Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   The Wii U games are finally coming (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311424)

Rose 08-28-2013 11:57 AM

The Wii U games are finally coming

link

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - September 20 (Digital)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - October 4 (Physical)
Wii Party U - October 25 (with Wii Remote Plus for $49.99)
Super Mario 3D World - November 22 ($59.99)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - December 6 ($49.99)
Wii Fit U - Holiday 2013
Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games - Holiday 2013

I'm torn on getting Wind Waker. But Tropical Freeze, and 3D World are definite purchases.

Spring has Smash Bros. and Mario Kart as well just no concrete dates.

Scholar 08-28-2013 02:16 PM

Re: The Wii U games are finally coming

No offense, man, but I don't think most grown gamers actually care about the Wii U.

I have a Wii and I haven't touched it since the end of 2011. I don't find Mario games all that entertaining anymore.

I used to just buy all the Mario games because I grew up on them, but as I've gotten older, all I have realized is that the Nintendo market is over saturated with his games. Nintendo just releases any Mario game they make just for profit.

:confusedshrug: I'd rather own an XBox than a Wii U. Yeah, I said, "XBox." Not the 360 or the One. Just the plain, old first-gen XBox.

Heavincent 08-28-2013 03:06 PM

Does anyone else think its time for Nintendo to stop milking the same old franchises and actually make a new IP?

Doesn't matter to me anyway. I've just never been a Nintendo guy.

niko 08-28-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholar
No offense, man, but I don't think most grown gamers actually care about the Wii U.

I have a Wii and I haven't touched it since the end of 2011. I don't find Mario games all that entertaining anymore.

I used to just buy all the Mario games because I grew up on them, but as I've gotten older, all I have realized is that the Nintendo market is over saturated with his games. Nintendo just releases any Mario game they make just for profit.

:confusedshrug: I'd rather own an XBox than a Wii U. Yeah, I said, "XBox." Not the 360 or the One. Just the plain, old first-gen XBox.

There's no such thing as grown mature games. It's video games. You play what you like. Look at Vita vs. 3DS, Nintendo smokes Sony so bad it's not funny. With "kiddy games" apparently.

WiiU doesn't have the main franchises, but it's not because they are kiddy unless somehow pretending to shoot aliens is a grown up thing to do.

TheReal Kendall 08-28-2013 05:50 PM

I don't know anybody that has a Wii U.

Nintendo need to get creative and make some new freaking games

Rose 08-28-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

There's a few people in the VGF with a wii u.

The bolded is what I hate when gamers complain about Nintendo. Generally speaking the first Mario/Zelda/Metroid whatever franchise game of a console is actually completely new (since 3D gaming started)

n64-the first Mario with a thumbstick which was a huge part of the game play.

Gamecube-The new triggers/ x and y button (I think it was x and y point is there was more buttons to push) used FLUDD extensively because of that controller. (Super Mario Sunshine)

Wii-SMG not only one of the best video games of the last generation but probably a top 20-30 game all time because of how you used the motion controls.

There's a VERY VERY good reason why other console makers copy Nintendo. What Nintendo does: works.

This is the Mario game that I'm definitely the most skeptical about, because 3D land wasn't a great game on 3DS. Sure it was fun, but a console version?

Don't get me wrong I understand that most hardcore gamers don't want/don't have any interest in Nintendo. But saying it's the same Mario game every generation just isn't true at all. It's the same character yes. And generally even the same or nearly the same plot, but not the same game.

Jameerthefear 08-28-2013 07:44 PM

Don't have a Wii-U and don't play on getting one (that line-up is kind of "meh"). I love Nintendo, but I just don't find it worth it to spend anymore money on them.
Oh Nintendo just announced a new console, the 2DS
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...-announces-2ds

niko 08-28-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Don't have a Wii-U and don't play on getting one (that line-up is kind of "meh"). I love Nintendo, but I just don't find it worth it to spend anymore money on them.
Oh Nintendo just announced a new console, the 2DS
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...-announces-2ds

it's not a new console, it's a neutered down 3DS for cheap parents who want to buy one for their kids. There's nothing interesting about it unless for some reason you look at your 3DS and wish it couldn't close for some bizarre reason.

clipse026 08-28-2013 11:25 PM

I've actually never played a Zelda game in my life and am considering Wind Waker but I don't want to pay $60 for it. Any idea if it's going to be cheaper? And that new DK looks pretty fun. Haven't played one of those since SNES.

IGOTGAME 08-29-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Then whn you get even older you realize that most of the games you use to enjoy take up too much time or involve to much investment. Then, you remember the glory of Mario and Zelda and switch back to Nintendo lol...but this is my thought process. I don't have the patience to sit through most games because they are too intricate and time intensive. Just give me good ole Mario.

Btw... Will be buying the Wii U on September 20!!! Might buy another console for Fifa though.

Clipse...Wii U just dropped its price by 50 bucks and will now include Wind Waker HD with the purchase.

Rose 08-29-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clipse026
I've actually never played a Zelda game in my life and am considering Wind Waker but I don't want to pay $60 for it. Any idea if it's going to be cheaper? And that new DK looks pretty fun. Haven't played one of those since SNES.

I think the digital download is gonna be 40, and the disk based is 50, unless you get the collector's edition at 60. I'm planning on getting it on a black friday sale if it's more than 40. I'm not comfortable paying more than 40 for a remake.

DK should be great. Retro studios knows what they're doing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
it's not a new console, it's a neutered down 3DS for cheap parents who want to buy one for their kids. There's nothing interesting about it unless for some reason you look at your 3DS and wish it couldn't close for some bizarre reason.

I actually think it's smart-ish. I think they would have been better off going clam shell, but I can see why they make it for those parents who worry about their kids using the 3D effect when they're not around. Plus,...the novelty kind of wore off it. I usually test games in 3D for awhile, then go back to 2D.

clipse026 08-29-2013 12:36 AM

I already have the Wii U. Just not the Zelda.

Scholar 08-29-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
Don't get me wrong I understand that most hardcore gamers don't want/don't have any interest in Nintendo. But saying it's the same Mario game every generation just isn't true at all. It's the same character yes. And generally even the same or nearly the same plot, but not the same game.

Dude... I don't even know.. What you're... talking about...
I'm not saying the Mario games are the same. Read my post again and you'll notice I made no mention of the games being recycled.
I simply stated that are too many Mario games. Nintendo will release ANYTHING with Mario in it. Mario tennis, Mario racing, Mario Olympics, Mario this, Mario that. There's variety, sure, but all Nintendo does is milk Mario every year like a cow and then cash in on hardcore fans of Mario supporting anything and everything with the dude on the cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
There's no such thing as grown mature games. It's video games. You play what you like. Look at Vita vs. 3DS, Nintendo smokes Sony so bad it's not funny. With "kiddy games" apparently.

WiiU doesn't have the main franchises, but it's not because they are kiddy unless somehow pretending to shoot aliens is a grown up thing to do.

You, too, misunderstood my point. I made no assertions that there are mature games. I was referring to "mature gamers." By that I mean adults. I'd rather play Grand Theft Auto IV over and over again than another Super Mario game. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are plenty of adults who prefer Mario over something like The Last of Us, which I would say is a "mature" game, but I don't know any personally.

IGOTGAME 08-29-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying the Mario games are the same. Read my post again and you'll notice I made no mention of the games being recycled.
I simply stated that are too many Mario games. Nintendo will release ANYTHING with Mario in it. Mario tennis, Mario racing, Mario Olympics, Mario this, Mario that. There's variety, sure, but all Nintendo does is milk Mario every year like a cow and then cash in on hardcore fans of Mario supporting anything and everything with the dude on the cover.

You, too, misunderstood my point. I made no assertions that there are mature games. I was referring to "mature gamers." By that I mean adults. I'd rather play Grand Theft Auto IV over and over again than another Super Mario game. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there are plenty of adults who prefer Mario over something like The Last of Us, which I would say is a "mature" game, but I don't know any personally.

I'd rather play Mario over Last of Us....don't want to play serious games as an adult. Just too intricate.

Rose 08-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Ah communication error.:cheers:

I thought you meant by putting mario on everything you meant they'll just release a mario game every generation, and that they should give the fat guy a break. Now that I see what you meant...I agree. I buy Mario Kart because it kind of sort of almost gets a face lift every generation. Okay really it doesn't, but I ****ing love that shit.:lol As far as Mario Tennis, Golf, Olympics, all that shit completely agreed. But it's kind of what 2k, and EA do. I mean Madden is only changed a lot every how often? 3 years? 4? 2k at best makes huge changes on odd year editions.