Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Moving to Portland, best way to find rooms? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306208)

StocktonFan 07-01-2013 07:55 PM

Moving to Portland, best way to find rooms?

So i'm moving out to Portland July 26th (driving from socal), and i wish to have a room by then. Unfortunately most people are requiring me to meet in person, which is fair but making it difficult on my part. Anyone know any other credible sites besides craigslist that can help me find a viable place?

Specifically, around Hillsboro Oregon.

Thanks in advance

StocktonFan 07-02-2013 12:39 AM

Re: Moving to Portland, best way to find rooms?

Awesome, thanks for your help ISH.

sundizz 07-02-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StocktonFan
Awesome, thanks for your help ISH.

So stay in a hostel for a week and meet with people in person? You can easily meet with 1 to 4 people a day and should have no problem finding a compatible place/person in a week.

sundizz 07-02-2013 02:20 AM

I even checked and there are hostels in Portland for about ~20-30 a night. And it's less than a 30 minute drive to Hillsboro. Step it up. Moving to a new city and can't even figure something this simple out.

jaydacris 07-02-2013 02:25 AM

dont think i can help
i generally stay in luxurious 5 star hotels when i travel

PejaNowitzki 07-02-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StocktonFan
So i'm moving out to Portland July 26th (driving from socal), and i wish to have a room by then. Unfortunately most people are requiring me to meet in person, which is fair but making it difficult on my part. Anyone know any other credible sites besides craigslist that can help me find a viable place?

Specifically, around Hillsboro Oregon.

Thanks in advance

Go to Craigslist and search on there, tons of people looking for rommies or rent out guest houses.....just be careful, you might end up with a guy who assumes you like surprise butt secks.

Balla_Status 07-02-2013 04:51 AM

Stay in a cheap motel for a couple weeks and look for a place. I would be weary if anybody DIDNT want to meet me in person before signing a lease.

Plus, you want to meet the person you'd be rooming with dude...bad move by not doing so.

Do you have a job up there? Are they not relocating you?

StocktonFan 07-02-2013 06:32 AM

Maybe the question was worded oddly, i know i'm going to have to motel-it a few nights, i'm just seeing if there are any other sites besides craigslist to look up rooms. Seeing as how stafford loans are going to be 6.8% from day 1 since im unsubsidized, im looking for a room between 300-400 with utilities.

That last part is what is making it difficult... i've been searching craigslist for quite some time and i feel i should be searching other sites as well, which is why i'm asking those who may have done a similar search.

Myth 07-02-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundizz
So stay in a hostel for a week and meet with people in person? You can easily meet with 1 to 4 people a day and should have no problem finding a compatible place/person in a week.

This was going to be my suggestion. Also OP, if you find a place outside of Portland, you should find a place significantly cheaper than places in SoCal so you can go without a roommate if you'd like.