Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Grunwald out Steve Mills in as new GM (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313009)

Rameek 09-26-2013 12:22 PM

Grumwald out

It really wasn't that long ago when Steve Mills returned from vacation and suddenly had the sinking feeling that his job as the president of Madison Square Garden was in jeopardy.

There were two not-so-subtle signs that Mills’ days were numbered; Hank Ratner, his immediate superior, had moved into his office at 2 Penn Plaza, and Mills’ parking spot had been taken away.

The ugly divorce, which began when the Garden was found liable in a highly publicized sexual harassment case, was near its completion. Five years later, however, Mills and the Knicks had the one of the more remarkable reconciliations in team history when the club announced Thursday that Mills would replace the highly respected Glen Grunwald as both team president and general manager, two positions Mills has never held before.

-- NY Daily News

percelloveknicks 09-26-2013 12:26 PM

Grunwald out Steve Mills in as new GM

Sorry guys im at work and sneaking, but according to bleacher report Mills is new pres and GM.

Rameek 09-26-2013 12:40 PM

Re: Grumwald out

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...th-steve-mills

Just broke on the radio about 45 minutes ago no web reports that I've seen.

percelloveknicks 09-26-2013 01:24 PM

I beat ya to it rameek by 14 minutes.

Rameek 09-26-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I beat ya to it rameek by 14 minutes.

12:22 beats 12:26:bowdown: :roll:

franchize 09-26-2013 03:57 PM

Re: Grunwald out Steve Mills in as new GM

My dad just text me. He asked the same thing I'm asking right now. "Why didn't we do this before free agency :facepalm " lol

franchize 09-26-2013 04:00 PM

Grunwald working with the Knicks "as an advisor" still apparently. Here we go again with this bullsh*t

knickscity 09-26-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Grunwald working with the Knicks "as an advisor" still apparently. Here we go again with this bullsh*t

In other words....he's fired.

The timing is ironic and the decision makes no sense at all.

Woody might be on thin ice for sure now.

Clutch 09-26-2013 04:47 PM

My reaction: :wtf:

Move itself is weird but the timing is even weirder. This makes no sense at all.
Grunwald must have pissed Dolan out somehow.

bluechox2 09-26-2013 08:40 PM

why fire him after giving him the keys to your offseason, must have been a pms reaction about sharing the allstar game

el gringos 09-26-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
In other words....he's fired.

The timing is ironic and the decision makes no sense at all.

Woody might be on thin ice for sure now.

Woodson in thin ice? Best case scenerio

Now all they need is a coach that can demand respect and doesn't build his teams around pg's running p+r. Oh yeah and can handle a cast of egos. Wait is that the description of Phil Jackson?

Rameek 09-27-2013 02:16 AM

They were mentioning on the radio Steve Mills was in line for another NBA position. I cant remember what it was president of the players union or something like that. So I dont know how true that is.

Also, they mentioned that its possible that this moves is the first to get Zeke back in, in some official capacity.

Really a strange move at this point.

kNicKz 09-27-2013 12:50 PM

I think Woodson is a pretty decent coach :confusedshrug: I don't see anyone else on the market who is better.

insidehoops 09-27-2013 01:02 PM

The stunning shakeup five days before the start of training camp leaves several questions unanswered, namely why make such a dramatic move? According to several sources, Dolan had been upset since the Knicks were eliminated in the second round by the Indiana Pacers. By the time the season ended, the four veteran players signed by Grunwald had had little to no impact in the series.

-- NY Daily News

kNicKz 09-27-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
The stunning shakeup five days before the start of training camp leaves several questions unanswered, namely why make such a dramatic move? According to several sources, Dolan had been upset since the Knicks were eliminated in the second round by the Indiana Pacers. By the time the season ended, the four veteran players signed by Grunwald had had little to no impact in the series.

-- NY Daily News

I like that Dolan isn't content with just getting out of the first round