Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Did ESPN genetically engineer the existence of LeBron James (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3107)

billie the tree 06-28-2006 01:14 PM

Did ESPN genetically engineer the existence of LeBron James

That the reason ESPN constantly pushes Lebron James as far as marketing goes is because they genetically engineered him at birth to be the ultimate high light reel player?

That's the only reason I can think of to have every person in that company be in love with Lebron James.

JohnnySic 06-28-2006 01:15 PM

I guess it is possible.

geeWiz15 06-28-2006 01:17 PM

No, because he isn't the ultimate highlight reel player.

They just made him into the ultimate highlight reel player by giving him highlights that he doesn't deserve. Truthfully Bron ain't flashy one bit. He uses strength and a feel for the game to do what he does, if you notice he really doesn't do anything ultra-creative. Even his "fantastic dunks" are always on the fastbreak and always the same dunk.

bagelred 06-28-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billie the tree
That the reason ESPN constantly pushes Lebron James as far as marketing goes is because they genetically engineered him at birth to be the ultimate high light reel player?

That's the only reason I can think of to have every person in that company be in love with Lebron James.

Or maybe because he's the closest thing to MJ since MJ retired. Either one....

theinfamousmobb 06-28-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15

They just made him into the ultimate highlight reel player by giving him highlights that he doesn't deserve. Truthfully Bron ain't flashy one bit. He uses strength and a feel for the game to do what he does, if you notice he really doesn't do anything ultra-creative. Even his "fantastic dunks" are always on the fastbreak and always the same dunk.

I concur, Wade, Vince, etc are better to watch than Bron

JohnnySic 06-28-2006 01:19 PM

ESPN always "sells" the player(s) that appeals to the casual sports fan populace. Before LeBron it was Kobe, and before Kobe it was (briefly) Vince. And, of course, before that it was MJ. Watch, now Wade is gonna put a little dent in LeBron's ESPN exposure.

305Baller 06-28-2006 01:20 PM

Genetically engineered, half robot half man. Has an espn camera in his unmentionables.

billie the tree 06-28-2006 01:22 PM

In all honesty, I'm tired of the MJ comparisons. Lebron plays nothing like MJ. If anything he is closer to Magic.

B-Low 06-28-2006 01:24 PM

I've always said that i think this is all a long term plan by Disney to make their own version of Space Jam starring LeBron and Mickey Mouse, so they have to hype him up PAST jordan status to out-gross what WB did.

305Baller 06-28-2006 01:24 PM

"f anything he is closer to Magic."

Kinda true, but Magic (from what i saw) had more of flashy game than lebrons (i will run your ass over)power game

GOBB 06-28-2006 01:27 PM

Lebron lives up to the hype. What hasnt he done besides win a ring and mvp which will come sooner then people think? :confusedshrug:

Statistically he has improved so much the threat of him avg a triple double isnt out of the question. He had a rookie season where he avg atleast 20/5/5 and only Big O and MJ can stake claim to such a feat. He dominates the game.

He also generates great highlights but alot of times some of the highlights praised arent worthy. But you cant tell me the series where Clevland nearly upsetted the Detroit Pistons he didnt have any highlights worth :applause: over. He can be a highlight reel regardless who are better guys to capture a highlight ala Wade/Vince.

Sure the Bron thing is being forced but that is what generally happens when the league wants a face for the NBA to market thier product. A model player that represents what thier league is about. If you cant see that then remove your head from your ass.

Thorpesaurous 06-28-2006 01:28 PM

Yeah, Bron's finishing, and his penetration skills are based more on brute force and an explosive first step and get off the ground ability, more than any real deception. But he does have highlight type vision. He sees open teammates more than most players.

det2orl 06-28-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15

Are you crazy! The dunk he got on Damon Jones the yr before last was sick.

He gets higher than anyone with the possible exception of VC.

I agree that Wade, KB8 and VC get about the same amount of highlitght quality dunks. But to say that he dunks aren't flashy or highlight worthy is just not right.

GOBB 06-28-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billie the tree
In all honesty, I'm tired of the MJ comparisons. Lebron plays nothing like MJ. If anything he is closer to Magic.

Try Big O. Magic cant score with Bron in his best years

billie the tree 06-28-2006 01:31 PM

Big O is in a league all by himself to me.