Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Draft] Any draftees that will make you start following a new team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3082)

kwajo 06-28-2006 08:44 AM

[Draft] Any draftees that will make you start following a new team?

So with the draft coming up tonight, which of the possible draftees will make you sit-up and start following a new team? This isnít about switching your favorite team, obviously youíre going to stick with them through thick and thin, but this is about becoming a casual fan of a secondary team. For example last year a lot of people became fans of the Hornets thanks to them drafting Chris Paul.

Personally Iím going to become much more interested in whatever team Adam Morrison gets drafted by, mainly because Iíll be interested how much he can do in the NBA and because I like his emotion. Iím hoping itís the Bobcats not the Blazers because it will be much easier to become a fan of Charlotte.

I might also start following whichever team drafts Kyle Lowry, I think he could become a very good player in the league.

So do any of you have a player that youíve latched onto and who will influence your NBA fandom in the coming years?

TheReturnofCed 06-28-2006 08:46 AM

Bobcats and Adam.

Wherever Roy goes I'll be intereted too.

Oh and Redick.

These guys are all real enigmas to me.

On a different note I have a real interest in where Keith Van Horn goes too.

kumquat 06-28-2006 08:47 AM

Definitely wherever Shelden Williams gets drafted.

I'll keep an eye on Morrison too.

adamcz 06-28-2006 08:50 AM

The right pick could make me follow Boston again, but I'm not sure if there's anybody in this draft who interests me enough. Morrison if anybody. To tell the truth, I don't know much about these prospects, since the Bucks didn't have a pick.

kumquat 06-28-2006 08:51 AM

Why don't you just follow Utah, it would make it a lot easier.

Skywalker 06-28-2006 08:55 AM

I'm sort of interested in Ronnie Brewer.

Guys I'll follow:

Ronnie Brewer
Maurice Ager
Steve Novak

craigthomasb 06-28-2006 09:42 AM

gay
aldridge
carney
MARUS WILLIAMS
ronnie brewer
maurice ager

sleepers

sergio rodrieguez
kyle lowry
hilton armstrong
shawne williams
rajon rondo
daneil gibson
darious washington

jamal 06-28-2006 09:43 AM

i follow the whole L, so it dont really matter

Joey Zaza 06-28-2006 10:14 AM

I'm rooting for Morrison and will buy a Morrison jersey for whatever team.
I'll also laugh at and root against whoever pick Bargangini.

TheReturnofCed 06-28-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I'm rooting for Morrison and will buy a Morrison jersey for whatever team.
I'll also laugh at and root against whoever pick Bargangini.

I'm with you Joey "PMS" Zaza

bigkingsfan 06-28-2006 10:25 AM

Probably none of them since most of the lottery teams will not get any national TV time and I ain't following some damn boxscore.

Skywalker 06-28-2006 10:29 AM

Quote:

i follow the whole L, so it dont really matter

kwaj doesnt mean just watch. He means who's stats are you gonna be interested in, whos progress are you gonna follow. If you do that for the whole league, wow.

adamcz 06-28-2006 10:59 AM

This isn't completely on topic, but I'm seriously rooting for Atlanta to draft another swingman. It would make my day.

Real Men Wear Green 06-28-2006 11:32 AM

I'll cheer for Marcus Williams like most of my UConn guys, but I only root for one team. It'd be lovely if they hooked up.

Heretik32 06-28-2006 11:48 AM

Morrison, definately.