Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   One more roster spot available for Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310094)

insidehoops 08-11-2013 01:35 PM

One more roster spot available for Knicks

And then there was one.

With the signing of Beno Udrih this week, the Knicks' roster has reached 14 players, with just one more spot to fill.

So who could that player be? While the Knicks remain interested in their summer league point guard Toure Murry -- he received a training camp invite while in Las Vegas -- they now have three point guards (and even J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert can orchestrate sets at times).

What the team needs is another rebounder and rim protector behind Tyson Chandler, who turns 31 in October.

-- ESPN NY

percelloveknicks 08-11-2013 02:59 PM

Re: One more roster spot available for Knicks

Another rebounder, how about henry simms, or lou amundson.

franchize 08-12-2013 09:06 AM

We have 4 power forwards (not including Melo) and only one of them is a willing rebounder. I think we absolutely have to get someone 6'10" or better with some heart.

Scoooter 08-13-2013 10:59 PM

I nominate myself. I can offer witty locker room banter and a handsome, strong nose.

Also I really think I can out-rebound Amar'e.

franchize 08-23-2013 08:51 AM

We'd better get a big body in here fast. Has anyone seen how muscular Roy Hibbert got this summer? :wtf:

Rameek 08-23-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
I nominate myself. I can offer witty locker room banter and a handsome, strong nose.

Also I really think I can out-rebound Amar'e.

If you're 6'10" over 250lbs I'd buy ya!:cheers: :roll: :applause: :lol :rockon:

knickscity 08-23-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
If you're 6'10" over 250lbs I'd buy ya!:cheers: :roll: :applause: :lol :rockon:

How about 6-7 without shoes?:D

But seriously, we need another big in the worst way.

The only bigs we have that even think of defense is Tyson and K-Mart, and one isnt a center.

franchize 08-26-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
How about 6-7 without shoes?:D

But seriously, we need another big in the worst way.

The only bigs we have that even think of defense is Tyson and K-Mart, and one isnt a center.

I've seen a picture of you and I'm pretty confident that you would rebound better than what we saw take place in the playoffs.

percelloveknicks 08-31-2013 07:21 AM

Fab Melo anyone? i dont know much about the guy, but im hearing he is a knucklehead and very lazy, maybe he getting cut will wake his ass up, any thoughts?

knickscity 08-31-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
Fab Melo anyone? i dont know much about the guy, but im hearing he is a knucklehead and very lazy, maybe he getting cut will wake his ass up, any thoughts?

He's getting cut because he is pretty awful.....sorry, dont want.

I'd take the rebounding god though, none other than Earl Baron.

Rameek 09-01-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
He's getting cut because he is pretty awful.....sorry, dont want.

I'd take the rebounding god though, none other than Earl Baron.

why would this guy want to come back here? This guy never sees the court. Even when this team was desperate for size he couldn't smell the court.

knickscity 09-01-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
why would this guy want to come back here? This guy never sees the court. Even when this team was desperate for size he couldn't smell the court.

I guess because no one else will sign him.:roll:

Honestly I have no clue why he hasnt gotten a deal more consistently, he seem to play well wherevers he gone to.

franchize 09-01-2013 08:00 PM

Fab Melo is trash. I told people he'd be trash coming out of Syracuse. I could see Melo calling up the newspapers and saying "don't even THINK about trying to make some witty headline putting us in the same sentence" :oldlol:

kNicKz 09-02-2013 02:36 PM

Yeah Fab Melo is a lost cause .

percelloveknicks 09-02-2013 08:55 PM

yeah didnt he get a concussion walking thru a door way?:facepalm