Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bob Marley Appreciation Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309900)

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 12:26 AM

Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
The only role model I ever had is Bob Marley... The only person I ever respected enough to model my life after...

Bob Marley is a champion and the definition of a free human being.. I love this dude (no homo) one love

Revolution
:bowdown:


Thought I'd make a thread for Bob ... Love respect..

JtotheIzzo 08-09-2013 12:28 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
brotha you're right you're right you're right you're right, you're soooo right.

Actually listening to Zimbabwe as I read this.

Don't sleep on Peter though, the militant man's Bob.

Styles p 08-09-2013 12:34 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
bob can always get me out of a bad mood are we listing our favorite bob songs in here? if so:
rat race
concrete jungle
easy skanking
sun is shining
three little birds(def puts me in a good mood)
in no particular order, but rat race is def my favorite "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 12:35 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
brotha you're right you're right you're right you're right, you're soooo right.

Actually listening to Zimbabwe as I read this.

Don't sleep on Peter though, the militant man's Bob.



I can always depend on Izzo to know what Im talking about :cheers:

brotha you're right you're right you're right you're right, you're soooo right.

gigantes 08-09-2013 12:41 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
just today in the square they had a free reggae performance... couple of bobís songs in there. a really welcome change from the usual dino rock they arrange.

i really miss the awesome soca/calypso/reggae/ska show from back at drexel.

to bob! :cheers:

KNOW1EDGE 08-09-2013 12:42 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
I am a Bob Marley fan. He made some amazing music.

But fill me in, other than smoking hella weed and making good music, what else did he do to make you look up to him and want to model your life after him? I genuinely don't know him as anything but a musician and a bud smoker.

The Macho Man 08-09-2013 12:45 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I am a Bob Marley fan. He made some amazing music.

But fill me in, other than smoking hella weed and making good music, what else did he do to make you look up to him and want to model your life after him? I genuinely don't know him as anything but a musician and a bud smoker.


Had a bunch of kids with a bunch of hoes. Bob a real ngga

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 12:54 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
I am a Bob Marley fan. He made some amazing music.

But fill me in, other than smoking hella weed and making good music, what else did he do to make you look up to him and want to model your life after him? I genuinely don't know him as anything but a musician and a bud smoker.



Bob wasnt just a weed smoking music maker... He was an inspiration.. he got shot trying to bring together 2 opposite parties vying for power in Jamaica.

He was really about that FREEDOM and if you listen to what he says in his songs?

you will understand the depth of the struggle that the underclass has to endure.


here is a video detailing his concert in jamaica where he risked his life of some political bullsh*t

Styles p 08-09-2013 01:00 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasheed1
Bob wasnt just a weed smoking music maker... He was an inspiration.. he got shot trying to bring together 2 opposite parties vying for power in Jamaica.

He was really about that FREEDOM and if you listen to what he says in his songs?

you will understand the depth of the struggle that the underclass has to endure.



here is a video detailing his concert in jamaica where he risked his life of some political bullsh*t

not only did he get shot he performed 2 days later when he was asked why he was still performing he responded "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"
btw sheed im sure you already know this but he lived in wilmington thats literally 5 minutes from my house. been a bob marley fan since i was a toddler my grandmother used to sing him and play it for me.

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 01:27 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Styles p
not only did he get shot he performed 2 days later when he was asked why he was still performing he responded "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren't taking a day off. How can I?"
btw sheed im sure you already know this but he lived in wilmington thats literally 5 minutes from my house. been a bob marley fan since i was a toddler my grandmother used to sing him and play it for me.



:cheers: I have heard about the connection to Delaware..He worked in a dupont plant when he lived in the states (thats what I remember).. I think there is a Bob Marley day event they hold hold every year, right?

much respect.. to him and his fam..

Bucket_Nakedz 08-09-2013 01:29 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
bob marleys music has surrounded me my whole life. i grew up on reggae, and it was mostly bob, and that kinda irked me. there is probably no artist who is more of a face of one genre then bob is to reggae.

goat of goats, but its a shame a lot of his fans don't really listen to other reggae artists. kinda like eminem fans :D

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 01:37 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
One of the issues Im truly disappointed with black folks is our failure to promote Bob Marley.. Black radio made a conscious decision to shut him out because his message and look was so "radical" :rolleyes: ... We had disco back in those days and I cant be mad at the disco talent (EW&F and others) but I blame black radio for not promoting Bob marley.. I was robbed and I am mad about that.. I go to concerts for Bob... Guys like barret (family man) and some of his former band members show up and I dont see any black folks there!! :( White people are more in tune with what Bob meant to the world than black folks.. Props to the white folks I see at the concerts :cheers: they know what time it is.. Blacks folks, we dropped the ball on a true legend :facepalm

Crisis

:bowdown:

Rasheed1 08-09-2013 01:42 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
bob marleys music has surrounded me my whole life. i grew up on reggae, and it was mostly bob, and that kinda irked me. there is probably no artist who is more of a face of one genre then bob is to reggae.

goat of goats, but its a shame a lot of his fans don't really listen to other reggae artists. kinda like eminem fans :D



Peter Tosh is my boy too. (he's like the militant alter ego of bob.. the guy who says what bob wouldnt) .. I also love alot of roots artists from burning spear to israel vibration... I like Delroy wilson and alot of other roots reggae artists...

:cheers: I agree, it dont stop wit bob, he just introduces people to the culture

Bucket_Nakedz 08-09-2013 01:45 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
oh yeah thats right. can't believe black americans didn't show love for him. i remember hearing he had to open for the commodores. now commodores are classics themselves, but bob is in a league of his own.

gigantes 08-09-2013 01:49 AM

Re: Bob Marley Appreciation Thread
 
another thing that kind of reminded me of bob... just saw it yesterday. artist is koren shadmi.





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy