Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   I want to learn how to play DOTA 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310237)

CarlosBoozer 08-13-2013 11:10 AM

I want to learn how to play DOTA 2

Yes, I know it's incredibly popular and I am a total loser for not ever playing any DOTA game in my entire life and even crazier that I am currently situated in the Philippines.. which is the home of DOTA fans and players :facepalm

But I want to get into this game and it looks crazy fun and competitive and I am a very very very competitive gamer, I love making people cry and showing off my own gaming prowess!

So teach me my ISH brothers, please :(

jaydacris 08-13-2013 05:06 PM

Re: I want to learn how to play DOTA 2

you look like Pudge, so use him ;)

Jameerthefear 08-13-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

I want to learn how to play DOTA 2
trust me, you don't

ballup 08-13-2013 07:34 PM

Here are some pointers on how to play MOBAs:
1. Nothing is ever your fault. It's always a teammate's fault
2. Never recognize that the other team is outplayed yours
3. Challenge people to 1v1s if they try to blame the loss on you

CarlosBoozer 08-13-2013 10:50 PM

I love you guys so much! :facepalm

I laughed at your list ballup :lol

absalom 08-22-2013 06:48 AM

Why don't you just play the original DOTA in Warcraft? There are numerous guides written on how to play the heroes in DOTA.

jamal99 09-12-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballup
Here are some pointers on how to play MOBAs:
1. Nothing is ever your fault. It's always a teammate's fault

Of course, teammates russian noobs.
Quote:

2. Never recognize that the other team is outplayed yours

They cheat, use hacks and shit. Blame them for either that or "tryharding"
Quote:

3. Challenge people to 1v1s if they try to blame the loss on you

1v1 always solves the problem.

On a more serious note, look up some videos on youtube, there's a bunc of tutorials. Game itself has a tutorial for new players, just finish it and you'll be ready to play some games with real people.

$LakerGold 09-12-2013 09:21 PM

lmao. I started playing this game like 7 months ago just cuz someone inspired me to play it & she has no clue that i'm somewhat good at it now... she's popular in the DOTA/gaming community . Ima surprise her when I go to the Philippines for vaca. I know i'm gonna get my ass-whooped, but oh well.

Anyway, learn the basics first. Observe your teammates -- observe how they play solo mid or top. Learn how to Last-hit creeps, in-fact master that $hit. Avoid deaths by basically just reading the field, be aware of your surroundings. & never respond if they start talking shit about you ... cuz in the end, no one wins that argument.

You're lucky you live in the Philippines, you got people to tutor you in person -- to tell you what your mistakes are, like -- you should have done this move when that person did that move. None of my friends here plays this game, so it's kinda hard to improve when you got no one to correct you.

I prefer playing DOTA 1 first though, I don't know why -- but I think it's easier/faster to learn there.

@jayda FOUNTAIN HOOK FTW.

jamal99 09-17-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I prefer playing DOTA 1 first though, I don't know why -- but I think it's easier/faster to learn there.

I preferred DotA 1 too, because I spent so much time playing it, but I disagree with it being easier to learn. Now you have so much easy accessible tutorials, guides, etc...

You can even watch pro tournaments easily and learn bunch of stuff. Level of play is much higher nowadays because of it. No more total noobs like in Dota 1 which I dominated easily, it's more team oriented because everyone knows the basics.