Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Winthrop Eagles (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31178)

qrich 02-22-2007 02:07 PM

Winthrop Eagles
 
Are the best small conference team and will provide some upsets in the NC2A tournament should they continue to go unnoticed. Currently have the 69th ranked RPI and have some impressive wins such as Missouri State and have lost 4 games, all of to which are ranked power conference schools. Lost by 7 at North Carolina, by 11 at Maryland, 3 at Wisconsin[got blown out by 20 at the Aggies]. 9 of their 15 non-conference games were on the road, in which they went 5-4 and 6-0 at home. During the conference play, they have yet to lose[13-0] and have been winning by an average of 16.15 points per. Led by Junior Guard Michael Jenkins who's getting 16/4/3.

Bobcat4Ever 02-24-2007 12:33 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
My hometown team!!! GO EAGLES!!!!!!

Timmeh 02-24-2007 12:59 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Depends on how you classify "small conference"....if you yolk in the mid-majors then Southern Illinois is the best.

qrich 02-24-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmeh
Depends on how you classify "small conference"....if you yolk in the mid-majors then Southern Illinois is the best.


Mid-Majors are Mid-majors while Small is Small, it's pretty easy to classify it.

qrich 02-26-2007 12:21 AM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Eagles have a game this Tuesday hosting the Buccaneers of Charleton Southern[2-12, 8-21]. It will be their last game of the regular season before the Big South tournament and if they are able to sweep it up, they should get about the 8th seed in my opinion and if they are to lose in the Big South tournament, they still deserve at least a 10/11 seed.

Bobcat4Ever 02-26-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Eagles have a game this Tuesday hosting the Buccaneers of Charleton Southern[2-12, 8-21]. It will be their last game of the regular season before the Big South tournament and if they are able to sweep it up, they should get about the 8th seed in my opinion and if they are to lose in the Big South tournament, they still deserve at least a 10/11 seed.


Actually Winthrop finished up their regular season with a win over Coastal Carolina on Saturday. Their game with Charleston Southern on Tuesday is the Eagles first round matchup in the Big South tourney.

ThaKing 02-26-2007 05:48 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
I'm sure everyone is puttin that one down in their calenders

Bobcat4Ever 02-26-2007 05:50 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaKing
I'm sure everyone is puttin that one down in their calenders


h a t e r:D

qrich 02-26-2007 07:28 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Actually Winthrop finished up their regular season with a win over Coastal Carolina on Saturday. Their game with Charleston Southern on Tuesday is the Eagles first round matchup in the Big South tourney.


Oh my bad :D, Not my fault the Big South gets no exposure, even though the Eagles really deserve it this year, as well as they did last year. Go Buccs! Heh, whenever I play college legacy modes, I usually get stuck starting with Charleston Southern or Navy, so yeah :D.

Bobcat4Ever 02-27-2007 04:18 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Oh my bad :D, Not my fault the Big South gets no exposure, even though the Eagles really deserve it this year, as well as they did last year. Go Buccs! Heh, whenever I play college legacy modes, I usually get stuck starting with Charleston Southern or Navy, so yeah :D.


Yeh the Big South does suck and it's unfortunate that the Eagles have to play in it.

qrich 02-28-2007 03:18 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=270582737

Winthrop wins 72-42 over the Buccaneers of Charleton Southern in the first round of the Big South tournament. Eagles were lead by Craig Bradshaw's 20 points on 8-12 shooting. Eagles play the UNC Asheville Bulldogs March First in the second round.

Bobcat4Ever 02-28-2007 03:56 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
How bout them Eagles :D

qrich 03-01-2007 02:20 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
How bout them Eagles :D



Eagles hosting the UNC-A Bulldogs today, think they'll beat them by 30 like they did with the Buccs? Eagles have beaten the UNCA Bulldogs by 19 during both meetings this year, let's see how it is in the Big South Tournament Semi-Finals[if I'm not mistaken]

Bobcat4Ever 03-01-2007 06:16 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Eagles hosting the UNC-A Bulldogs today, think they'll beat them by 30 like they did with the Buccs? Eagles have beaten the UNCA Bulldogs by 19 during both meetings this year, let's see how it is in the Big South Tournament Semi-Finals[if I'm not mistaken]


Yep Eagles will roll in this one. I'm going to this game :D

Bobcat4Ever 03-02-2007 05:26 PM

Re: Winthrop Eagles
 
The Eagles beat UNCA 79-60 in the Semifinals of the Big South Tournament. They advanced to the Big South Championship Game which will be played on Saturday at 2:00 PM EST on ESPN against VMI. I will be there!! GO EAGLES!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy