Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Weekly Gambling Spreads. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311797)

Carbine 09-03-2013 02:40 PM

Weekly Gambling Spreads.

Along with picking every game, I will also have 1000 "fake" dollars to spend on the lines throughout the year that I feel are worth while.

I will bet price and potential earnings in every pick.

Anyone else can play too, see how you would do theoretically.

Bank Account - $2363.20

Superbowl bets:

Seahawks +220 (426.45 to win 1363.20)

jazz873 09-03-2013 03:43 PM

Re: Weekly Gambling Spreads.

I like Bengals, Vikings, Packers, Texans

sunsfan1357 09-06-2013 03:12 PM

Any time there's a double digit spread I'm tempted to take the underdog. Bovada has the Pats and Colts at -10 right now.

-p.tiddy- 09-06-2013 03:25 PM

Carbine bout to find out just how difficult it is to outsmart Vegas...take into account their 5% take from the winners, the "juice", you really need to be correct on 60% of your picks to make a profit

and the way many handicappers do things, is that they will list games out as Carbine has done here, but they will have 1-3 games each week they consider "locks" where you are to put 2x or 3x the amount of money down that you would on all the other games.

Carbine 09-06-2013 03:28 PM

Pats/Bills being a division game benefits Buffalo as well, less likely to blow them out I would think.

jazz873 09-06-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

New England Patriots Buffalo Bills 10
Cincinnatti Bengals 3 Chicago Bears
Miami Dolphins 3 Cleveland Browns
Atlanta Falcons 3 New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers NY Jets 3
Tennessee Titans 7 Pittsburgh Steelers
Minnesota Vikings 7 Detroit Lions
Oakland Raiders 10 Indianapolis Colts
Seattle Seahawks Carolina Panthers 3
Kansas City Chiefs Jacksonville Jaguars 3
Arizona Cardinals 7 St. Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers 7 San Francisco 49ers
NY Giants 3 Dallas Cowboys
Mon, Sep 09 Home
Philadelphia Eagles 3 Washington Redskins
Houston Texans San Diego Chargers 3
I need to pick 5 out of these. So far i am leaning towards Texans, Vikings, and Bengals. Trying to figure out other two. Any opinions?

JimmyMcAdocious 09-06-2013 04:01 PM

NO, Seattle, and KC maybe.

-p.tiddy- 09-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz873
I need to pick 5 out of these. So far i am leaning towards Texans, Vikings, and Bengals. Trying to figure out other two. Any opinions?

I have read several places that Giants have looked like poo-poo during the preseason...

my gut is telling me that Dallas will roll them in Jerry World...they are due to end that 4 game streak anyway

that might be the homer in me though...but if I had to bet on one of these games I think I would take Dallas -3

niko 09-06-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I have read several places that Giants have looked like poo-poo during the preseason...

my gut is telling me that Dallas will roll them in Jerry World...they are due to end that 4 game streak anyway

that might be the homer in me though...but if I had to bet on one of these games I think I would take Dallas -3

I'd bet Dallas too but that's not a good game to bet. You are betting against a whole bunch of trends ending and you have injury issues. Still i'd take Dallas -3 but can't you see Dallas winning 35-18 and the Giants getting a couple of late score to bring to 35-33? Something like that?

I never bet on my team, think about last year when you told us all Dallas would roll Seattle in Seattle. 100% no doubt, Cowboys were going to have fried Seahawks for dinner. We all have those thoughts about our teams.

Jailblazers7 09-06-2013 04:12 PM

I would probably take Dallas at -3 and TB at -3 if it we my money. Actually prob sub out Dallas for Seattle.

jazz873 09-06-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I'd bet Dallas too but that's not a good game to bet. You are betting against a whole bunch of trends ending and you have injury issues. Still i'd take Dallas -3 but can't you see Dallas winning 35-18 and the Giants getting a couple of late score to bring to 35-33? Something like that?

I never bet on my team, think about last year when you told us all Dallas would roll Seattle in Seattle. 100% no doubt, Cowboys were going to have fried Seahawks for dinner. We all have those thoughts about our teams.

Yeah that is why i am staying away from that game. I think its between KC, SEA, and TB

niko 09-06-2013 04:31 PM

Oakland is awful. Picking against them might be a good idea. They are really awful.

Carbine 09-06-2013 04:31 PM

Updated with a little game added for the gambling junkie.

-p.tiddy- 09-06-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko

lol, yes I remember that

oh how quickly the NFC West has changed

TylerOO 09-06-2013 04:36 PM

Seattle is a trap.