Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   At 5-7, we lead the division.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317324)

lilbeastnani 11-20-2013 09:34 PM

At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
:roll: :roll: :roll: Who would've ever expected that.

1. Toronto 5-7
2. Philly 5-8
3. Boston 4-8
4. NY 3-7 (pending completion of current game
5. Brooklyn 3-8

Who the hell could've seen THIS coming. We're 4th in the East by default.

BoogieWoogieMan 11-20-2013 10:37 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Tanking? Pffffft

We going for 4th!

bokes15 11-20-2013 11:17 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
I can't believe we're the titanic division again. Boston, Philly and TO I expected to be bad or below average. NY and BK being the bottom 2 teams, total shocker.

Jballer 11-21-2013 11:41 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Nets and Knicks are the shocker. Boston and Philly I think are "coming back to earth" likely as projected.

In so much as it ruins my preseason projections...I cannot exclaim how happy I am to see the Knicks imploding and to a lesser degree the Nets. My "fan season" would be complete if the Knicks failed to get into the post season and the Nets were one and done...

It may spoil the high pick if Toronto performs better in the Titantic than expected all season long... but frankly this team is not constituted to tank in the first place. This team always had enough talent to compete for a 6-7-8 spot in the east; unless MU had really unwound the team at training camp we all sort of said the same thing.

Middling performance middling draft pick.

Moves I suspose are all still possible but this start to the season means the Raptors management are :

1) going to push for the playoffs
2) more likely to add a minor piece than subtract from the core team..i.e. ticker at the edges.
3) Make any decisions about Gay and Klow in the offseason.

I would assume that at 15th overall draft pick next season they are looking for a quality young PG and PF

Qwyjibo 11-21-2013 12:51 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
I am very scared of a repeat of what happened the last time the Raptors won the division.

The only reason they won was because everyone was tanking, not because they were a good team. The Raptors won the "Titanic "division, lost in the 1st round and then became totally irrelevant afterwards because they actually thought they had a good enough core to move forward with. If the Raptors win the division this year, it will be for the same reason. And this time, they don't even have a player as good as Chris Bosh was.

Again, this roster should have been dismantled. Casey too.

kmart 11-21-2013 01:06 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Brooklyn and Knicks are probably coming back.

GoRapz 11-21-2013 11:35 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
This doesn't mean anything. We're 12 games deep into the season

lilbeastnani 11-22-2013 03:08 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRapz
This doesn't mean anything. We're 12 games deep into the season

To say it's still early is one thing. But to say a 3-8 start for both NY and BK, teams picked to be top 4-5 in the East means nothing is just stupid. As for Toronto, believe it or not last year we got our 5th win on December 14 after playing 24 games. This year we got our 5th win in 12. So damn right it means something. Sure we're mediocre, but sadly that's still an upgrade. And that's with a couple of games we should've won but let slip away.

Jballer 11-22-2013 11:08 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmart
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Brooklyn and Knicks are probably coming back.


I am not so sure. You may very well be correct... :cheers:

...but I am looking at the Knicks especially close and frankly I am not sure this team comes back...

1) Chandler gone for months. Not withstanding the beasts hyping his solo numbers - the Knicks are relying on Bargnani to be their center... 12 points 4 rebounds verses Indiana.. their number 2 option. He isnt the type of player that thrives in low post rebounding buckets ala Chandler and the o scheme for Melo

2) Felton a questionable starter also injured as primary PG.

3) Amare on time limits per game. Even if he comes back there are some indications he doesnt have it anymore.

4) Say what you want about the Bargnani trade from a Toronto perspective but they seem to have given up depth and outside shooting.

5) Shupert on the way out as a disgruntled employee...

which only leaves... Melo. Melo cannot carry a team on his back.

But even further true is that every 5-10 seasons the Knicks implode and the team starts all over - all over the cap before and after.The rumors for Rondo etc speak volume about desparation.

In 68 games left they will play a fair number verses Boston/Philly/Bucks - but they also have to play against the Wizards/Cavs/Raptors/Pistons/Hawks - all teams that are at least marginally improved enough to compete for the playoffs. Further they still have a "big west coast swing" due...

16 - 24 @ midpoint when Chandler comes back is not out of the realm of possibility.

GoRapz 11-22-2013 03:24 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
To say it's still early is one thing. But to say a 3-8 start for both NY and BK, teams picked to be top 4-5 in the East means nothing is just stupid. As for Toronto, believe it or not last year we got our 5th win on December 14 after playing 24 games. This year we got our 5th win in 12. So damn right it means something. Sure we're mediocre, but sadly that's still an upgrade. And that's with a couple of games we should've won but let slip away.


70 games left dude. Who's to say NYK and BK can't come out blazing hot from here on out? Weren't we .500 after the Rudy Gay trade to bring us up in the standings from horribly bad to seeing some sort of light at the end of the tunnel? Get back to me January where the picture becomes a bit more clearer.

bokes15 11-22-2013 04:32 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Call me bold, but I can see both Brooklyn and NY coming back into the playoff picture before the seasons out. Chandler they said is out 4-6 weeks, so that means unless it gets pushed back he probably comes back sometime mid december or if they are really cautious with it, in January. Brooklyn made a higher seed with a lesser team last year. They need some time to figure things out. As for Toronto, they may not finish at the top of the division but with the way the east is panning out they do have a legitimate shot at making the playoffs.

bluerap 11-23-2013 08:33 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I am very scared of a repeat of what happened the last time the Raptors won the division.

The only reason they won was because everyone was tanking, not because they were a good team. The Raptors won the "Titanic "division, lost in the 1st round and then became totally irrelevant afterwards because they actually thought they had a good enough core to move forward with. If the Raptors win the division this year, it will be for the same reason. And this time, they don't even have a player as good as Chris Bosh was.

Again, this roster should have been dismantled. Casey too.


Agree,
except on Casey. Who else is going to be the tank commander, if not an inept coach.

Right now we would play the bulls in the first round. That would be fun :biggums:

Himan12 11-24-2013 10:34 PM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Should pick up lots of losses in the next 20 game stretch.

Think I'll be done with this shitty organization if they continue to treadmill for next couple of years.

avonbarksdale 11-25-2013 03:37 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
i would be happy if they made the playoffs

RoundMoundOfReb 11-25-2013 06:00 AM

Re: At 5-7, we lead the division..
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Himan12
Should pick up lots of losses in the next 20 game stretch.

Think I'll be done with this shitty organization if they continue to treadmill for next couple of years.

I hope so. Knicks and Nets need to get it together.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy