Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315427)

knickscity 10-31-2013 05:33 PM

The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Sorry for the tardiness, dont kill me.

Without further delay, we got our first win of the season.

Wasnt pretty in the second half, but the team grinded and did it with defense.

A few things stood out to me......

1)The team came out extremely focused on defense, which absolutely bailed out the offensive woes at times....I will attribute that to 3 defensive minded players in the starting lineup, notably Shumpert Prigioni and Chandler.

2)Woody wasted no time going back to what worked last regular season...two pg's...Shumpert as the wing defender, Melo at the 4 and Tyson.

3) We need this version of Tyson Chandler every night. probably dont get it if we dont feed him the ball, thats sucks imo, but as an owner of several large dogs...you gotta feed em often if you expect them to guard the house.

4) They didnt settle for threes, they attacked and pushed the pace often...musy keep that up.

5) Melo didnt shoot too well but wound up with a double double, and I liked this mainly because he found ways to be impactful without having to drop 30+, but he definitely helped late in the fourth scoring-wise.

Small note: Kinda sad to hear the boos for Bargnani already, too soon imo.

For me, I'm focused on the next one, Chicago will be a good test to see what these guys are made of.

I do hope we get that 10 minutes from Amare tonite, Boozer cant handle him at all.

And I do hope Chandler holds his ground with Noah.

I guess the marquee matchup will be Rose vs Shumpert

Offensive engine VS The Lockdown

Chicago usually has a way of getting under the Knicks skin, if they can maintain composure, they might actually steal this one.

knickscity 10-31-2013 10:36 PM

Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Knicks got a dogfight going on in Chicago.

Melo putting in a complete game, scoring decently but making a great impact in other areas.

Tyson with 18 rebounds and 4 blocks...and counting.

Knicks defense has looked very good and has totally chopped down the turnovers.

They might pull this one off.

franchize 10-31-2013 10:57 PM

Melo played like trash on offense. Our offense has zero creativity. Tyson hustled tonight. We could have really used that FT at the end but I won't kill him over that. Shumpert reaches entirely too much. It was an ugly game. I expected us to lose. I know it's just the 2nd game but damn. This team looks exactly like last year's team. Same problems. No solutions.

Bright spot: I really like Tim Hardaway Jr so far.

Scoooter 10-31-2013 11:30 PM

Very ugly game. It feels like the Knicks don't really have a game plan.

franchize 10-31-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
Very ugly game. It feels like the Knicks don't really have a game plan.

Indeed. It's one thing to miss shots. Both teams did. It just looks like we didn't even have a training camp though. Like we were wining it and stayed in the game off of pure hustle. We did compete on defense but otherwise, we weren't in sync at all.

knickscity 11-01-2013 04:16 AM

Neither team had a good looking offemae.

Ill give both defenses credit for that,

Clutch 11-01-2013 06:21 AM

We need a better coach. You simply can't go far in the playoffs if your offense in the last 5 minutes of a close game turns into a iso-Melo on every possession.
It's not just inefficient,it's brutal to watch.

franchize 11-01-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Neither team had a good looking offemae.

Ill give both defenses credit for that,

I agree with that. Melo missed some make-able shots. Some of them were just attributed to Dieng and the Bulls tough defense. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about the fact that there is very little creativity in our offense though. That's squarely on the coaching staff.

Another thing I noticed in the first half. We run plays with back screens and back door cuts, but nobody is looking for the ball. :wtf: I know we want to pound it down low to Melo, Amare and now Chandler (I guess :rolleyes: ), but why not take advantage of easy buckets? Dudes were going through the motions on plays not even looking for the easy shot. Prigioni and Shumpert especially. I was always taught, you have at least one eye on the ball at all times. When you run a play, always look like a threat.

That's my biggest issue with our personnel on offense. You don't have to be a prolific scorer but you always need to be a threat. Make the defense at least guard you. If you don't, then it makes it harder on your teammates because your defender can help off of you. You gotta be able to make em pay.

Rameek 11-01-2013 10:59 AM

It's early and I thought both teams seems to be looking for themselves. This team will still be looking for themselves until JR comes back. I can accept that.

You are a 15 million dollar player make your FT's.

One star took a long jumper one star looked for contact near the paint.

I thought it was more bad offense than good defense.

This team can be pretty good.

knickscity 11-03-2013 09:10 AM

Not a fan of this "rotate a pf" and 10 minute nonsense.

Either you can play or you cant, K-Mart and Amare look like poop so far.

On to the next game, the Wolves are no joke.

Tyson will be tested today, definitely gonna need similar production to get this win.

I'm enjoying the "complete" Melo, but he definitely gotta hit more of those shots.

I will be watching closely to Felton and Shumpert, both need to contain Rubio, Shumpert especially gotta stop gambling, and barreling through screens.

el gringos 11-03-2013 10:00 AM

So you guys can't recognize the difference in how teams defend chandler and Bargnani? I'm not saying Bargnani is playing anywhere close as I still expect him to, but atleast watch how his man covers him as opposed to the way chandler moves around unguarded

franchize 11-03-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Not a fan of this "rotate a pf" and 10 minute nonsense.

Either you can play or you cant, K-Mart and Amare look like poop so far.

On to the next game, the Wolves are no joke.

Tyson will be tested today, definitely gonna need similar production to get this win.

I'm enjoying the "complete" Melo, but he definitely gotta hit more of those shots.

I will be watching closely to Felton and Shumpert, both need to contain Rubio, Shumpert especially gotta stop gambling, and barreling through screens.

Excellent post! I agree wholeheartedly. I'm so tired of the revolving door at PF. Tyson can't get outplayd by Pekovic yet again. Melo is helping in other ways while his shot isn't falling....but his shot needsto start falling. And lastly, our guards need to step up their defense. Shumpert is reaching entirely too much and getting beat.

knickscity 11-03-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Excellent post! I agree wholeheartedly. I'm so tired of the revolving door at PF. Tyson can't get outplayd by Pekovic yet again. Melo is helping in other ways while his shot isn't falling....but his shot needsto start falling. And lastly, our guards need to step up their defense. Shumpert is reaching entirely too much and getting beat.

I can live with poor offense, can live with bad defense.

No complaints from me long as they keep defending.:D

The jumpers will fall eventually.

knickscity 11-03-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
So you guys can't recognize the difference in how teams defend chandler and Bargnani? I'm not saying Bargnani is playing anywhere close as I still expect him to, but atleast watch how his man covers him as opposed to the way chandler moves around unguarded

Honestly all I saw was 19 and 1.

Those are rebounds btw.:roll:

But seriously, i dont doubt that defenses actually have to guard bargnani, I know they do, but he also has to guard as well.

Bargnani is only good at guarding his own man, and that has more to do with him being 7 feet tall....his rotations are pathetic.

But overall I think he's done good, I hope to see more.

If Bargs has to guard Love, he might be in for a long night.

franchize 11-03-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Honestly all I saw was 19 and 1.

Those are rebounds btw.:roll:

But seriously, i dont doubt that defenses actually have to guard bargnani, I know they do, but he also has to guard as well.

Bargnani is only good at guarding his own man, and that has more to do with him being 7 feet tall....his rotations are pathetic.

But overall I think he's done good, I hope to see more.

If Bargs has to guard Love, he might be in for a long night.

Oh...I see we're being extremely nice today. Shoulda sent me that memo lol:cletus: