Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312231)

kkinchen 09-11-2013 12:45 AM

Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
This dude has so much talent. I wonder if Kobe and Nash could be a good influence on him to focus on bball and balance his life.

DKLaker 09-11-2013 02:09 AM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
This dude has so much talent. I wonder if Kobe and Nash could be a good influence on him to focus on bball and balance his life.


No druggies......SORRY!!!!!! NO, NO, NO :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.

lakerfreak 09-11-2013 03:09 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
No druggies......SORRY!!!!!! NO, NO, NO :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.


Its funny because I noticed that he was in fact cut. The lakers deal for Nash included a clause that would forbid the lakers from pursuing beasley. They really wanted him. Now that he's a free agent, I wonder why....

Always question everything.

$LakerGold 09-11-2013 03:12 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
2-3 Marijuana's a week? I'm cool with that as long as he stays focused. I'm pretty sure he'll be straightened-out once Kobe's there to babysit him. (Okay fine, discipline him. :rolleyes: )

I believe he'll be a great starting SF, as long he has a defensive-minded backup.

Don't worry if a person is doing Marijuana, worry if a person starts doing cocaine. Then you have a problem. Hell, if Kobe's kind enough -- I hope he'll encourage Beasley to switch to Sativa.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 09-11-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
No druggies......SORRY!!!!!! NO, NO, NO :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.


for once we agree on something....

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 09-11-2013 04:46 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
& the heat signed him to a non guaranteed contract...

dd24 09-11-2013 08:00 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
I think a focused Beasley would be a good addition to any team. The problem with it is he would need the right people around him. Miami seems like a good place for him to get things straight. That team is really deep now. It looks like the best roster they've put together around Bosh, James, & Wade yet. Of course, health will be the issue with that team.

To answer the original question, adding Beasley to the Lakers would not have made them championship contenders. It would've been a nice addition to the team to have that extra scoring punch though.

DKLaker 09-12-2013 10:58 AM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
I think a focused Beasley would be a good addition to any team. The problem with it is he would need the right people around him. Miami seems like a good place for him to get things straight. That team is really deep now. It looks like the best roster they've put together around Bosh, James, & Wade yet. Of course, health will be the issue with that team.

To answer the original question, adding Beasley to the Lakers would not have made them championship contenders. It would've been a nice addition to the team to have that extra scoring punch though.


Miami for Beasley = New Orleans for an alcoholic Definitely NOT the right spot for him to get sober. He should've gone to Utah...lol.

dd24 09-12-2013 12:15 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Miami for Beasley = New Orleans for an alcoholic Definitely NOT the right spot for him to get sober. He should've gone to Utah...lol.


I don't think that at all. Beasley got busted for smoking weed a few times. I would guess there's a very large percentage of guys who smoke in the NBA. I don't condone it, but it is something that is definitely more tolerated. I don't think it affects his on the court play. It just affects how people perceive him. He can still light it up (pun kind of intended :lol). I'd be more worried about his attitude than anything. With solid vets around him I don't think that should be an issue. Miami's lineup looks very very good. It's the best lineup they've put on the court, of course Wade has to stay healthy. Even then, with guys like Oden, Allen, and Beasley on the bench that's a very deep team. They should win over 60 games and I don't see anybody in the East beating them this year. Chicago and Indiana will be fun match ups but a healthy Miami will beat them in a 7 game series.

DKLaker 09-12-2013 12:33 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
I don't think that at all. Beasley got busted for smoking weed a few times. I would guess there's a very large percentage of guys who smoke in the NBA. I don't condone it, but it is something that is definitely more tolerated. I don't think it affects his on the court play. It just affects how people perceive him. He can still light it up (pun kind of intended :lol). I'd be more worried about his attitude than anything. With solid vets around him I don't think that should be an issue. Miami's lineup looks very very good. It's the best lineup they've put on the court, of course Wade has to stay healthy. Even then, with guys like Oden, Allen, and Beasley on the bench that's a very deep team. They should win over 60 games and I don't see anybody in the East beating them this year. Chicago and Indiana will be fun match ups but a healthy Miami will beat them in a 7 game series.



Light it up...:roll: :roll: :roll: :applause: Good one!!!

I think his problem is much bigger than you are making it out to be.
Yeah, I personally know pro athletes who smoke, but not heavily.....Beasley is a "Ricky Williams" all day guy from what I have heard.

You have to fear the bad influence a guy like that can be for guys who are maybe on the fringe of going in the wrong direction but have been able to maintain. Just a few days ago I was told that a couple local athletes are now heavy drug users and how one took the other down the wrong road. I knew both of them but never coached them, one I had spoken to often in the past and was very impressed with.....he is the one who got dragged down. I wondered why they both had bad years......now I know. Both were highly recruited prior and now their lives are in serious jeopardy, and a sports future is very highly unlikely.

I'm not saying that anything bad WILL happen with Beasley, but the risk is not worth it, plus it sends the wrong message to kids for the Champs to pick him up so quickly.....just my opinion.

dd24 09-12-2013 02:58 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm not saying that anything bad WILL happen with Beasley, but the risk is not worth it, plus it sends the wrong message to kids for the Champs to pick him up so quickly.....just my opinion.


I would agree on the risk thing. I think a lot of NBA GM's do too, just based on the fact that there wasn't much interest in a guy who can score the way he can. Miami did sign him to a non-guaranteed contract, and it's basically just a training camp invite. It's pretty much the same thing the Lakers did with Xavier Henry, except Beasley is far more talented. If the guy still has mental problems I'm sure they'll cut him. I think for a team like them it's worth the gamble. The Lakers might not necessarily need the drama, but for a team trying to 3 peat it does make a bit of sense.

$LakerGold 09-12-2013 11:50 PM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Isaiah Rider.

DKLaker 09-13-2013 10:55 AM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Isaiah Rider.



There you go :applause:

mr sax 09-14-2013 12:31 AM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
No druggies......SORRY!!!!!! NO, NO, NO :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

If the millions of dollars they stand to lose isn't a deterrent then what could Kobe, Nash......hell, even Dr. Phil do?
It's not like he didn't get busted before....let the guy hang out with Lamar, far away from the Lakers.



Imagine that! Me and DK agreeing on something. This guy has thrown his talent out the window. A real shame when people take their gifts for granted.

SoCalMike 09-15-2013 01:53 AM

Re: Would a focused Beasley make us a championship team?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
This dude has so much talent. I wonder if Kobe and Nash could be a good influence on him to focus on bball and balance his life.


You are still an idiot... I guess some things dont change... lol

You are either a sock puppet or some dumbass who is not learning from your peers on this site. Either way, its lame.



:pimp:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy