Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Miami Heat Edition (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312148)

bagelred 09-09-2013 12:28 PM

ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Miami Heat Edition

We continue our series which is not similar to any other sports websites idea....called....... ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS.

So let's go through the league alphabetically, shall we? :applause:

Previous teams:

Atlanta Hawks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309213
Boston Celtics: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=309651
Brooklyn Nets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310158
Charlotte Bobcats: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310309
Chicago Bulls: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310413
Cleveland Cavaliers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310627
Dallas Mavericks: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310731
Denver Nuggets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=310870
Detroit Pistons: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311175
Golden State Warriors: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311293
Houston Rockets: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311431
Indiana Pacers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311554
Los Angeles Clippers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311738
Los Angeles Lakers: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=311894
Memphis Grizzlies: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312029

Today's team?

THE MIAMI HEAT

PG - Chalmers/Cole
SG - Wade/Allen
SF - James/Battier/Jones
PF - Haslem/Lewis/Varnado
C - Bosh/Andersen/Oden/Anthony

Head Coach - Erik Spoelstra
General Manager - Pat Riley

1. TRUE or FALSE: With that one shot, Ray Allen saved Lebron James' legacy.

2. The person who doesn't get enough credit for the Heat's success is:

3. Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "Oden gonna Oden", 10 being "Is that Bill Russell?"): What will Greg Oden's impact on the Heat be this season?

4. Should the Miami Heat seriously consider trading Chris Bosh?

5. Besides injuries, the one thing that can stop a Miami Three-PeatŪ is:

(Three-peatŪ is a registered trademark of Pat Riley's and is being used without his permission putting Jeff from Insidehoops in deep shit so he better get some advice from his lawyers pronto ha ha sucks to be Jeff)

BONUS CHARITY WORK

Don't be selfish! Only YOU can help the Miami Heat fans become REAL basketball fans!

BONUS: Give your own suggestion. Fill In The Blank. "Fan Up Means ______ "

You can elaborate on your answers. :D

Next up: Milwaukee Bucks. Have a Five Question suggestion for the Bucks? Send me a PM with ideas.

:banana:

Trollsmasher 09-09-2013 12:31 PM

Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Miami Heat Edition

Bullshit

LeBron

3. Scale of 1 to 10 (1 being "Oden gonna Oden", 10 being "Is that Bill Russell?"): What will Greg Oden's impact on the Heat be this season?

Hopefully at least 4

No

(Three-peatŪ is a registered trademark of Pat Riley's and is being used without his permission putting Jeff from Insidehoops in deep shit so he better get some advice from his lawyers pronto ha ha sucks to be Jeff)

Nothing

ripthekik 09-09-2013 12:42 PM

Goddamn TRUE, he's the reason Lebron is hiding in shame and a joke on ISH and around the world right now.

Ray Allen in Finals, Wade in Regular Season

No, he saved their ass plenty of times

If nobody saves Lebron this time from his signature choking in the playoffs.[/quote]

boozehound 09-09-2013 12:47 PM

THE MIAMI HEAT

PG - Chalmers/Cole
SG - Wade/Allen
SF - James/Battier/Jones
PF - Haslem/Lewis/Varnado
C - Bosh/Andersen/Oden/Anthony

Head Coach - Erik Spoelstra
General Manager - Pat Riley

[/color]

False. This is the type of hyperbole that modern sports media eats up, but its just not true. In 25 years, people will look back on lebron as one of the best to ever play, regardless of this individual title.

Huh, Chris Bosh? Lebron? Battier?
Definitely not wade, he gets too much credit. Pat and Eric get plenty of credit.

5. I fhe is healthy, he should be great. But I wonder if he can move enough to keep up with this team. I kinda think Anderson is the better option at this point. High flyer, athletic and mobile.

For what? Maybe. I think they should move Wade over Bosh though.

Well, they were almost stopped from a back to back by old man duncan and paul george. I dont think its close to a guarantee they win next year. Indy is better, bulls are better, brooklyn is probably better.

BONUS CHARITY WORK

Don't be selfish! Only YOU can help the Miami Heat fans become REAL basketball fans!

Not being a little bitch who abandons your team before the buzzer

kshutts1 09-09-2013 12:47 PM

A -- False. I find it quite silly when people make statements such as that. Honestly, in 10+ years, Ray Allen making that shot won't matter. MJ had big shots from Paxson, Kerr, Pippen, etc. Kobe had big shots (that will be forgotten) from Artest, Gasol..., the list goes on. They just seem more large, more meaningful, in the moment.

A -- Everyone but the Big 3. It takes a team to win, and those "other" players need to fill their roles adequately, without rocking the boat.

A -- Whatever number would correlate with a 8/6/1.5 season. 3? But that's a best case, IMO.

A -- Assuming Bosh and Wade have similar trade values, I would sooner explore trading Wade. But if "consider trading" means to look in to what the Heat can, and can not, get back for Bosh, then I believe they should not only "consider" trading Bosh, but they should "consider" trading everyone on the roster, Lebron included.

A -- Since you said "besides injuries..." we're to assume full health? Then I would say a panic trade for them or a "fleecing" for the Bulls, Pacers, or Thunder.

A -- Actually caring about, and supporting, the team and all its players. Not just LBJ or winning.

Nuff Said 09-09-2013 01:08 PM

1. When we're talking about legacy we're talking about years down the line not in the current moment. No, lebron will forever be known as a great player regardless. He already has no case for absolute goat so that wasn't going to change either way. A lot of goat players have lost multiple times in the finals.

2. Mike Miller. He's a floor spacer and has a deadly shot. He can also grab a decent amount of rebounds and average I think 20 sum points when wade was out during the rs.

3. At this point I think any positive impact at all is good. I'd take a 4-5 out of him. We've managed to win with an injured wade and a spookafied bosh so any help he can bring at all will be great.

4. As much as I dislike his game at times I think we should keep him for now and see how he does. Only fools would consider Wade instead. Wade has no doubt had way more impact than bosh does. Bosh completely disappeared in the finals uninjured, while wade managed a superb game here and there on one knee. Come on now.

5. Aside from injury, nothing.

InfiniteBaskets 09-09-2013 02:09 PM

False. It helped build it, but LeBron's loss in 2011 would have been worse than the loss that could have occurred in 2013.

Battier. Does a lot of little things that don't show up on paper, always gives 100% effort, and never loses his cool.

3. Scale of 1 to 10: What will Greg Oden's impact on the Heat be this season?
I'm guessing 3. He probably won't play until 2 months into the season. And there's a chance he never even touches the court at all this season.

No, Bosh brings an outside threat at a big man slot. This pulls away at least one of the other team's big's from the paint, which is what Wade and LeBron need. Plus, it would ruin the team's chemistry even further since the loss of Mike Miller.

The decline of Dwyane Wade's offensive ability and Miami's inability to keep up on the glass with bigger contenders.

Micky Arison is trying to further build his team's brand and potentially sell a few more hotdogs during the 1st quarter rather than just the latter 3.

DukeDelonte13 09-09-2013 02:17 PM

False. Lebron still has plenty in the tank. That one game/series wouldn't have destroyed his legacy.

Wade for his off the court recruiting heroics.

3/10.

Absolutely not. Bosh is extremely underrated and underutilized.

The Spurs were what, a shot away? The heat aren't invincible. This year will be tougher for them. Chicago, Indy, SA, OKC, and maybe even HOU all have potential at upsetting them.

JimmyMcAdocious 09-09-2013 02:22 PM

--For the time being, true. LeBron could have redeemed himself in the future by winning more championships. But you can't be playing with the expectations LeBron has been and be 1-3 in the Finals. Particularly being the favorite in 3 of those 4 Finals and playing much lower than his talent 2 of the losses. That would be a HUGE black mark on his career... Again, up to that point. People live in the moment too much.

--Chalmers, I guess? Lest we forget that he was the one keeping the Heat in the game when everyone, other than maybe Wade and Birdman, was playing like shit. He always seems to be hot when his team is cold and he always seems to come through in the clutch. He's also the perfect type of PG for that roster. Yet, he still seems to be the whipping boy. :confusedshrug: Switch Chalmers with slightly more talented player but different type of player and the Spurs win.

--5. I think Oden is going to look very good early in the season. Then he will break a hip or something mid-year. Then he comes back for the playoffs and ends up the deciding factor against Chicago or Indiana in the ECF and the Heat win the championship again. The NBA is too predictable like that. Bump when I'm right.

--No. Not unless they get equal value, which I guarantee they won't. Why mess with a good formula? So what he had one bad series. Was Miami going to trade LeBron after the Mavs Finals?

--Poor play + hot shooting from the other team. The combination that can take out every team in the history of the game.

Bigsmoke 09-09-2013 02:28 PM

To answer that last question, miamis population are mostly from the Cuba and New York. I woud switch teams right away after moving

I<3NBA 09-09-2013 02:50 PM

from what? Lebron already won a title, and also lost it horribly in 2011. idk how anyone can save or doom it. he's still writing it. even with just one title won in 2012, Lebron's already a HOFer with all the things he's done.

Spoelstra. every idiot that doesn't give him credit have never played competitive sports in their life. i've played for a coach and i know how vital a coach is to winning. even if you have the most talented cast in the world, if the coach is shit, they still wouldn't win. Spo got past Popovich. that's testament enough that he's more than good. give Mike Brown, or D'Antoni the Heat, do you think they can beat Pop? just not fkng up the Heat is already an achievement.

1 in the regular season and 10 in the playoffs.

No. If they do, they better get a really good big in return. the only trade I would even consider is Dwight Howard.

a missing Lebron.

arifgokcen 09-09-2013 02:56 PM

False.

Spo

1/10

Absolutely not.

Indy

Fresh Kid 09-09-2013 04:14 PM

[/color]

FALSE. David stern, refs, and popavich saved his legacy:facepalm

David stern, and refs:oldlol:

it dont matter. They still will find a way to cheat for dem bitch ass niguhs :coleman: next question

The miami cheat shud seriously consider handing back their undeserving unearned rings:rolleyes:

Tha chokeness ofLebron, refs that dont rigged games, and tha new york phuckin knicks!:cheers:

[center]BONUS CHARITY WORK

Don't be selfish! Only YOU can help the Miami Heat fans become REAL basketball fans![b]

Fake
ass
niguhs
united
puhcees:D :lol :oldlol: :roll:

aj1987 09-09-2013 04:30 PM

False. Lebron was still a 4x MVP, had a ring and a FMVP.

Chris Bosh. Dude played like a bitch (offensively) in the Finals, but he was pretty decent defensively and got some huge rebounds.

Hopefully? 6 or 7. Realistically, considering his past? 1

No. He helped us win 2 rings and is good friends with Lebron and Wade. Might piss off those two if he gets traded.

If the 3 isn't going in for Miami, they're going to be in trouble.

Shane Battier is 35, Ray is 37, and Haslem is 33. Health is also a major concern.

kshutts1 09-09-2013 06:48 PM

This may have been the quickiest "ISHs 5 questions" thread to be stickied. Yay for that!