Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   This is a life we chose.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309310)

kNicKz 08-02-2013 11:31 AM

This is a life we chose....

We are....KNICKS FANS!!!!

:bowdown:

offseason boredom lol

percelloveknicks 08-02-2013 12:07 PM

Re: This is a life we chose....

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNicKz
We are....KNICKS FANS!!!!

:bowdown:

offseason boredom lol

And damn proud of it too!

Rameek 08-02-2013 12:10 PM

I have a different take....

I didnt choose the Knicks, Yankees, Jets they chose me :lol :roll: :applause: :bowdown:

percelloveknicks 08-02-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
I have a different take....

I didnt choose the Knicks, Yankees, Jets they chose me :lol :roll: :applause: :bowdown:

the jets??!!!!, man you better stop torturing yourself, and come on home to the New York Football Giants. Im in football mode now. The jets, hahahahaha damn rameek, i feel for you, knickcity, and franchise.

knickscity 08-02-2013 06:00 PM

Lol, we like torture.:roll:

Rameek 08-03-2013 02:50 AM

Now you feel our pain lol..... I'm hopeless:roll:

kNicKz 08-03-2013 08:36 AM

Jets fan signing in here as well ...

franchize 08-06-2013 09:29 AM

I'm a Knicks, Mets and Jets fan. I think I have you guys beat. Not to mention my UCONN Huskies will no longer have Jim Calhoun.

Scoooter 08-06-2013 08:59 PM

Knicks, Giants, Yankees; unfortunately in that order.

percelloveknicks 08-07-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
Knicks, Giants, Yankees; unfortunately in that order.

Im in that order too.

Fresh Kid 08-07-2013 11:36 AM

Most definitely proud of it:cheers:

kNicKz 08-07-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I'm a Knicks, Mets and Jets fan. I think I have you guys beat. Not to mention my UCONN Huskies will no longer have Jim Calhoun.

future rep for being a UConn fan. Yankees all day tho!

Bano114 08-07-2013 02:06 PM

1. Giants

2.Knicks
3.Yankees

The gap between the Giants and Knicks, although helped by the superbowl wins, is in large part due to the fact that the Giants front office knows what their doing.

Their drafts always go great. They never oversign players. Players that aren't living up to their contracts (Bradshaw) get cut. Hell they even convinced Victor Cruz he wasn't worth what he thought he was worth.

Man, when Bennet left to the Bears, my first thought was Brandon Myers is the perfect fit for this team. Next thing you know he's a Giant.

The Giants will take precedent over the Knicks as long as the Knicks FO keeps going as it does.

Rameek 08-07-2013 03:28 PM

How would you rank the NY teams based on how well the organization is run, popularity, success?

Quote:

Buffalo Bills (NFL) - Buffalo
Buffalo Sabres (NHL) - Buffalo
MetroStars (MLS)
New York Giants (NFL) - New York City
New York Islanders (NHL) - New York City
New York Jets (NFL) - New York City
New York Knicks (NBA) - New York City
New York Liberty (WNBA) - New York City
New York Mets (MLB) - New York City
New York Rangers (NHL) - New York City
New York Yankees (MLB) - New York City

Bano114 08-07-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
How would you rank the NY teams based on how well the organization is run, popularity, success?

Man thats tough to do. I don't pay attention to all of those teams.

If were going all time it would be the Yankees #1. But I say we do this for the last 2 years.

In the last 2 years the Giants are pretty clearly #1. Professional organization that makes all the right moves, stays out of the circus spot light and competes. Also has a championship in that time period.

Second I would have to think is the New York Rangers. Also a proffesional organization, not afraid to make moves, but handles the roster with intellegence. Brings in great players, and has some nice depth. Went to the ECF 2 years ago and were the #1 seed that year too. They won a play off series this year and appear to be restructuring the roster a little abit around their new star Rick Nash.

The Yankees come in 3rd in my opinion. While last regular season went fantastic, they play offs were rough, and this season is an absolute nightmare. Big money signings are not paying off right now, (Sabtahia, A-Rod) but they have had some nice value signings (Kuroda). The Yanks have a clear goal on how they want to move forward but it remains to be seen if their goal will help them compete again next year.

The Knicks front office is a joke. They went out and traded all their depth for a star. Now that star has been totally worth the money, but the way the front office has replaced the depth has been disgusting for me to watch. Not every move they've made has been a mistake, but I don't like the direction they're heading in. The fact that they didn't make it to the ECF this past season was a failure in my eyes.

The Islanders deserve alot of credit. This team is on the upswing and is a goalie away from being able to make even more noise in the play offs. Their young and very talented, and gave the Penguins a run for their money in the first round.

Then I'd probably go Mets. And in last the Jets. No words are needed for them.