Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The Pats "offensive woes" (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312351)

TonyMontana 09-13-2013 03:50 AM

The Pats "offensive woes"

You guys and the general media need to shut the **** up about the Patriots "offensive struggles". Brady was only bad in the 2nd half because it was an absolute downpour. You try throwing in that shit and then get back to me. He dominated the first half, and he even had a 40 yard touchdown pass taken away from him at the end of the half(#85 caught that shit). And this is without their two best weapons(Gronk and Amendola). The Pats will be right back where they always are. 12 or so wins and the division crown. Just stop.

Meanwhile the Jets are a team that will have some REAL offensive problems. That has to be the worst offense in the league. Geno Smith is a bum as everyone predicted, and the running backs/recievers suck too. Don't be fooled by that fluke win over TB. Their defense is pretty legit though. Solid secondary play and defensive line.

Jameerthefear 09-13-2013 04:37 AM

Re: The Pats "offensive woes"

ok

AngelEyes 09-13-2013 04:53 AM

The Jets are so screwed.

jzek 09-13-2013 11:58 AM

Hate seeing the Pats like this... still don't understand why they didn't keep Lloyd seeing as how Brady's only real targets are Gronk (injured), Welker Clone (injured), and Edelman. At least Lloyd would have been an insurance type of guy. Brady didn't throw a pass to any of his TE last night and that hasn't happened since like 2006. :(

Goodbye most explosive offense the league. :cry:

To make matters worse, Manning is about to get another MVP plus a trip to the Super Bowl. :(

Shade8780 09-13-2013 12:30 PM

We need a Randy Moss guy who is like what he was to the '07 Pats. Would Megatron want to come here? :D

zoom17 09-13-2013 03:07 PM

TonyMontana will take down the Dolphins this week watch

Godzuki 09-13-2013 04:08 PM

Jets D got saved from Pat receiver drops if not for them they'd probably have been blown out. Brady played decently and most balls were catchable, even if they were slightly off, but thats why Brady was pissed. and a lot of those drops were on big plays, where as the Jets drops seemed like average play drops that weren't going for TD's. Geno's throwing ability looks terrible tbh, even on the stuff he completed. it just made no sense why they had him throw all game in a close one where if not for the INT's, like if they had run the ball, they very easily could have won.

anyways this isn't going to be a every week occurence, just like Boldin getting like 200 yds and throwing that in the Ravens face isn't going to be a every week occurance....those rookies will catch the balls eventually, and the Pats offense will look much better. if anything now would be a good time to buy low on Brady since whoever has him in your fantasy league is probably down on him.

Lloyd doesn't want to play football. multiple teams had interest in him and he denied them.

biggest problem for the Pats tho isn't so much even the drops, its knowing that complicated Pats offense and timing with Brady which Ocho Cinco proved wasn't easy to pickup. which leaves injury prone Edelman, Gronk, and Amendola as the only horses Brady can rely on...

and yeah Jets have made so many bad moves since Ryan took over that you have to put a lot of the blame on him especially when he supported Sanchez for so long as his guy, and blew all of that money committing to him where they were cash strapped. theres just a lot of bone headed things Ryan has done since his tenure as coach, even if he's a great defensive coordinator. there are so many things i can recall with the Jets in the last few years where its been a circus there(holmes drama, Tebow and never using him, Sanchez fiasco, etc.). they really need new management, or a new owner altogether.

JMT 09-13-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki
Jets D got saved from Pat receiver drops .

Exact same could be said about the Pats D and Jets drops.

Two teams, both played like crap. NE is in big trouble against the better teams in the league. Too many holes where playmakers used to be.

Jets are a disaster.

Godzuki 09-13-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT

Two teams, both played like crap. NE is in big trouble against the better teams in the league. Too many holes where playmakers used to be.

Jets are a disaster.

lets just say if the Jets receivers caught all of their catchable balls, and the Pats receivers caught all of theirs, i think the Pats would've handily won this game.

i still don't think the Pats are in as awful shape as their 1st game with 2 rookie wideouts who played the worst they could possibly play indicates. i think they'll both have much better weeks, especially since they were open on most of those drops. against the top teams u might be right but i still think the Pats are right on that top team fringe, even without Gronk/Amendola.

TonyMontana 09-13-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoom17
TonyMontana will take down the Dolphins this week watch

We'll see. I'm a big Luck guy, but the Colts didn't look that impressive vs a bottom feeding Raiders team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki
lets just say if the Jets receivers caught all of their catchable balls, and the Pats receivers caught all of theirs, i think the Pats would've handily won this game.

i still don't think the Pats are in as awful shape as their 1st game with 2 rookie wideouts who played the worst they could possibly play indicates. i think they'll both have much better weeks, especially since they were open on most of those drops. against the top teams u might be right but i still think the Pats are right on that top team fringe, even without Gronk/Amendola.

All of the dropped passes had to do with the rain. Your supposed to run the ball when it rains, but the Pats havn't had a consistant running game since Corey Dillon. Rain definetly hurts teams like the Pats, Packers, Broncos that throw it every play.

I think Edelman will be huge for them, and Thompkins will be nice with Brady. Edelman had like 15 catches and Thompkins would have had like 80 yards and a TD if they didn't take it away from him. These guys will be able to hold down the fort until Gronkowski and Amendola return. More than capable.

Godzuki 09-14-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyMontana
We'll see. I'm a big Luck guy, but the Colts didn't look that impressive vs a bottom feeding Raiders team.

All of the dropped passes had to do with the rain. Your supposed to run the ball when it rains, but the Pats havn't had a consistant running game since Corey Dillon. Rain definetly hurts teams like the Pats, Packers, Broncos that throw it every play.

I think Edelman will be huge for them, and Thompkins will be nice with Brady. Edelman had like 15 catches and Thompkins would have had like 80 yards and a TD if they didn't take it away from him. These guys will be able to hold down the fort until Gronkowski and Amendola return. More than capable.

well i'll just say WR's who first get to the NFL by and large have way worse hands than NFL WR's with experience do. it takes a lot of them years to get hands like some vet WR's have. not to say the rare talents don't have exceptional hands(aj green) but more often than not it seems being able to catch the ball is very much a NFL experience thing. its why Edelman could catch almost every pass thrown at him while the rookie WR's couldn't not because of athletic ability, but mostly hands and timing.

i think timing(knowing the playbook and the QB) and hands are the biggest factors for most rookie WR's to overcome. athleticism to get open or dominate jumps is probably one of the more given attributes of these highly draffted prospects.]

i do agree Edelman will blow up so long as he doesn't get hurt. he's just like Wes Welker, if not a better big play threat. just real injury prone.

Electric Slide 09-14-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT

Jets are a disaster.

This.

Pats would be 0-2 against any other two teams in the NFL but luckily they play in the most pathetic division in the NFL. The winner of that division will probably be 7-9 or 8-8.

Guy Ledouche 09-15-2013 12:14 AM

Brady is a fraud who has never won anything without cheating.