Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2013 College Football Discussion Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310198)

irondarts 08-12-2013 09:23 PM

2013 College Football Discussion Thread

Here's a thread to talk about all news and thoughts relating to the 2013 College Football season.

I'm so excited for College Football to start. :banana: :banana:

irondarts 08-12-2013 09:25 PM

Re: 2013 College Football Discussion Thread

Auburn Junior QB Kiehl Frazier has changed positions and will now be a Safety. He was actually the one to request the change.

I remember how hyped he was coming out of HS as a QB. Wonder how he'll do as a Safety.

-p.tiddy- 08-12-2013 09:31 PM

Blake Bell is 6'6" and 253 lbs and he can RUSH

watch out

qrich 08-13-2013 02:50 AM

Brett Hundley is going to take a shit on the Pac-12

IcanzIIravor 08-13-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Blake Bell is 6'6" and 253 lbs and he can RUSH

watch out

I hope we remember we have some talented running backs. If Blake throws anywhere near the number of times Landry did I will have a coronary.

-p.tiddy- 08-13-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I hope we remember we have some talented running backs. If Blake throws anywhere near the number of times Landry did I will have a coronary.

Yeah our running game is where it should be at but our WR core is also very strong this year.

I think we will have a very balanced offense.

Wally450 08-14-2013 05:12 PM

Can't wait til opening weekend! :rockon:

Balla_Status 08-14-2013 07:47 PM

This johnny football mess needs to calm down. NCAA needs to calm their tits...freaking witch hunt by BSPN and the Texas/Bama/USC stronghold. Johnny didn't do it and if he did...I really don't care as long as they have proof. Just win baby.

And lol @ talking about amateur conferences such as the Pac-12, Big 10 and Big 12. REAL CONFERENCES ONLY AKA SEC

If it ends up another all SEC national championship, nobody has a right to complain after last years ass whooping of Notre Dame.

As long as Johnny Manziel is eligible and stays injury free, A&M will win the national championship and possibly another heisman. Book it.

Balla_Status 08-14-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Yeah our running game is where it should be at but our WR core is also very strong this year.

I think we will have a very balanced offense.

Hopefully you guys are done recovering from the cotton bowl.

Real Men Wear Green 08-14-2013 08:26 PM

The NCAA rules are stupid. Manziel and others should be allowed to sell as many signatures as they want. Sign for endorsements, get cars from boosters, whatever. But if they just let this slide then I have to agree with the point Dez Bryant has been making. He lost a season for lying over a lunch with Deion Sanders that was actually legal. So if Maziel goes unpunished how is that fair?

Balla_Status 08-14-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The NCAA rules are stupid. Manziel and others should be allowed to sell as many signatures as they want. Sign for endorsements, get cars from boosters, whatever. But if they just let this slide then I have to agree with the point Dez Bryant has been making. He lost a season for lying over a lunch with Deion Sanders that was actually legal. So if Maziel goes unpunished how is that fair?

No proof?

Real Men Wear Green 08-14-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
No proof?

There is almost definitely proof.
Quote:

ESPN saw the broker’s footage of the Texas A&M now sophomore quarterback signing helmets, and while no money is exchanged on camera, Manziel, who seems unaware that he is being filmed, uses incriminating language.

“You never did a signing with me,” Manziel says. If the broker were to tell anyone about the signings, Manziel would not deal with him again, according to ESPN.

At another point, the broker asks Maniel if he would accept additional money to sign with special inscriptions, which he declined, as he indicated that he had done so before and it led to questions.
It's just that they won't talk to the NCAA. In fact there are supposedly six brokers claiming to have dealt with him. 4400 autographs with brokers claiming they paid him $7,500 per session. If they don't have the smoking gun yet don't be surprised if the NCAA has it soon. And it's pretty hard to believe he's going to do all this signing for nothing.

You ask me it's a bunch of bs rules that deserve to be broken and frequently are. But that doesn't change the fact that if they come down on athletes as hard as they did Bryant just for lying to an investigator and not actually breaking the rule then letting Manziel play is hypocrisy.

Balla_Status 08-14-2013 09:18 PM

So in other words...there is no proof of him being paid to sign an autograph. What you just posted is not proof but speculation. If there was actual proof, he'd be ineligible right now.

irondarts 08-14-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
There is almost definitely proof. It's just that they won't talk to the NCAA. In fact there are supposedly six brokers claiming to have dealt with him. 4400 autographs with brokers claiming they paid him $7,500 per session. If they don't have the smoking gun yet don't be surprised if the NCAA has it soon. And it's pretty hard to believe he's going to do all this signing for nothing.

You ask me it's a bunch of bs rules that deserve to be broken and frequently are. But that doesn't change the fact that if they come down on athletes as hard as they did Bryant just for lying to an investigator and not actually breaking the rule then letting Manziel play is hypocrisy.

I think it's pretty disgusting that these brokers secretly filmed Maziel during these sessions, likely to use it against him and sell it to ESPN. People who are out to ruin college athletes for stupid shit are pathetic.

Real Men Wear Green 08-14-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
So in other words...there is no proof of him being paid to sign an autograph. What you just posted is not proof.

?

The broker has him on film. If these brokers were willing to talk to the NCAA this would be over. As it stands we don't know what exact proof the NCAA has or what they ate considering doing. Manuel and A&M wouldn't be layering up if they weren't in danger.