Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Predictions: Better 13/14 season. Wolves or Cavs? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305854)

Levity 06-28-2013 02:11 PM

Predictions: Better 13/14 season. Wolves or Cavs?

Both teams were thought to be near playoff teams this past season if they stayed healthy. Neither team did, and as a result, both missed out on the post season

Both teams will hopefully go into the 13/14 season relatively healthy and each of them should have a good chance of breaking into the top 8 of their respective conferences.

My question is, out of these two teams, which do you think will finish the regular season better?

Twolves:

Rubio/ JJ B (assuming ridnour is traded)
Still planning on drafting a FA SG(mayo?)/ Bazz / Shved
AK (assuming he opts in/ Budinger
Love/Dwill/Dieng?
Pek(looks promising)/Dieng

Coach: adleman

Cavs:

Irving
Waiters
Acquiring a new SF? / Gee
Thompon?/Bennet?
Andy V/ Zeller

Coach: Brown

Both of these teams has all star potential, and will most likely make more off season moves. But from the way the rosters look at this point, who do you have your money on?

SilkkTheShocker 06-28-2013 02:14 PM

Re: Predictions: Better 13/14 season. Wolves or Cavs?

I would imagine Wolves until the Cavs get some veterans. But I think Cleveland has a better future.

Suguru101 06-28-2013 02:17 PM

If both are healthy it's not even a question.

Timberwolves hava a balanced roster that could go for up to a 7th-6th seed.

Cavaliers are not lacking talent, but they have players who are just learning how to play in the NBA and are not as balanced a team.

SpurrDurr 06-28-2013 02:18 PM

Wolves starting 5 looks quite good, but the defence remains a huge problem.

Also Love clearly doesn't wanna play there, so they will have to deal with it.

Suguru101 06-28-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I would imagine Wolves until the Cavs get some veterans. But I think Cleveland has a better future.

Yeah, when Irving and Waiters have a few years of experience together they will be very good. I'm not sure what to make of Bennet yet though.

SilkkTheShocker 06-28-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suguru101
Yeah, when Irving and Waiters have a few years of experience together they will be very good. I'm not sure what to make of Bennet yet though.

I like Bennett's talent. He had arguably (alone with McClemore) the most upside in the draft. He wasn't a great fit, but I can never fault a team for going for the home run. This Cavs team has a lot of talent. Going to be interesting to see how they build it. As for the Wolves, they got a nice team and all. But their upside is a one and done playoff team. I just don't Love as someone that can take a team all that far. But if someone like Shabazz or D. Williams steps up, I guess you never know.

Suguru101 06-28-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I like Bennett's talent. He had arguably (alone with McClemore) the most upside in the draft. He wasn't a great fit, but I can never fault a team for going for the home run. This Cavs team has a lot of talent. Going to be interesting to see how they build it. As for the Wolves, they got a nice team and all. But their upside is a one and done playoff team. I just don't Love as someone that can take a team all that far. But if someone like Shabazz or D. Williams steps up, I guess you never know.

What they need is somebody in the perimeter who can make his own shot under pressure, and some long range shooting. Shabazz has the tools for that role, but we don't know if he's a star in the making or somebody who will just look for his own shot at the cost of chemistry.

The Timberwolves, the Cavs, and The Wizards are the most interesting borderline-playoffs for next year, i will keep tabs on them.

RedBlackAttack 06-28-2013 03:16 PM

You should include Sergie Karasev at SF for the Cavs. He's only 19 and was considered arguably the best pure shooter in the draft. He's going to get minutes right off the bat. Who knows... he could take Gee's spot this year. The Cavs could also make some moves to address the SF spot until Karasev is ready to take over (assuming that happens).

They are also in contention for Oden.

I really like what the Wizards have going too. Wall, Beal, Porter is a nice foundation. Those guys fit together perfectly.

Dr. Cheesesteak 06-28-2013 03:36 PM

I think both teams have the roster+coaches to contend for a playoff spot. Of course, #8 in the West is different than #8 in the East, record-wise. As of now, I got TWolves winning 40~42 games and Cavs winning 36~38 games.