Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   How you guys hanging? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308416)

CarlosBoozer 07-23-2013 12:34 PM

How you guys hanging?

Enjoying this off-season so far? Haven't been here in a while, how's my homies doing? :rockon:

Crystallas 07-23-2013 03:49 PM

Re: How you guys hanging?

Trying to survive cap-hell, u?

kshutts1 07-24-2013 11:07 AM

I don't post enough to qualify as a homie, lol, but I hate the offseason. Continually get let down, and there is no basketball being played to placate me.

poido123 07-25-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshutts1
I don't post enough to qualify as a homie, lol, but I hate the offseason. Continually get let down, and there is no basketball being played to placate me.

:biggums:

You do realise we have had a playoff team playing year in year out. What's there to be disappointed about?

JerryWest 07-25-2013 06:20 AM

Sucks being a bulls fan! Lakers for life :rockon:

Da_Bulls_23 07-25-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryWest
Sucks being a bulls fan! Lakers for life :rockon:

Not really, we good...

But not sure what Lakers fans have to look forward to. :confusedshrug:

kshutts1 07-26-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poido123
:biggums:

You do realise we have had a playoff team playing year in year out. What's there to be disappointed about?

I don't like being complacent. Even if your team wins the title, there are improvements to be made. It's a race, and half of the other teams are trying to be the best. If one team doesn't try to improve, then it's disappointing.

Maybe the Bulls FO tried, and were just unable to get anyone worthwhile because of our cap situation, etc. I can't fault them for that, so long as they tried. But Mike Dunleavy is our big acquisition? Good player, good fit, just leaves me wanting more. Now there's talk of Blair? Really? That's the last thing we need.

(e) 07-28-2013 01:27 AM

We replace Nate and Marco with Rose and Dunleavy. That's solid.

I think our top 8 guys are one of the most well rounded groups in the league.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell
Deng/Dunleavy
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

IMO, this will be the best Bulls team since 98.

I fully expect Rose to return to an All-Star level. Deng is now a 2 time All Star. Noah an All Star, and possibly the most complete center in the league. Boozer is a walking double double. Jimmy is one of the better defenders and should fit along side Rose very nicely.

The second unit looks legit. Hinrich, Dunleavy and Taj could all start for a lot of NBA teams. Not sure what we will get from the rookies, but both can definitely shoot.

Plus, look how long/big that team is. The defense should be better than ever (helps getting Rose back, who IMO is an underrated defender).

Rose 6'3", Butler 6'7", Deng 6'9", Boozer 6'9", Noah 6'11".
Hinrich 6'4", Snell 6'7", Dunleavy 6'9", Taj 6'9", Nazr 6'10"

Not trying to say height > all or anything, and I realize length, athletisim, ect ect can make up for a lack of height...but I can see this team giving other teams fits due to their height and length paired with Thibs.

Should be a fun season Bulls fans, I look forward to games at the UC.