Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Eric Bledsoe to Toronto? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305976)

AC Earl 06-29-2013 05:35 PM

Eric Bledsoe to Toronto?

The Toronto Raptors have joined the Orlando Magic at the head of the list of known suitors for Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com the talks between the Raptors and Clippers are still in the exploratory stage, but the Raptors' interest in L.A.'s prized young point guard is said to be significant.

The Raptors have been openly shopping forward Andrea Bargnani for months and would try, sources say, to include Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe, which wouldn't necessarily dissuade the Clippers, given their longstanding need for a big man who can stretch the floor. But sources added that Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan is the Raptor most likely to tempt the Clippers, which falls in line with L.A.'s interest in Arron Afflalo in their Bledsoe talks with Orlando.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

kmart 06-29-2013 05:48 PM

Re: Eric Bledsoe to Toronto?

If Masai gets rid of 2 bad contracts in one deal, IMO he is one of the better GMs and deserves executive of the year.

Dr.Funk 06-29-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
If Masai gets rid of 2 bad contracts in one deal, IMO he is one of the better GMs and deserves executive of the year.

Judging by that article it's not going to be Bargnani and DD in that deal.

kmart 06-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Judging by that article it's not going to be Bargnani and DD in that deal.

Still a damn good deal.

clipse 06-29-2013 07:20 PM

I'd be interested to see if Doc can get anything out of Barngani. Throw in a second round draft pick to get it done. Bargs needs to be gone before the start of this season!

brwnman 06-29-2013 08:33 PM

Doc Rivers had high praise for Derozan last year, so makes sense. Also, Clips are definitely in the market for a SG, there were rumors of Afflalo for Bledsoe. The Clippers can also use a stretch big off the bench.

As for the Raptors, I don't see Bledsoe as a starting PG for a good team. He is uber-athletic. Takes chances on defense, but is usually a bulldog (a good thing). The game that has to improve for him is offensively. Not much of a playmaker and has no shot whatsoever. Really inconsistent night to night. He's a guy you love to have coming off the bench for a change of pace. He can get to the rim against anybody as he's fast and explosive off the bounce. I wouldn't mind getting him if it meant Bargnani is gone (and Derozan going doesn't hurt either). This opens up playing time for Terrence Ross. Bledsoe can develop at an easier pace; and hopefully, this means we're looking at an actual rebuild. Valanciunas and Ross will actually get to play by not being blocked by other players (again, hopefully, cause you never know what Casey will do)...

Dr.Funk 06-30-2013 10:16 AM

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
One possible outcome to Clips/Raps trade talks: Bargnani to LA for Caron Butler ... with Clips saving Bledsoe for bigger deal or keeping him

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
One possible outcome to Clips/Raps trade talks: Bargnani to LA for Caron Butler ... with Clips saving Bledsoe for bigger deal or keeping him

Ugh, too bad.

I guess this was too good to be true. Dumping one bad contract and getting a decent asset in return. Again, the mess that Colangelo left is huge and no GM could "blow it up" in one offseason. The Raptors are going to be feeling Colangelo's legacy for a couple years, unfortunately.

Dr.Funk 06-30-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Ugh, too bad.

I guess this was too good to be true. Dumping one bad contract and getting a decent asset in return. Again, the mess that Colangelo left is huge and no GM could "blow it up" in one offseason. The Raptors are going to be feeling Colangelo's legacy for a couple years, unfortunately.

I'd still do that deal.

Almost anything to get rid of Bargnani.

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

I'd still do that deal.

Almost anything to get rid of Bargnani.

Oh of course. All I need to know is that the other player's contract is one year shorter than Bargnani's. I don't care who that other player is or what they do.

DJMason 06-30-2013 12:10 PM

Just hearing that Ujiri is shopping Derozan in addition to the obvious Bargnani gives me hope of finally doing a proper rebuild. Even if it will take a while since the current CBA makes salary dumps nigh impossible.

Not expecting miracles, but progress is being made. On another note, the Clipse are not exactly addressing their defensive issues here but whatever. Any time Blake and Bargs are on the court at the same time the D would be scary bad.