Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Team looks pretty deep (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310990)

Sarcastic 08-22-2013 04:29 PM

Team looks pretty deep

el gringos 08-22-2013 10:09 PM

Re: Team looks pretty deep

You aren't really thinking Kmart over Bargnani are you? Kmart is a terrible choice to put between Carmelo and chandler.

Terrible starting lineup as far as building around Carmelo. Unless you want him playing from the perimeter.

franchize 08-23-2013 08:44 AM

It looks like a police lineup lol I see some defensive improvements but I'm still wondering where the scoring will come from. :confusedshrug: Are we going to rely on Melo and JR for all of our points again and then cry about them shooting too much? Right now, it looks like Melo, Jr, Amare and Bargnani are the only proven scorers on the roster....and the last two can't stay healthy. Meh, I think I like the roster better than last year though.

knickscity 08-23-2013 08:12 PM

I dont know if the team is deep, but it certainly isnt old anymore.

Toss that one to the side.

My main concern about the team is the defense and the lack of natural defenders.

Artest should be adequate at this stage, but definitely not lockdown anymore, K-Mart as well although i doubt he'll last the full season.

A full season of Shumpert should help alot if he is allowed to play on the wing.

Of course Tyson is the anchor, but where is his backup?

i hope it isnt Amare of Bargnani.

The team should be able to put up points similar to last season, but playoff defenses end all that, and they will have to match the defense to be able to score on the other end....score of their defense.

Doesnt look like it will at the moment.

franchize 08-23-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
I dont know if the team is deep, but it certainly isnt old anymore.

Toss that one to the side.

My main concern about the team is the defense and the lack of natural defenders.

Artest should be adequate at this stage, but definitely not lockdown anymore, K-Mart as well although i doubt he'll last the full season.

A full season of Shumpert should help alot if he is allowed to play on the wing.

Of course Tyson is the anchor, but where is his backup?

i hope it isnt Amare of Bargnani.

The team should be able to put up points similar to last season, but playoff defenses end all that, and they will have to match the defense to be able to score on the other end....score of their defense.

Doesnt look like it will at the moment.

:cry:
Say it ain't so shoeless joe

knickscity 08-24-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
:cry:
Say it ain't so shoeless joe

That should be an indicator on the value of the rest of the team, imo.

franchize 08-26-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
That should be an indicator on the value of the rest of the team, imo.

And an indicator that we should sell while he still has value lol