Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dexter season 8 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306583)

alenleomessi 07-05-2013 07:22 AM

Dexter season 8
 
i didnt see a thread? what happened? no one watching?

its the last season of the show, and the first episode aired few days ago... the promo for episode 2 looked crazy

Thorpesaurous 07-05-2013 08:02 AM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i didnt see a thread? what happened? no one watching?

its the last season of the show, and the first episode aired few days ago... the promo for episode 2 looked crazy



I really liked the first episode. But I've been sucked in on this show in the past in the first couple episodes, only to see the wheels come off.

I like the notion of this profiler lady coming in and already knowing who Dexter is. Looks like she's gonna feed him our "villain" this year. And my guess is Dexter will look into him more, and he won't be what she says he is, and that will wind up somehow allowing him to justify her being a killer and fitting the code, and then he can kill her.

The thing that looks like it'll set this year apart is the stuff they're running Deb through. It's much more realistic and gritty than this show often comes off. Usually it's got that dark side, but it's set off by Masuka being a clown, and Batista and Quinn being cardboard cutouts. With more for Deb to chew on, you get the show's second best actor and second most fleshed out charater with something to work with, and it just felt better than it has even during some of the good seasons of the show. Really good stuff.

Also I'm not opposed to getting more of Batista's sister getting it on. And what the hell is the age gap between those two siblings, 25 years?

alenleomessi 07-05-2013 08:51 AM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I really liked the first episode. But I've been sucked in on this show in the past in the first couple episodes, only to see the wheels come off.

I like the notion of this profiler lady coming in and already knowing who Dexter is. Looks like she's gonna feed him our "villain" this year. And my guess is Dexter will look into him more, and he won't be what she says he is, and that will wind up somehow allowing him to justify her being a killer and fitting the code, and then he can kill her.

The thing that looks like it'll set this year apart is the stuff they're running Deb through. It's much more realistic and gritty than this show often comes off. Usually it's got that dark side, but it's set off by Masuka being a clown, and Batista and Quinn being cardboard cutouts. With more for Deb to chew on, you get the show's second best actor and second most fleshed out charater with something to work with, and it just felt better than it has even during some of the good seasons of the show. Really good stuff.

Also I'm not opposed to getting more of Batista's sister getting it on. And what the hell is the age gap between those two siblings, 25 years?

the old lady seems interesting but i would be disappointed if she is the main villain... i mean its the last season of the show, dexter has to be the main villain, literally. the whole miami metro after dexter, that would be epic.

and spoiler: from the promo for next episode debra enters the miami metro saying she has a confession to make ( could be a dream )... and we also see that hannah will be back


i would say more like 15... her 30 and batista around 45

Thorpesaurous 07-05-2013 10:05 AM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by alenleomessi
the old lady seems interesting but i would be disappointed if she is the main villain... i mean its the last season of the show, dexter has to be the main villain, literally. the whole miami metro after dexter, that would be epic.

and spoiler: from the promo for next episode debra enters the miami metro saying she has a confession to make ( could be a dream )... and we also see that hannah will be back


i would say more like 15... her 30 and batista around 45



I'd take the 45, but I was thinking 50, and I'd put her around 25 tops. But whatever.

I think that promo was for coming up this season on Dexter, not necessarily next episode, so I don't think all that will happen next week.

I think she might be villain that finally gets Dexter, and turns the whole Miami metro onto him. She puts him on someone she wants dead, he questions her motives, and she goes to MM and rats him out, putting Deb in the middle. That's my guess as to how this plays out.
There will be plenty of people for Dex to work out his emotions on as the season rolls along. I assume he'll be taking out that fake fence / hitman within the next few weeks.

Tarik One 07-05-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
There's no doubt that this creepy doctor has known about Dexter since he was a child. Once Harry realized Dexter had homicidal tendencies, he sought help from Capt. Matthews who in turn referred him to the doctor.

Think about it. Why else would Matthews give so much resistance towards LaGuerta? He knew all along.

bladefd 07-05-2013 04:10 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I like the notion of this profiler lady coming in and already knowing who Dexter is. Looks like she's gonna feed him our "villain" this year. And my guess is Dexter will look into him more, and he won't be what she says he is, and that will wind up somehow allowing him to justify her being a killer and fitting the code, and then he can kill her.


The lady thinks Dexter still follows Harry's code to the book when she says that dexter won't kill her since she doesn't fit his code. We have recently seen Dexter breaking away from Harry's code over and over. That means that it doesn't matter whether she fits the code or not. She will end up dying, and my guess is that Dexter will get caught killing her and disposing her body. That will take apart Dexter and be the end of the series.

Perhaps the people catching him will be Deb and Quinn. This time, Deb will kill Dexter or at least make sure he takes the fall for it. She is distancing herself from Dexter as far as possible so she has no trouble letting her emotions and feelings for Dexter get in the way next time she catches him trying to kill someone.

Quinn is definitely going to be a big part going forward because we saw the focus shift to him significantly in this first episode. That means his role just grew. I have a feeling Deb will catch Quinn and Jamie/Batista's sister having sex, which will make Deb jealous. Quinn will try to appease Deb by developing feelings for her again and sleeping with her again mid-way through the season.. That will be Dexter's downfall

Qwyjibo 07-05-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
I have hope for this last season but then again, I had hope last season too and it devolved into the most ridiculous and worst season of Dexter.

We'll see. I liked the premiere and the angle with the doctor knowing about Dexter should be a good one.

Tarik One 07-05-2013 07:41 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I have hope for this last season but then again, I had hope last season too and it devolved into the most ridiculous and worst season of Dexter.

We'll see. I liked the premiere and the angle with the doctor knowing about Dexter should be a good one.

The actor who played Isaak had to leave the show for personal reasons which is why that plotline (best one in years) had ended so abruptly and anticlimactic. That is why they had to drag out the Hannah crap.

Thorpesaurous 07-06-2013 12:05 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
The actor who played Isaak had to leave the show for personal reasons which is why that plotline (best one in years) had ended so abruptly and anticlimactic. That is why they had to drag out the Hannah crap.



Hannah being something of a big name, that surprised me some. And I thought the Isaac character came to a reasonable conclusion. The show hasn't been great in years in my min, but I thought last season was a step up from the previous season. And season 5 was good in my opinion mostly because of how good Lithgow was, otherwise structure wise it wasn't great.

Qwyjibo 07-06-2013 12:26 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Hannah being something of a big name, that surprised me some. And I thought the Isaac character came to a reasonable conclusion. The show hasn't been great in years in my min, but I thought last season was a step up from the previous season. And season 5 was good in my opinion mostly because of how good Lithgow was, otherwise structure wise it wasn't great.

That was season 4 and I thought it was great as well. 5 was the Lumen season which I actually liked but seems to be universally hated among Dexter.

alenleomessi 07-06-2013 12:35 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
ive been searching for the older dexter threads on this forum and it looks like i have always been unhappy with this show but for whatever reason, season 8 and im still watching :oldlol:

jaydacris 07-08-2013 04:53 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
so this lady helped Harry 'develop' Dexter

My hunch is that we find out some more dark/twisted stuff about her

maybe she created even more serial killers than dexter and the current serial killer in the show

alenleomessi 07-08-2013 05:51 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
kind of meh episode to be honest...

Thorpesaurous 07-08-2013 07:54 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
I still like where this is going. I think shedding some of the plot fat will really help this show. Masuka has been limited to where he should, making one cheesey joke an episode. Killing LaGuerta off has also limited the need to spread the show around. Same with getting rid of Dexter's step kids.

So the show is really running around Dex, Deb, Quinn, and the Lady, and the mystery killer. Some shows really work well bouncing around, but as much as I like this show, it just doesn't have the man power to do it.

Also, in two episodes this show has taken on a much much darker tone than we've seen in a while on this series. Dex conflicted with Deb really has a felt darker. And Deb is obviously in a really dark place, and is really killing it for a character who had sort of become a potty mouthe tough chick cliche.

How weird do you think it is for those two to be doing those scenes where she has to say how she wanted the opposite of hating him when they were married once and by all accounts split up due to his infidelity?

I have to say, my very first instinct upon seeing the video of the guy getting shot was that the old lady was the shooter. Although there's no way she could get him onto that hook. Although those sort of inconsistencies don't mean much in this show.

jdiaby 07-08-2013 08:29 PM

Re: Dexter season 8
 
Im liking this season so far, i think the psychiatrist is great angle that can played a multitude of ways, from the 2 episodes this is what I believe so far( right or wrong):
-Matthews knows Dexter has been a killer the whole time being Harry's best friend, he just doesn't give a care cause he has been killing "bad guys"
- The female psychiatrist is the real killer taking peoples parts of their brains, I think she trying to set up all her old clients one against each other, or Dexter, but she is definitely up to more
-Hopefully Debra dies, I appreciated El Sapo whipping her a$$.
- They keep referencing back to season 2, since this is last season I would like them to incorporate characters from past seasons, there are more people other than Deb and psychiatrist that know about Dexter such as Lumen, The trinity Killers whole family, bring all the cards out


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy