Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steve Nash trade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306464)

Run&Gun=Fun 07-03-2013 11:32 PM

Steve Nash trade

Suns were awful last season and the Beasley signing was a real bonehead move but they've been making some nice moves which will fly under the radar for now.

Bledsoe and Caron's expirer was a great get for Dudley.
They all but had Eric Gordon last year and I have a feeling they might still nab him with Dragic and/or Gortat as bait.

The Steve Nash deal was perhaps the best of the lot though, it netted them Archie Goodwin this year who apparently has some nice potential but they will receive the Lakers' unprotected first rounder in 2015. If Dwight leaves and Kobe/Nash/Pau are all 2 years older the lakers will likely be in the lottery. Not bad considering Steve and the Suns no longer had any use for each other.

Suns finally bit the bullet on the rebuild and it's looking ok so far.

Xover 07-04-2013 01:51 AM

Re: Steve Nash trade

I agree with ya. Everybody does, though that's not the reason why your not getting any replies in your thread. Us suns fans simply get no love on the main board :confusedshrug:

ConanRulesNBC 07-04-2013 02:13 AM

Unless Nash can be traded to a contender before next season I'd like to see him back on the Suns and retire there.

C: Gortat
PF: Scola
SF: Beasley
SG: Bledsoe
PG: Nash

Scholar 07-04-2013 02:19 AM

Steve Nash is my favorite player of all-time. It was hard to be happy for him when he was on the Suns, killing the Lakers in the Playoffs.
When he got sent out to LA, I was obviously excited; however, I now realize that though I've gotten the chance to see my favorite player on my favorite team, the Suns won that trade. They get a chance at some success in the future while the Lakers may be hitting the lottery in a worse rebuild period than when Magic retired.

Scholar 07-04-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xover
I agree with ya. Everybody does, though that's not the reason why your not getting any replies in your thread. Us suns fans simply get no love on the main board :confusedshrug:

If replies are wanted, always mention LeBron, Kobe or MJ in the first sentence.

Run&Gun=Fun 07-04-2013 06:06 AM

Haha yeah suns fans have retreated back into their shells a bit lately.

Got a feeling they'll get pick no 1 next year. It's about all we can hope for at the moment.

wagexslave 07-04-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
Haha yeah suns fans have retreated back into their shells a bit lately.

Got a feeling they'll get pick no 1 next year. It's about all we can hope for at the moment.

I've been here the whole time including all of last year's painful season. Not going anywhere.

And no, I don't think we'll get the #1 pick next year. That requires good luck, something the Suns never get. Look at this year... the Suns finished last place in the western conference and they still managed to move DOWN a spot in the draft rather than moving up... :facepalm Typical Suns luck.

I am quite happy with the moves they've made lately, making Hornacek the new head coach. And I like the move the new GM just made getting great value for Dudley. Things are finally starting to look up for us.

OmniStrife 07-04-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Unless Nash can be traded to a contender before next season I'd like to see him back on the Suns and retire there.

Please no more!
:cry:

Run&Gun=Fun 07-04-2013 10:06 AM

The bad luck goes right back to the inaugural season when I believe they lost a coin flip with the bucks who ultimately drafted Kareem.

But the luck has got to turn soon... Right?

New GM seems like a good one, I like the no-nonsense attitude.
Have to wait and see with Hornacek, I thought they should have tried to get Stan Van Gundy he's too good a coach to be out of a job.

NASH = BEST 07-04-2013 02:03 PM

Not looking bad for our Suns, however, I don't buy the "Lakers will likely be a lottery team" if Howard doesn't resign statement.

Maniak 07-04-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

I wouldn't.

wakencdukest 07-04-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniStrife
Please no more!
:cry:

Beasely is done. He'll never be shit. Is he even coming back after the sexual assault charges?

Nastradamus 07-04-2013 02:42 PM

WOuldn't be surprised to see Nash play his final season for the SUns, next year. Lakers could use the stretch provision on him this year or next year if they need the cap space.