Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311911)

CavaliersFTW 09-04-2013 04:51 PM

David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett

In their prime, who was better?

avonbarksdale 09-04-2013 04:55 PM

Re: David Robinson vs Kevin Garnett

can u maybe do a mock up of what their wing spans would look like compared to wilt?

fpliii 09-04-2013 04:57 PM

Not sure, I really like both players though. Neither guy lived in the paint enough that I'd win a championship (I think as a big, to be the first option offensively on a championship team, you have to be very willing and able in the post, unless your squad is exceptionally stacked offensively and it's more of a scorer-by-committee deal). Both are top 10 (maybe top 5?) defenders ever, and would be in my top 15-20 players in an all-time draft.

Legends66NBA7 09-04-2013 05:08 PM

Very similar players, like fpliii mentioned. You can't really go wrong with either player, but I think Robinson is better individually and better at his peak (although, that's pretty close too).

CavaliersFTW 09-04-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
can u maybe do a mock up of what their wing spans would look like compared to wilt?

no, haven't found any good pics of Robinson or Garnett with their arms spread out holding a basketball but if you'd like I could maybe do a mock up of how hurt your butt is?

jzek 09-04-2013 05:23 PM

Robinson.

Garnett has the advantage in terms of mental toughness but from a pure basketball standpoint, Robinson was better in every category.

SamuraiSWISH 09-04-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jzek
Robinson.

Garnett has the advantage in terms of mental toughness but from a pure basketball standpoint, Robinson was better in every category.

:cheers:

JimmyMcAdocious 09-04-2013 05:31 PM

If I were building a team, I would take Robinson and never look back. I don't know if that answers your question at all.

KyleKong 09-04-2013 05:42 PM

Never saw Robinson play, but seeing highlights, stats, and accomplishments I'd take Robinson by a spider's ass hair.

Pointguard 09-04-2013 05:44 PM

In certain situations KG... in others Robinson. KG, Duncan and Bowen would have been the best defensive team ever. But Duncan and Robinson overlap some where as KG could have been molded to fit in with Duncan better. KG would fit in with more team concepts and different situations where as Robinson would be a big time fit in others.

AlphaWolf24 09-04-2013 06:20 PM

- Talent and Skill....probably lean towards Robinson...he could handle the rock like a SG( KG can too I guess....but Rob was faster )http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKVqpXl3M18

but mentally KG just seemed like a more engaged player.

- I would probably take KG over DRob if I had to start a team

Bigsmoke 09-05-2013 12:57 AM

KG

Lmao at the dude who said robinson had better handles. KG played PG in some occasions. KG was a much better passer as well

rmt 09-05-2013 01:03 AM

DRob is like KG on steroids - bigger, faster, stronger. Gosh, sounds like the Six Million Dollar Man.

bizil 09-05-2013 02:32 AM

Damn this is close. KG was just as good or a rebounder as David so I will call that a draw. Scoring I will take David. Passing I will take KG. Defensively, both are among the best to do it. David can defend the paint better while KG was more versatile, even playing many minutes early in his career at SF. I think skill for skill KG is likely the top 7 footer ever to play. But David is likely the most athletic and skilled CENTER ever along with Hakeem. So it might come down to David being a dominant center while KG was a dominant 7 foot PF who was actually a swiss army knife kind of player. I think it might actually come down to what u need. They are actually two different players when u think about it anyway. David while mad versatile and loved to faceup was still dominant as hell in the paint. KG is among the top 5-6 most versatile players ever and can plug more holes than David.

BlazerRed 09-05-2013 02:42 AM

Tough call, but I'd take Garnett. Dude is just a born competitor.