Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310022)

Rameek 08-10-2013 01:14 PM

How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail)

Just based on the FO moves.

I do like the additions of Bargs and Beno and MWP.
The thing that has me breathe a sigh of relief is the team acutally added youth with Hardaway, Leslie, Tyler. To me those are significant moves that the front office actually has an eye for the future.

I would give the off season thus far about a B-. Bargs and Prigs acquisition/contract were unnecessary. Bargs annoys me the most it effects the future.

knickscity 08-10-2013 04:17 PM

Re: How do you see the offseason so far? Scale of A B C D F (A best F fail)

The only damper for me is Bargnani, otherwise I'm ok with the other moves.

The team is younger overall, which should help health-wise.

Imo, they did pretty much the best that was possible considering they had available.

I'll give them a B for that aspect.

franchize 08-12-2013 09:04 AM

I feel like a lot of things fell into our lap (MWP, Jason Kidd retiring), so we got better by default in some aspects. However, I think Grunwald was horrendous in every negotiation except for JR Smith (easy negotiation) and Beno Udrih. I think we all know how I feel about that Prigioni signing. :facepalm I think it affected everything else we were able to do going forward. The Bargnani trade would be fine IMO if we didn't give up the draft picks. I just think Grunwald proved this summer, what I've been saying for over a year. He has zero negotiating skills. Ultimately though, I do think our roster is slightly better than it was last year. The only player of any worth we lost was Copeland (:rolleyes: ) I like Cope but I don't think we needed to give him what he got from Indy. Overall, I give Scumwald a C-. The Beno acquisition brought it up form a D+. That was a decent little move (my dad hates it lol).

kNicKz 09-14-2013 12:57 PM

B+

el gringos 09-16-2013 11:41 AM

B

The Bargnani trade was an A

The beno and mwp signings were A's even if they just fell in you laps

The draft was a D. Might go up if Leslie becomes an nba player, but this should have been a draft where Knicks took a shot at a higher ceiling player than hardaway

Re signing JR is an A

Prigioni signing kept the team from signing one more above min wage salary player D

3.0 B , wait not trading chandler and not improving on Felton as starting pg= better call it a C overall. Still a good regular season team