Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Kings@Nets game thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31357)

BradMiller52 02-23-2007 07:58 PM

Kings@Nets game thread

I don't like our roster.:banghead:

bigboi_baller 02-23-2007 10:55 PM

Re: Kings@Nets game thread

One step closer to the lottery! :banana:

Showtime 02-23-2007 11:10 PM

Kevin Martin with a bad first half. Does Muss get him more time in the second and run plays trying to get Martin hot? No, let's bench him and just watch Ron and Price play.

Targus™ 02-24-2007 12:19 AM

didnt catch the game except for the final few minutes. this team has to stop digging themselves in huge holes and then trying to come back against the time, you're not going to win that way. somebody hire a hit on musselman, please.

bigboi_baller 02-24-2007 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
didnt catch the game except for the final few minutes. this team has to stop digging themselves in huge holes and then trying to come back against the time, you're not going to win that way. somebody hire a hit on musselman, please.

I was listening to some post game radio and some callers sounded more than ready to hire a hit. They were rippin him for the kmart benching

BradMiller52 02-24-2007 02:45 AM

lol Yeah one step closer to the lottery. Muss is a freaking idiot, the players don't respect him, and they're just going through the motions. I didn't hear this first hand but apparently NJ's commentator Mark Jackson said:

"These guys, the Kings, I've watched them plenty of times...and they are just going through the motions. Brad Miller especially. It's like they don't want to be here. How easy are the Nets scoring? Ron Artest is the only guy not going through the motions. I would be embarrased to be Eric Musselman. They just want to go home. It's sad. I mean, everybody in the league knows Jason Kidd has hurt ribs. 3-4 years ago, he wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes. The Kings haven't tried to hit him once. It's sad."

That is 100% the truth. I mean Bibby and Brad and Kenny just don't care!!! And now it even looks like they're infecting KMart with their bull sh!t attitude. I mean damn if they turn Kevin into one of these lifeless players who doesn't give a damn that Bibby trade that Petrie didn't make is going to be the worst ever. It's like I don't even know if Bibby was upset after the game, from his quotes on CSN post game show(House party live) he doesn't sound that upset. It's like damn man Ronnie Price just had 3 times as many points as you. Freaking Ronnie Price!!! The undrafted 2nd year player who was stuck in Musselhead's dog house all season. Doesn't that bother Mike at all? I mean damn.

Muss is getting ripped by a lot of fans and I still think he's pretty dumb but I liked the decision to play Price and Salmons over Bibby and Martin. Price never gets a chance, that guy was out there trying to play D hard and hustling. He was setting teammates up for a few good shots(where they got fouled so he didn't get the assist). He was hustling and runnin up the court instead of this BS where they just walk it out.

Tonight, this team had 4 players who gave a damn. Price, Ron, Salmons, and Reef. The starters(besides Ron) were HORRIBLE. Muss has lost the team, it's too bad we can't lose him and a few of the players.

Targus™ 02-24-2007 04:13 PM

do you guys think that geoff petrie might be overrated? not just because of the Musselman thing, although it was terrible hiring him, but looking at how many players in the league that are starting who we've let go at one time or another. gerald wallace, hedo turkoglu, eddie house come to mind. he should have made a move before the deadline even if it didn't involve mike bibby, something about this team had to change.

bigboi_baller 02-24-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Targus™
do you guys think that geoff petrie might be overrated? not just because of the Musselman thing, although it was terrible hiring him, but looking at how many players in the league that are starting who we've let go at one time or another. gerald wallace, hedo turkoglu, eddie house come to mind. he should have made a move before the deadline even if it didn't involve mike bibby, something about this team had to change.

GWallace was let go because of the draft, they had a choice to keep the vets on the roster or keep this younger guy (those were the championship caliber years).

We got BM52, an allstar center, for Turk and Pollard, no gm would turn that down.

The eddie house thing was stupid, they signed Jason Hart for more money. :wtf:

Petrie does seem to be losing his touch. Its kinda like jerry west in memphis, no one questioned him because of his reputation and he basically built a horrible roster around pau gasol. Now West is on his way out.