Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ty thomas (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3161)

Unregistered 06-28-2006 07:17 PM

ty thomas

is it just me, or is ty thomas very similar to hakim warrick, or k-mart? obviously ty thomas has better shot blocking ability than warrick, but offensively, i see a lot of similarities, and they're both short for power forwards and lack the offensive perimeter game for the small forward position.

Chamberlain 06-28-2006 07:32 PM

Lots of similarities between all these players.

Tsuj10 06-28-2006 08:25 PM

I disagree- judging from pre-draft measurements, Tyrus Thomas is 6'8 and a quarter with shoes on. Keep in mind though, he just finished his freshman year of college; I don't know if he's completely stopped growing. Second, his 7'3 wingspan compensates for being short (although I don't consider 6'8 being 'too short' for a PF). He does, however, need to fill his body out though and pack on 15 pounds of muscle. Check the Frederick Douglass tattoo- this kid is motivated.

airtommy 06-29-2006 01:34 AM

Excellent comparisons!

BRoyHOF 06-29-2006 01:52 AM

I see a little Ben Wallace in him. A little undersized but athletic and tough.

Csharp10 06-29-2006 09:02 AM

Tyrus Thomas is going to be a tough mother f@^#&#! He needs some wieght though your right.He will run with the bulls great though.

artificial 06-29-2006 09:32 AM

i see similarities between stromile swift and tyrus tomas. similar position, similar height, a lot of power and athleticism. Both come from LSU and have similar college stats (though stro didnt played that good in his freshman year) and both seem to have a low bball IQ.

of course, stro has "bust" written all over his face, while tyrus is out there yet to prove anything the nba. thomas could end up being a much better player a la kenyon.

as for me -and my opinion is irrelevant- i hope he busts as badly as stro. i dont like tyrus.

Unregistered 06-29-2006 03:20 PM

Low Bball IQ huh? For a freshman... who only played Bball for only a year... that's a retarted statement. Time will tell....

Unregistered 2 06-29-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Low Bball IQ huh? For a freshman... who only played Bball for only a year... that's a retarted statement. Time will tell....

I may be mistaken, but I believe he has played for more than one year. I remember during the tournament they showed a thing on some of the LSU players, including Glen Davis, a guard, and I though Tyrus thomas, it was about how they have played together their whole lives. If it wasn't Thomas, it was someone else. But there is no way in F*ckin hell he has only played ONE year. Actually, he redshirted his first year right? And a school isn't going to give you a scholarship for a sport you've never played.

I think Tyrus thomas will never be more than a good role player. Similair to Ben Wallace and what others have compared him too.

Tsuj10 06-29-2006 07:44 PM

Ha, Ben Wallace is only a good role player? If Tyrus Thomas turns into a Ben Wallace-type player, the Bulls will be thrilled. The comparisons to Marion are pretty accurate, I think.