Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What trade(s) would make us a title condender. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313140)

lilbeastnani 09-28-2013 02:35 PM

What trade(s) would make us a title condender.

Currently our depth chart is as follows.
1. Lowry/Augistin/Buycks
2. Derozan/Ross
3. Rudy Gay/Fields/Novak
4. Amir/Hansborough/
5. Val/Gray/Acy

Dr.Funk 09-28-2013 03:11 PM

Re: What trade(s) would make us a title condender.

Trading Rudy Gay, tanking, drafting Andrew Wiggins.

Zan Tabak 09-28-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Funk
Trading Rudy Gay, tanking, drafting Andrew Wiggins.

Im on the same page, you can add trading Lowry and Demar to that list.

This team will always be average/below average if they keep on this path. I'd like to see a complete overhaul, with the only two players remaining are Val and possibly Amir.

bokes15 09-28-2013 06:28 PM

A part of me wants to see how this would play out with a Val/Gay/Lowy core. Trade Amir for picks, and grab a big off the waivers if needed. Because as we all know, this is no longer a big man's league so you can survive with just one (in our case Val) as long as you are strong enough in the SG/SF positions. Having said that, trade Demar at all costs. Perhaps package him up with Amir for a legit 2 guard. With what we currently have on the roster it would take a whole hell of a lot more than a move or 2 to make us a contender, so I won't even rack my brain up by going on trade machine to try and figure it out. lol

Chamberlain 09-28-2013 07:45 PM

To make the Raptors a contender, they'd have to trade Aaron Gray for LeBron.

bokes15 09-28-2013 07:53 PM

^^ Even THAT might not be enough. Put Lebron in there and we'd probably be a 4-5 seed. And a very beatable one at that.

Chamberlain 09-28-2013 07:59 PM

Sad but true.

bluerap 09-30-2013 12:01 AM

I think we could be title contenders with Lebron. He is that good. But that is the only player in the league that could make this team a true contender.

With the current roster I would play bron at the 4.

Jballer 10-01-2013 10:50 AM

There is no 2 or 3 players currently available that would make this team a "contender" - I assume the reference is to Championship only...i.e. Miami Heat.

There are a number of players available that would make this team a "contender" in terms of 5th perhaps 4th in the east not only this year but for a number of years.

The question is would the trades ever happen with the talent in return ? Would the organization be willing to pay luxury tax ? Could the deals work out based on cap rules ? I doubt it.

Grey Dawn 10-01-2013 04:23 PM

Lebron and Drake are tight........

bokes15 10-02-2013 04:40 PM

I think that realistically we should feature Val in the paint this year and have everyone else on the trading block. We are once again (on paper) a fringe playoff team/first round elimination.

macmac 10-05-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ Even THAT might not be enough. Put Lebron in there and we'd probably be a 4-5 seed. And a very beatable one at that.

Lol that's so stupid. You're obviously an idiot. Did you not see the cavs team Lebron brought to the finals??

Nowhere near players of Gay and Lowry's stature. A great player like Lebron makes everyone around him so much better.

You're telling me a lineup of

Lowry
Derozan
Gay
Lebron
Valanciunas

with Hansborough, Novak, Amir and Ross off the bench isn't at least a top two team in the East?

I would take that team over the nets and definitely over the Heat without Lebron.

Sakkreth 10-05-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macmac
Lol that's so stupid. You're obviously an idiot. Did you not see the cavs team Lebron brought to the finals??

Nowhere near players of Gay and Lowry's stature. A great player like Lebron makes everyone around him so much better.

You're telling me a lineup of

Lowry
Derozan
Gay
Lebron
Valanciunas

with Hansborough, Novak, Amir and Ross off the bench isn't at least a top two team in the East?

I would take that team over the nets and definitely over the Heat without Lebron.

Exactly, but what we should talk about realistic trades ^^

Zan Tabak 10-05-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Exactly, but what we should talk about realistic trades ^^

Wha? so we're not getting LeBron? ...:(

Wiggins imo is our way out of this mess. We need to drop all this dead weight (that's not getting us anywhere), and rebuild around a young star like Andrew.

AND, the fact that he's from the gta and WANTS to play for the Raptors, makes it such a rare opportunity for this organization.

Jballer 10-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
"snip".....AND, the fact that he's from the gta and WANTS to play for the Raptors, makes it such a rare opportunity for this organization.

This is a really interesting question. I dont know how to answer this.
:cheers:

For 20 years it "seemed" like the Toronto Blue Jays went out of their way to avoid bringing in the "Canadian home-boi" to the team despite the constant rumours and potential wishes of the fans. Larry Walker ? nope. Shawn Hill in the early days ? nope. Erik Bedard ? Nope. Paul Quantill ? Nope.

Did it serve them well ? I dunno - mixed bag at best I guess.

The Maple Leafs have always said they "want those hoemgrown southern Ontario Superstars ala Gretzky.. but could never get the timing just right.

Would Wiggens really work here in the Toronto Market or would it be way too much pressure to be "the man" from rookie day one onwards.... ???