Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   When did people start expecting rookie QB's to produce? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315079)

bdreason 10-28-2013 03:22 PM

When did people start expecting rookie QB's to produce?

Seems like sort of a new phenomenon. I always remember the idea that a rookie starting in the NFL was borderline ridiculous. Rookies were always groomed for a year or two before starting. Now it's like people are giving up on rookie QB's who are forced to start after half a season. :confusedshrug:

Bless Mathews 10-28-2013 04:47 PM

Re: When did people start expecting rookie QB's to produce?

Are you serious? ??

Uhhh since Russell Wilson rg3 luck and tannehil had all pro level years their rookie year. Smh

Carbine 10-28-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Are you serious? ??

Uhhh since Russell Wilson rg3 luck and tannehil had all pro level years their rookie year. Smh

Tannehil had an all-pro level year last year?????????

:wtf:

MavsSuperFan 10-28-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Seems like sort of a new phenomenon. I always remember the idea that a rookie starting in the NFL was borderline ridiculous. Rookies were always groomed for a year or two before starting. Now it's like people are giving up on rookie QB's who are forced to start after half a season. :confusedshrug:

started with matt ryan and joe flacco i believe

detroitkid816 10-28-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

don't forget sanchez

mlh1981 10-28-2013 05:14 PM

Carson Palmer sat out his entire first year as a Bengal. Those days are long gone lol.

ballinhun8 10-30-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Big Ben - 2004 AFC title game loss. Undefeated in the regular season
Vince Young - 2006 late game heroics and almost leads Titans to playoffs

Those two come to mind as well for post 2000.

2LeTTeRS 10-30-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Are you serious? ??

Why do people forget about Cam re-writing the rookie record book for QB's in 2011? And didn't Dalton lead the Bengals to the playoffs for the first time in years as well? I'd say that was a hell of a debut from the '11 QB class.

SixShooter 10-31-2013 05:17 PM

The league as a whole has less patience for production.

It started with head coaching and now it's going down to QBs. It doesn't help that Luck-RG3-Tannehill-Wilson-Foles was probably the best rookie QB class ever so now people think it's normal for rookie QBs to play like these guys right away.

I think Foles in Philadelphia is a tremendous prospect, but after one bad game vs Dallas that fanbase has given up on him and are now talking about a new "QB of the future". No patience.