Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315273)

niko 10-30-2013 09:46 AM

Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season?

Clearly I have one really bad prediction (cough Giants cough) but in general i was wrong on the East (i thought we'd have three decent teams and Dallas leads the division at so-so followed by less so-so, suck, suck more). The Jets surprised me (although this might be the calm before the storm) and I thought eventually the Saints would kick it into gear but not so soon.

The other thing is the Chiefs, i thought maybe they could be borderline playoffs but undefeated, no way.

-p.tiddy- 10-30-2013 10:58 AM

Re: Now that we are halfway done, how bad are your thoughts prior to season?

biggest shocker of the year IMO is the Falcons...I thought they were a LOCK for the playoffs

they suck

and they sucked WITH White and Julio healthy too...now they just "REALLY SUCK"

it's really odd...someone needs to get fired

TheSilentKiller 10-30-2013 11:03 AM

I thought the Falcons would win their division. I thought the NFC East would be a lot better, and I thought that Phillip Rivers was done.

I was right about the NFC North being strong though.

MavsSuperFan 10-30-2013 11:19 AM

Chief surprised me a lot.

They were 2-14 last year.

Andy Reid :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

RoundMoundOfReb 10-30-2013 11:48 AM

I don't know why people are surprised by the Chiefs. Their schedule has been awful. Dallas is the only average level team they've played.

mlh1981 10-30-2013 06:41 PM

I thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a little bit better than this. There is talent there, but they are so poorly coached and ran as a whole.

bsyde82 10-30-2013 06:52 PM

I thought the Rams would be better, and this is before Bradford went down.

Tavon has been an epic bust so far.

Carbine 10-30-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
I thought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a little bit better than this. There is talent there, but they are so poorly coached and ran as a whole.

They have elite talent, IMO.

Poor coaching and dreadful QB play will do that though. Look at KC last year.

JMT 10-31-2013 12:37 PM

Surprisingly, I've done fairly well as far as my preseason thoughts are concerned.

I felt certain that Philly, the team I support, was going to be an unmitigated disaster. About the only thing I missed on with them was my prediction to take the under of 3.5 games before Vick got hurt. He squeaked by on that one.

Predicted KC to win 8-10 games and for Reid to be a COY candidate.

Felt SD would be a team that nobody really wanted to play once they got rid of Norv and let Rivers run the show at the line of scrimmage.

Missed by a mile on Houston , but can't imagine I'm alone on that.

Thought Cleveland was on the cusp. Appears I was right about that, just the wrong cusp!

GOBB 10-31-2013 12:55 PM

I bashed Rivers and I dont know why. Probably FF related.

Heavincent 10-31-2013 03:21 PM

I thought the Chiefs would be a 5 or 6 win team and I picked TB to make the playoffs...

I'm an idiot.

JimmyMcAdocious 10-31-2013 04:13 PM

Thought the Giants would be a lot better. Maybe they will be as the season goes along.

I continue to underrate Russell Wilson, tho not the Seahawks.

Team wise, it looks about on par with what most people predicted (excluding the "sexy" picks like Tampa). Except probably KC still being undefeated by now and Houston and Atlanta looking like ass. Those are the only real surprises to me and people had to expect KC around/above .500 at this point. Even without hindsight of their schedule thinking NY and houston would be good.

Tarik One 10-31-2013 04:15 PM

I didn't think the Saints would turn it around this quickly.