Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raptors Depth Chart (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309863)

00playboy00 08-08-2013 01:06 PM

Raptors Depth Chart

pg - Lowry / Augustin
sg - Derozan / Ross
SF - Gay / Fields
pf - Amir / Hansborough
c - Jonas / Acy

How many wins?

00playboy00 08-08-2013 01:17 PM

Re: Raptors Depth Chart

Sakkreth 08-08-2013 01:44 PM

Zan Tabak 08-08-2013 04:32 PM

Too many :facepalm

Qwyjibo 08-08-2013 05:05 PM

If that roster is there for a full year, 35 wins.

Dr.Funk 08-08-2013 06:21 PM

Read an article earlier that said Acy was moving to SF.

kmart 08-08-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk

A couple more losses for the Raps!

Legends66NBA7 08-08-2013 08:56 PM

Being optimistic, 45 wims. Top 6-8 seed. Not good, but better than last year, for sure.

However, we could very easily be a sub.500 team again.

Quote:

Makes no sense. He would be behind Gay and Fields. Maybe we can play PF-C ? We don't have a legit back up center right now (don't want to see Gray getting a lot of time), so that means a lot of minutes could be eaten by Jonas or we send Acy or Amir over to spell at the C spot.

Dr.Funk 08-08-2013 09:47 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/10...-small-forward

Legends66NBA7 08-08-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

So this officially makes the Fields signing even more unbearable. He's not even a backup SF now, but a backup SF splitting time with a PF who's trying to mold into the role.

:oldlol:

AC Earl 08-09-2013 08:25 AM

Add Novack to the mix. Assuming Richardson gets bought out or moved.

I could be wrong but isn't Acy only 6'7-6'8?

00playboy00 08-09-2013 08:50 AM

I had high hopes of Acy coming out of Baylor - possibly a poor mans Kenneth Faried - so far i am very wrong.

I was reaching at 40 wins but the team on paper isnt that bad. On the court may be a different scenario.

The raptors system has the chains/shackles on Lowry let him loose like in Villanova - Memphis - Houston. Damn raptors system caters to the european tissure type players not the hard nose type players.

They used to only go after the hard nose players but now BC ****ed us up and bounced - Jackass

Sakkreth 08-09-2013 10:46 AM

Almost all of you sound like you want as much wins as possible, and maximum is like 42, where does that get us ? First round exit at best. What do we actually need ? Tank for the last time in many upcoming seasons.

Chamberlain 08-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Almost all of you sound like you want as much wins as possible, and maximum is like 42, where does that get us ? First round exit at best. What do we actually need ? Tank for the last time in many upcoming seasons.

I think people are stating how many wins they THINK they'll have, not how many they want.

Realistically, I see this as a 35-40 win team. They will possibly win a few more games because of being in a very weak division (Celtics and Sixers are going to be comically bad, in my opinion), and may even sneak into the playoffs.

What do I want? Andrew Wiggins.

Legends66NBA7 08-09-2013 01:21 PM

This team has shown no signs of them wanting to tank.

At their very best they could possibly get a sixth seed, since Detroit and Cleveland are fairly unproven too.

I wouldn't underestimate our front court against anybody. Are wing players aren't that great, but are a solid bunch, especially if Ross can become a much more consistent player going forward. We might even be able to trade DeRozan to get some picks.