Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why people want change, end the double standard (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308101)

ReturnofJPR 07-19-2013 01:46 PM

Why people want change, end the double standard

Apparently since little Antonio West was just another "white Hispanic" it warranted no comment by the Left, the maggot media, the Hollyweirdos or the White Hut. Now most of you are going to ask, "who was Antonio West?" Read on and find out....

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Treyvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Treyvon.

Thank you.
in Brunswick, GA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/23/us/georgia-baby-killed

ace23 07-19-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Why people want change, end the double standard

What does this have to do with a double standard?

ReturnofJPR 07-19-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
What does this have to do with a double standard?

Where's the public outcry? The media coverage? That's the double standard.

qrich 07-19-2013 01:59 PM

I feel real bad for that woman. Second child that she has had murdered.

Real sad story though, anyone who can pull the trigger right in a babies face needs the death penalty without hesitation. Child molesters and baby killers need to be thrown on an isolated island to fend for themselves with various boundaries that ensure they can't make it back to society.

This isn't a good example either to try to show hypocrisy. Some see it, some don't and others will bend everything they can to avoid admitting it.

Ass Dan 07-19-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Where's the media coverage?

cnn.com?:confusedshrug:

Ass Dan 07-19-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
I feel real bad for that woman. Second child that she has had murdered.

Real sad story though, anyone who can pull the trigger right in a babies face needs the death penalty without hesitation. Child molesters and baby killers need to be thrown on an isolated island to fend for themselves with various boundaries that ensure they can't make it back to society.

This isn't a good example either to try to show hypocrisy. Some see it, some don't and others will bend everything they can to avoid admitting it.

Pedoph-isle? :confusedshrug:

qrich 07-19-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ass Dan
Pedoph-isle? :confusedshrug:

:roll:

That would work

ace23 07-19-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Where's the public outcry? The media coverage? That's the double standard.

The cases are completely different. Of course there wouldn't be as much media coverage (There was some.) for a random murder. It happens all the time.

ReturnofJPR 07-19-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
The cases are completely different. Of course there wouldn't be as much media coverage (There was some.) for a random murder. It happens all the time.

How offensive! Why wasn't Trayvon Martin just a random murder then?

Myth 07-19-2013 02:08 PM

Yes, life is so hard for most of us white people :facepalm

ace23 07-19-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Because it wasn't. Dude killed an unarmed child, claimed self-defense and wasn't arrested.

The cases are completely different.

Myth 07-19-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Because of the audio 911 recording of the guy about to chase down an unarmed black kid AND THEN claiming self defense when he shoots that kid.

Also, this case was also not ruled as a hate crime. I also assume the kids in the OPs story were found guilty, correct? Easy court decisions don't make news.

Ass Dan 07-19-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Yes, life is so hard for most of us white people :facepalm

Shit cracka you from OC, you step on the wrong Korean kid's sneaker at Diamond Jamboree and his crew may have some words with you before they get in Mommy's Mercedes station wagon and go home to finish their homework.

OC is no joke homie, tough place for a whitey.

ace23 07-19-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Easy court decisions don't make news.

Pretty much true, but I actually have seen this on the news. It didn't get the coverage that the Trayvon case did obviously, but it made national news. The OP posted a ****ing CNN article. :oldlol:

qrich 07-19-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Easy court decisions don't make news.

Spooner case was easy, made the news thanks to a "civil rights activist".

Same with Jodi Arias, made the news due to the extreme nature of the case (gun shot, 27 stab wounds, driving 8 hours or so to get to Alexander's house. Driving 10 hours and sleeping with a LSD member right after).

Daniel Adkins is similar to this. His killer is walking away without remand, without bail until and during the trial. He simply had to drug test once a month. He failed to so, still did not get remand nor bail, but has to pee once a week now. He also has a prior drug conviction. That is closer to showing double standard.