Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bargnani close to being acquired by the Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306074)

Legends66NBA7 06-30-2013 06:10 PM

Bargnani close to being acquired by the Knicks

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--so...223847584.html

Quote:

The Toronto Raptors are finalizing an agreement on a trade to send former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani to the New York Knicks, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Knicks will send their 2016 first-round pick to the Raptors, and a package that includes Marcus Camby and Steve Novak, league sources said.

The Knicks will also send two future second-round picks to Toronto, sources said.

For new Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri, the deal finally unloads the two years, $22 million left on the contract of the underachieving 7-foot forward.
Barganani was the first pick in the 2006 NBA draft, and has averaged 15 points and nearly five rebounds a game for his career.

The teams still need to complete a trade call with the NBA on Sunday night.

The New York Times first reported the teams were closing in on a deal.

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 06:14 PM

Re: Bargnani close to being acquired by the Knicks

One poster's dream coming true.

Well, at least it breaks down one shit contract (Bargnani) into two smaller shit contracts (Camby and Novak). It's a start to cleaning up this god forsaken roster.

(Assuming it's true)

Legends66NBA7 06-30-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
One poster's dream coming true.

Well, at least it breaks down one shit contract (Bargnani) into two smaller shit contracts (Camby and Novak). It's a start to cleaning up this god forsaken roster.

(Assuming it's true)

Same here.

Might as well dust of the Marcus Camby jerseys while were at it. :oldlol:

DJMason 06-30-2013 06:20 PM

Breaking Bargnani's contract into two smaller, easier to move pieces while also acquiring two picks plus watching him fail on the big stage in MSG are all reasons to love this deal. I prefer it to the Clippers one of just Bargs for Butler since there were no picks ever mentioned and NY should have better picks anyway.

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 06:28 PM

The keys to tanking these next 2 seasons are:

- Finding good "future value" (picks or young talent) in return for Lowry and Amir. If your goal is to tank then you need to deal these two because they're actually pretty damn good players and should still have value.

- Find someone to dump either Gay or Derozan on. I don't think the Raptors would be able to deal both but getting rid of one of them would be nice. Preferably Derozan since his deal is longer. I think you can still tank with Gay brainlessly chucking shots with scrubs around him.

DJMason 06-30-2013 06:38 PM

I definitely think Derozan is on his way out. He likely can net more value from someone (locked down for longer, still has "upside," smaller contract, BC isn't the only idiot GM in the league etc) and keeping Gay is easier to sell the fanbase as he is a "star" and can put up big numbers on a bad team.

Legends66NBA7 06-30-2013 06:44 PM

I don't want to see Bargs fail, I hope he can play decent or better for his proposed new team. Just wish it wasn't for a division rival.

Legends66NBA7 06-30-2013 06:58 PM

Updated OP. Per Woj, deal all but done.

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 07:01 PM

Once Woj says it, it happens.

I'd be surprised if Novak is on the Raptors next year. I could see him getting flipped to a contender as part of another deal.

AC Earl 06-30-2013 07:04 PM

:banana:

kmart 06-30-2013 07:06 PM

Step one: get rid of Bargs
Step two: Derozan

rebuild!

DJMason 06-30-2013 07:07 PM

The nightmare that is the Bargnani era is over. Like the idea of Camby mentoring Val too. Or, call me crazy, amnesty one of Camby or Novak and let Klezia expire next year for maximum flexibility.

bonez26 06-30-2013 07:11 PM

Finally got the most out of trade. I was expecting a bag of balls back in return.

1 - 2016
2 - future Seconds
and smaller contracts in novak and Camby.

Sign me up. Good first move Ujiri. I wonder if this is a sign of good things to come.... however holding my breath.:applause:

Qwyjibo 06-30-2013 07:13 PM

I hope Camby just retires now.

bonez26 06-30-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I hope Camby just retires now.

Almost don't even care if he does...lol if he's there to mentor some young bigs on D and come of the bench to help in spot minutes or defensive situations at the end of games...then be it. Just happy Bargs is gone!!!!

This means full rebuild hopefully the proper way. No more bandaids. Although was hoping we'd get a deal done for Bledsoe. Oh well! Can't get everything you wish for.