Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Black QB ... ? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312081)

Hoodlum Science 09-07-2013 11:25 PM

Black QB ... ?

Just as blacks for awhile have dominated and controlled most prolific positions in the NFL and just football in general, how long before the average QB starter in the NFL is African American instead of being Caucasian? Five years? Seven years? We all knows it's coming and it's inevitable, it's just a question of how quickly. Does that bother anyone? It doesn't me on a personal level, but I will admit seems what was once the most "scared" position (QB) is now a more and mo-re commonly dominated by blacks (and please again, don't take that as a racist statement, just a simple observation). Anyone else pick up on this?

TonyMontana 09-07-2013 11:48 PM

Re: Black QB ... ?

People have said this since McNabb, Vick, Young, and Culpepper came into the league. It's not happening. Any position where a skill is the greatest factor towards success will be dominated by whites(QB, K, P). Similar to how in basketball whites are usually good shooters.

47 of the 48 superbowls have been won by a white QB. Don't expect a 360 anytime soon.

dak121 09-08-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
Just as blacks for awhile have dominated and controlled most prolific positions in the NFL and just football in general, how long before the average QB starter in the NFL is African American instead of being Caucasian? Five years? Seven years? We all knows it's coming and it's inevitable, it's just a question of how quickly. Does that bother anyone? It doesn't me on a personal level, but I will admit seems what was once the most "scared" position (QB) is now a more and mo-re commonly dominated by blacks (and please again, don't take that as a racist statement, just a simple observation). Anyone else pick up on this?

Is that another way of saying "but I have black friends!"

Just come out and say what you really want to say. Race-baiting garbage like this is why this forum is currently in the shitter.

Anti Hero 09-08-2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyMontana
People have said this since McNabb, Vick, Young, and Culpepper came into the league. It's not happening. Any position where a skill is the greatest factor towards success will be dominated by whites(QB, K, P). Similar to how in basketball whites are usually good shooters.

47 of the 48 superbowls have been won by a white QB. Don't expect a 360 anytime soon.

180?

Hoodlum Science 09-08-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

This is interesting. To my knowledge, there isn't a black QB SB winner yet, right? At some point, sooner or later, it will obviously happen, just a matter of when or how soon. IMO, if I had to guess, just off the top of my head I'd say Russell Wilson or Cam Newton being a Panthers fan by default (NC native) or even Michael Prick (just always been a fan), I see some new-school up-and-comer being the Baraka Obama of NFL champs.

... but your statement is so spot-on ... and honestly, I don't see any future trends "taking over" or dominating wherever all-a-sudden where black QBs are winning SBs every other year or so. Will they continue to surface and make their presence known at the QB position, yes, no doubt, but like you pointed out, I don't see them being SB champs, on a highly consecutive basis - and let's not kid ourselves, that's what's most important; that's what matters.

Hoodlum Science 09-08-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak121
Is that another way of saying "but I have black friends!"

Just come out and say what you really want to say. Race-baiting garbage like this is why this forum is currently in the shitter.

:facepalm

No, you're obviously reaching here. Nothing more or nothing less than just making simple interesting observations. Interesting observations doesn't equate to being racist in the slightest regard.

niko 09-08-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

This is interesting. To my knowledge, there isn't a black QB SB winner yet, right? At some point, sooner or later, it will obviously happen, just a matter of when or how soon. IMO, if I had to guess, just off the top of my head I'd say Russell Wilson or Cam Newton being a Panthers fan by default (NC native) or even Michael Prick (just always been a fan), I see some new-school up-and-comer being the Baraka Obama of NFL champs.

... but your statement is so spot-on ... and honestly, I don't see any future trends "taking over" or dominating wherever all-a-sudden where black QBs are winning SBs every other year or so. Will they continue to surface and make their presence known at the QB position, yes, no doubt, but like you pointed out, I don't see them being SB champs, on a highly consecutive basis - and let's not kid ourselves, that's what's most important; that's what matters.

There is a black QB winner but why mess up anything you say with facts.

steve 09-08-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Um...yes, Super Bowl XXII MVP even (and one of the great single game performances by QB ever, I suggest you look it up). The fact that you even bring this up and imply that there's difference between races when it comes to a single position in football is inherently racist. This is the type of BS that black players have been putting up with forever (and apparently still are) that there's something ingrained that makes not quite as good at playing quarterback as their white counterparts. The fact that you framed your argument this way and thought it was legitimate (and not disparaging a specific race) is pretty sad.

branslowski 09-08-2013 01:33 PM

Meh post by Tony, cause those white QBs wouldn't even win superbowls without their black recievers and running backs.

I mean, take away the black WR speed n skills, and these Alltime great QBs numbers go down.

Peyton manning says thanks to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne...Steve Young says thanks to Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens.

FreezingTsmoove 09-08-2013 06:27 PM

Geno looked impressive today as did T Pyror.

detroitkid816 09-14-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

black qb's are better cultivated than ever before. people don't understand, the athleticism that most blacks have at the position is the real reason why there aren't many, because before they were usually transformed into an entire new position. that fact alone can explain a lot. the majority of teams wouldn't even look at cam newton as a qb but a TE prospect

Shade8780 09-14-2013 12:43 PM

andrew luck is white and he's one of the best prospects we've ever seen.

2013 Lakers 09-14-2013 06:30 PM

Better question:

which will happen first... a black kicker (top 5), a white cornerback (top 5) or a white running back (top 5)?

2013 Lakers 09-14-2013 06:31 PM

I say a white RB. We've at least had some semi-promising ones like Danny Woodhead, Toby Gerhart, and Peyton Hillis (wtf happened to him?)

but black kickers... who do we have? Marquette King? :confusedshrug: white CBs? none since Jason Sehorn?

Rasheed1 09-14-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
Better question:

which will happen first... a black kicker (top 5), a white cornerback (top 5) or a white running back (top 5)?

Sehorn was a good corner for a minute.. dont know if was top 5, but he was good