Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   4 blacks guys in a convenience store... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311480)

rezznor 08-29-2013 09:35 AM

4 blacks guys in a convenience store...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/0...etail=facebook

fiddy 08-29-2013 09:46 AM

Re: 4 blacks guys in a convenience store...

meh big deal

IamRAMBO24 08-29-2013 10:48 AM

The underlying meaning of the video: we actually have black men who could get away with stealing but chose not to.

What a dumb and racist video.

gigantes 08-29-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rezznor

i just saw the yahoo / CBS feed on that... loved it.

those guys are my heroes. not so much for their conformity, but for using common sense... something that seems to be lacking a bit these days.

Deleterious 08-29-2013 11:51 AM

What the hell is this? someone walked in to a store and payed and they got aired on national TV? Why is this a big deal.

And I am all against saying someone is a criminal because X is black but when black people stand for 28,4% arrests in US then I can understand peoples suspicion.

*Arrests

38% of violent crimes. (manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault)

30% of property crimes. (burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.)

34% of the car thefts.
33% of forcible rapes.
56% of robberies
50% of murders.

13% of america is black.

East_Stone_Ya 08-29-2013 12:27 PM

omg they didn't steal? How can it be? :banghead:

ace23 08-29-2013 12:34 PM

The video does not play.

Oh, it's not a video. Link to vid?

BrooklynZoo 08-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
The underlying meaning of the video: we actually have black men who could get away with stealing but chose not to.

What a dumb and racist video.

Word it is a good gesture by those kids as a lot of people might have done differently but the reaction is like omg can't believe those guys didnt steal. But how can anyone know if they paid for everything they took anyway?

Interesting story regardless

fiddy 08-29-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deleterious
What the hell is this? someone walked in to a store and payed and they got aired on national TV? Why is this a big deal.

And I am all against saying someone is a criminal because X is black but when black people stand for 28,4% arrests in US then I can understand peoples suspicion.

*Arrests

38% of violent crimes. (manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault)

30% of property crimes. (burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.)

34% of the car thefts.
33% of forcible rapes.
56% of robberies
50% of murders.

13% of america is black.

:biggums:

gigantes 08-29-2013 01:30 PM

why is anyone even bringing up race?

it was a group of mixed races. what they had completely in common is being young guys from the nearby uni's football team.

why is anyone bringing up race?

TheMarkMadsen 08-29-2013 01:36 PM

I saw this earlier an i have no idea how this is news?

So they were in a situation where it would have been really easy to break the law but decided not to break the law? What's news worthy there? Is that not expected out of people anymore?

And besides its a convince store and every half wit knows those places are loaded with cameras.

I've done this before myself. Been in a rush and just left the money + a little extra just to make sure it was enough. I diddnt think what I did was a big deal

kNicKz 08-29-2013 04:35 PM

inb4 they're incarcerated for trespassing

ballup 08-29-2013 05:56 PM

So if the store was supposed to be closed, why the hell was the door left propped open?

Edit: nvm, just saw the evidence that it just wasn't locked.

ace23 08-29-2013 06:01 PM

Anyone have the vid?

ballup 08-29-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace23
Anyone have the vid?

It's at the end of the article.