Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What's the Knick's strategy? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=316410)

Derivative 11-11-2013 12:47 AM

What's the Knick's strategy?

Ok my question is what exactly is the Knick's strategy? Usually teams win with the following attributes:

-Very good defense (ie. KG celtics, 04 pistons)

-Very efficient offense (ie. Showtime lakers, Nash suns)

-Good post game/good size (ie. twin tower spurs, hakeem rockets)

-Star power (ie. Shaq lakers, Lebron heat, thunder)

The knicks have none of it. They have horrible defense, they have very inefficient offense(leading scorer is a chucker), they have no post game, and they don't have 1 superstar. The offseason changes do nothing to improve those 4 important qualities of a good team. I really don't get what they're trying to do.

RoundMoundOfReb 11-11-2013 12:50 AM

Re: What's the Knick's strategy?

They dont have one

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 11-11-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
Ok my question is what exactly is the Knick's strategy? Usually teams win with the following attributes:

-Very good defense (ie. KG celtics, 04 pistons)

-Very efficient offense (ie. Showtime lakers, Nash suns)

-Good post game/good size (ie. twin tower spurs, hakeem rockets)

-Star power (ie. Shaq lakers, Lebron heat, thunder)

The knicks have none of it. They have horrible defense, they have very inefficient offense(leading scorer is a chucker), they have no post game, and they don't have 1 superstar. The offseason changes do nothing to improve those 4 important qualities of a good team. I really don't get what they're trying to do.

Strategy for what? winning? their is no leader on that team

Kidd was the reason they had a good start last yr....then he crashed and they burned

what you expect from a team that has JR Smith, K Mart, MWP, A Barg? Fat Boy Felton & Selfish Melo?

RoundMoundOfReb 11-11-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Strategy for what? winning? their is no leader on that team

Kidd was the reason they had a good start last yr....then he crashed and they burned

what you expect from a team that has JR Smith, K Mart, MWP, A Barg? Fat Boy Felton & Selfish Melo?

:applause:

Trentknicks 11-11-2013 12:58 AM

Considering we have a 20 million dollar black whole (of our own doing) in our salary cap I think we are doing okay. Clear that they have no direction till 2015 when there is nearly total salary cap space. But imagine every other team in the league's performance when their 2nd best player (when healthy), gets injured and can contribute nothing.

Also, little early in the season isn't it? Lot of other teams looking shaky as hell, just more fashionable for keyboard warriors to hate on the Knicks I guess.

EDIT: A core of Amare/Tyson/Melo isn't winning anything, and was set up by Donnie Walsh. Grunwald, with no flexibilty whatsoever have managed to add Felton, Bargs, MWP, JR, Udrih for next to nothing and also found Jeremy Lin, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland in the bargain bin. Not all that bad for a GM with his hands tied behind his back so to speak.

Hope we don't extend Melo as he needs such a favourable supporting cast to be competitive and isn't a real winner. But most of the poster intent on laughing at the Knicks for having Melo would probably do the same if we let Melo go and tried to rebuild competely.

Sarcastic 11-11-2013 01:10 AM

They have the worst coach in basketball. They are not familiar with the term strategy.

bdreason 11-11-2013 01:36 AM

I can't believe they won so many games last season. This isn't just in hindsight either. I was baffled at the time.

andremiller07 11-11-2013 01:37 AM

To prove ESPN right about the 37 win prediction

BallsOut 11-11-2013 01:37 AM

Knicks should start Metta at the 4.

This is probably their best lineup (offensive/defensive) currently.

Bargnani
World Peace
Melo
JR Smith
Raymond Felton

Droid101 11-11-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
They have the worst coach in basketball. They are not familiar with the term strategy.

Wait... I thought they had the worst coach in basketball when they had D'Antoni?

So what you're saying is, they traded the worst coach in basketball for an even worse coach?

longtime lurker 11-11-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trentknicks
Considering we have a 20 million dollar black whole (of our own doing) in our salary cap I think we are doing okay. Clear that they have no direction till 2015 when there is nearly total salary cap space. But imagine every other team in the league's performance when their 2nd best player (when healthy), gets injured and can contribute nothing.

Also, little early in the season isn't it? Lot of other teams looking shaky as hell, just more fashionable for keyboard warriors to hate on the Knicks I guess.

EDIT: A core of Amare/Tyson/Melo isn't winning anything, and was set up by Donnie Walsh. Grunwald, with no flexibilty whatsoever have managed to add Felton, Bargs, MWP, JR, Udrih for next to nothing and also found Jeremy Lin, Pablo Prigioni and Chris Copeland in the bargain bin. Not all that bad for a GM with his hands tied behind his back so to speak.

Hope we don't extend Melo as he needs such a favourable supporting cast to be competitive and isn't a real winner. But most of the poster intent on laughing at the Knicks for having Melo would probably do the same if we let Melo go and tried to rebuild competely.

Other than the spelling mistake this is true. Knicks are literally paying Amare to do nothing. Other than this they have an owner with no patience or direction. But the biggest issue is Amare's soul sucking contract. I've always thought a guy like Paul Milsap would be a perfect fit with Melo, with Amare's contract they could land Milssap and have money left over for a couple defensive role players.

imdaman99 11-11-2013 01:56 AM

strategy? strategy??? what the fck is a strategy when it comes to the knicks?! :facepalm

Derivative 11-11-2013 04:08 AM

i mean their management must have some kind of strategy or vision for the team:facepalm

LakersDaBEst 11-11-2013 04:12 AM

ISO : Melo/Jr Smith

fiddy 11-11-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
i mean their management must have some kind of brain damage :facepalm

fxed