Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Brandon Weeden demoted to back up (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314743)

DukeDelonte13 10-23-2013 12:03 PM

Brandon Weeden demoted to back up

The Brandon Weeden era is officially over. Jason Campbell will be the new browns starting QB.

I personally believe that Weeden was one of the worst draft picks in recent history.

A team not only takes the 4th QB out of the draft in the first round, but they take a QB that's a 28 year old ex minor leaguer that played in a spread offense against competition that was significantly younger than him. Did i mention they passed on Russell Wilson?

The icing on the cake was that he would have been there for them in the later rounds.

The guy has the awareness of a legally blind 85 year old woman. He couldn't even avoid being sacked by a giant american flag before his first start.

Worst pick ever.

Bonus: I have an inside source that not so surprisingly confirmed that Hoyer will be the team's starter in 2014.

RoundMoundOfReb 10-23-2013 12:35 PM

Re: Brandon Weeden demoted to back up

So they won't draft a QB?

DukeDelonte13 10-23-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
So they won't draft a QB?

they definitely will but they probably want to bring him around slowly. I don't think the browns have the assets to pull of a trade for an elite tier qb prospect. It's not worth it for any team to trade down from a potential franchise QB.

RoundMoundOfReb 10-23-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
they definitely will but they probably want to bring him around slowly. I don't think the browns have the assets to pull of a trade for an elite tier qb prospect. It's not worth it for any team to trade down from a potential franchise QB.

I see them taking Mettenberger. Just a hunch.

Tarik One 10-23-2013 02:20 PM

I can relate to Browns fans when it comes to putting up with crappy QBs for decades.

Carbine 10-23-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

They have a likely top 10 pick, a likely 20ish pick.....two third rounders and two fourth rounders.

And they don't have enough assets to pull off a trade?

:confusedshrug:

DukeDelonte13 10-23-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
They have a likely top 10 pick, a likely 20ish pick.....two third rounders and two fourth rounders.

And they don't have enough assets to pull off a trade?

:confusedshrug:

Probably not. Franchise QB's are too hard to come by. You have to convince a team that has a more dire of a QB situation than browns to give up a potential franchise QB.

irondarts 10-23-2013 02:55 PM

picture updated

TheSilentKiller 10-23-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One
I can relate to Browns fans when it comes to putting up with crappy QBs for decades.

Yup

RoundMoundOfReb 10-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarik One

What team do you support?

Just2McFly 10-23-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
What team do you support?

Bears obviously....:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

I remember when Kelly Holcomb was going in something serious like it was just yesterday:cry:

JimmyMcAdocious 10-23-2013 05:06 PM

Sexy Rexy wasn't considered a franchise QB?

mlh1981 10-27-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irondarts
picture updated

That's gonna end up on the floor in a few years if things continue at this pace for the Browns, in terms of QB's.

JimmyMcAdocious 10-27-2013 10:16 PM

Probably a dumbass question but that's mannequin, right?

GOBB 10-28-2013 12:12 PM

:cheers:
Quote:

Probably not. Franchise QB's are too hard to come by. You have to convince a team that has a more dire of a QB situation than browns to give up a potential franchise QB.

Agreed hard to predict season ending record but most of the struggling teams that will draft high need QBs. Atlanta is one team that if they continue to lose could swing a trade given they have Matt Ryan. Just depends who is drafting that high because Cleveland may have an outside shot at a QB.