Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Rondo needs to jump ship.. where can he go? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305362)

unbreakable 06-25-2013 01:06 PM

Rondo needs to jump ship.. where can he go?

Any chance Rondo can land with a contender in the east such as the Pacers or Knicks?... He's my favorite PG of all time and I think he could instantly turn a pretender like the Knicks into a real title contender..

what do yall think? he's only making 12 mil next year.. that could easily be moved around

#number6ix# 06-25-2013 01:19 PM

Re: Rondo needs to jump ship.. where can he go?

Miami???

Seriously tho pacers would be perfect... That team would be hell... Maybe the rockets or Mavs

Rowe 06-25-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakable
Any chance Rondo can land with a contender in the east such as the Pacers or Knicks?... He's my favorite PG of all time and I think he could instantly a pretender like the Knicks into a real title contender..

what do yall think? he's only making 12 mil next year.. that could easily be moved around

He isn't going to end up with a contender.

Utah makes a lot of sense with their young assets of Favors, Kanter, Burks, & Hayward. Take the 2 bigs & Burks and Boston probably would do that deal assuming another contract like Bass goes back to Utah.

It would give their management a reason to re-sign Millsap and Jefferson and try to contend out West.

Donnybrook 06-25-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #number6ix#
Miami???

Seriously tho pacers would be perfect... That team would be hell... Maybe the rockets or Mavs

Pacers would be an amazing fit for him. As much of a Celtic's fan as I am, I would love to see Rondo join a contender at this point in his career, rather than spend the next 3-4 years rebuilding.

Pacers are a fast-paced, tough, defensive team that would suit his playing style perfectly. Not to mention quality shooters that are athletic and can run with him, as well as Hibbert who has become a force at the center position. Rondo would be finding the right people and would be constantly drawing the opponents defense towards him as he drives the lane. It would open up so many perfect scenarios and really add some versatility at the point for the Pacers.

I've always felt that the Pacers have lacked an elite PG and that is really the piece of the puzzle that they need.

pegasus 06-25-2013 01:34 PM

I'm not sure if Rondo is the missing piece for the Pacers. He is a very good player but can't shoot and is very ball dominant. George is not a spot-up shooter or someone who needs a good pg to get him buckets.

Assuming they'd lose Granger and Hill to get Rondo, don't see who would be the shooters around him. George and West? Lance can't shoot. They'd be scary in the open court, but that's not playoff basketball.

Hill is a good PG for them. He just needs to get better at running the team and find consistency. And of course, they need much better bench players. Hopefully Granger will come back strong and be willing to come off the bench.

tomtucker 06-25-2013 01:39 PM

rondo is diffcult to work with, he will fight anyone.........say what you want but the guy has big :

bluechox2 06-25-2013 02:00 PM

dont know how the knicks can get him, but hed be a perfect passing pg

ProfessorMurder 06-25-2013 02:16 PM

I think he'd be amazing in Denver... But who knows what system Denver will run now.

irriducibili 06-25-2013 02:18 PM

No. Rondo is Celt 4 life.

jimmy77x 06-25-2013 02:18 PM

Have a feeling he is going to demand a trade when the celtics suck cawk this year.

imnew09 06-25-2013 02:22 PM

He needs to come to the Lakers.

ballup 06-25-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakable
Any chance Rondo can land with a contender in the east such as the Pacers or Knicks?... He's my favorite PG of all time and I think he could instantly turn a pretender like the Knicks into a real title contender..

Knicks need a lot more than Rondo to be a contender.

NumberSix 06-25-2013 02:37 PM

Dude is a great player, but he's a cancer. Wouldn't want him on my team.

9512 06-25-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtucker
rondo is diffcult to work with, he will fight anyone.........say what you want but the guy has big :

...Gunt?

PickernRoller 06-25-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imnew09
He needs to come to the Lakers.

If he practices making 3's. I'll take him sure. We need a young Fisher type PG. The clutch/balls gene, the defense, the decent-finisher at the RIM and the 3's. Need to be able to knock down 3's period.