Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chris Kaman Signs With Lakers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=307076)

dd24 07-08-2013 04:51 PM

Chris Kaman Signs With Lakers

Quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to terms with free agent center Chris Kaman on a one-year deal, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Financial specifics of the contract weren't immediately known.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Lakers pressed hard to complete a deal with Kaman over the weekend to ensure they have a quality starting center in the wake of Dwight Howard's departure, without impacting their projected 2014 salary-cap space.

Kaman, 31, struggled through an injury-plagued campaign with the Dallas Mavericks this past season, averaging 10.5 points and 5.6 rebounds in 66 games.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...al-sources-say

I wonder how much money they are giving him. I thought he might end up in Miami. Especially if he was just going to get a 1 year deal.

BallsOut 07-08-2013 05:22 PM

Re: Chris Kaman Signs With Lakers

Word on the street is its a 1 year deal for mini MLE which is about 3 mill, but that's just my guess.

Anyway, the quote mentions starting C? I don't know if they should run that especially if they plan to keep Metta, that's the slowest frontcourt in the league (Gasol/Kaman/World Peace).

They'd get pick n rolled to death. :cry:

Kaman is better serviced as backup C. I'd like to see Odom return as starting PF alongside Gasol and Jordan Hill backing him up at the 4 (a role which he excels at).

Then AK47 or Corey Brewer for the remainder of the mini MLE and Nate Robinson or Aaron Brooks and it'll be a good offseason..

bladefd 07-08-2013 05:25 PM

Seems like it is the full mini-MLE

Quote:

Kaman's deal is valued at the Lakers' mini mid-level exception amount of just under $3.2 million, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

I do not know what to make of this deal. I like Kaman's game, BUT he has been missing too many games due to injuries.

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
Kobe..coming off major injury
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone

Mgamer20o0 07-08-2013 05:48 PM

maybe its.... we tried to do good this year but sorry to many inj but look we got a good pick.

crisoner 07-08-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd

I do not know what to make of this deal. I like Kaman's game, BUT he has been missing too many games due to injuries.

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone

I'm all for our players doing PED's!!! Just don't get caught!

kobesabi 07-08-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd

So we have..
Nash..injuryprone
MWP
Gasol..injuryprone
Kaman..injuryprone

Don't forget...D'Antoni too - injury prone to himself and the team.

DKLaker 07-08-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobesabi
Don't forget...D'Antoni too - injury prone to himself and the team.

You said it, not me :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Beware of folks who can't handle the truth :oldlol:

lakerfreak 07-08-2013 09:14 PM

Great deal for LA. I am surprised they were able to land a guy like that at only 1 year, and WAY under market value.

In a league with Dwight Howard as the best center, and other guys aren't that close, this move is a good one. Very low risk.

DKLaker 07-08-2013 11:40 PM

What are the chances the Lakers have an All-White starting 5 on opening night :oldlol: No Hate :oldlol:

L.A. Jazz 07-09-2013 01:16 PM