Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Houston Rockets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Dwight Howard had the best game of the year.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317414)

9erempiree 11-21-2013 04:15 PM

Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
....and still came up short. When will Rocket fans admit that Laker fans were right. Laker fans are right again about Howard's great stats don't equate to winning.

Last night versus the Mavs he had his best game of the last 2 years and it ended in a loss as usual.

33/11

12 for 16 shooting.

9 for 13 at the charity stripe.

CanYouDigIt 11-21-2013 04:16 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Weak attempt. 1/10. Try Again.

JimmyMcAdocious 11-21-2013 04:17 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
CP3 had a 42/15/6 steal game earlier this year.

3peated 11-21-2013 04:18 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
11 rebounds is not impressive to me, for him.

9erempiree 11-21-2013 04:18 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
Weak attempt. 1/10. Try Again.


Still salty from that Blake 3?

CanYouDigIt 11-21-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Still salty from that Blake 3?

Who? Blake Griffin?

9erempiree 11-21-2013 04:20 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
CP3 had a 42/15/6 steal game earlier this year.


I mean Dwight's best game of the year.

9erempiree 11-21-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
I wish Yahoo would update their player's bio....the horror of this guy in purple and gold. Someone email them Dwight's media day photo.


Mr Exlax 11-21-2013 04:25 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
One player doesn't win or lose a team game though. If we would've played some defense all 4 quarters, then we would've won. You take away his contributions to the game last night and it's a blowout.

outbreak 11-21-2013 04:32 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
fail thread by a fail poster. Nothing to see here

scm5 11-21-2013 04:36 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Dwight is such a joke. Former DPOY and he's made zero impact on Houston's defense.

Houston's defensive efficiency last season: 106.1
Houston's defensive efficiency this season: 106.4

Lakers defensive efficiency last season: 106.6
Lakers defensive efficiency this season: 105.1

RoundMoundOfReb 11-21-2013 04:36 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scm5
Dwight is such a joke. Former DPOY and he's made zero impact on Houston's defense.

Houston's defensive efficiency last season: 106.1
Houston's defensive efficiency this season: 106.4

Lakers defensive efficiency last season: 106.6
Lakers defensive efficiency this season: 105.1

Lol 10 game sample size.

cos88 11-21-2013 04:47 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
18 and 14 for the season. lakers dickeaters still mad that dwight went away because kobe is a rape cancer and a bad teammate.

themurph 11-21-2013 04:51 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by scm5
Dwight is such a joke. Former DPOY and he's made zero impact on Houston's defense.

Houston's defensive efficiency last season: 106.1
Houston's defensive efficiency this season: 106.4

Lakers defensive efficiency last season: 106.6
Lakers defensive efficiency this season: 105.1



The truth is as a Bulls fan who has little invested in Houston, Howard is anchoring a team with the worse defensive players he has ever played with...

You can't throw out stats without the understanding of just who Howard is playing with....Harden is an exceptional talent...But he is arguably the worst defensive SG in the league...Then you look at the 2 and 3 position and it's the same thing....Lin, while an offensive spark, gets beat a lot by his man...Parsons is a very solid player who can drop 20 in his sleep, but again on defense he is lacking...

So what you are left with is Dwight Howard being the only defensive force on the team as the center...You can't expect the man to play D in the paint AND on the perimeter...

Again, Howard is a lot of things...But the blame game with this dude has become over the top...

What people need to be having issue with is how Kevin Mchale coaches down the stretch of tight games and the fact that the Rockets' perimeter defense is horrible...

Mr Exlax 11-21-2013 04:55 PM

Re: Dwight Howard had the best game of the year....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by themurph
The truth is as a Bulls fan who has little invested in Houston, Howard is anchoring a team with the worse defensive players he has ever played with...

You can't throw out stats without the understanding of just who Howard is playing with....Harden is an exceptional talent...But he is arguably the worst defensive SG in the league...Then you look at the 2 and 3 position and it's the same thing....Lin, while an offensive spark, gets beat a lot by his man...Parsons is a very solid player who can drop 20 in his sleep, but again on defense he is lacking...

So what you are left with is Dwight Howard being the only defensive force on the team as the center...You can't expect the man to play D in the paint AND on the perimeter...

Again, Howard is a lot of things...But the blame game with this dude has become over the top...

What people need to be having issue with is how Kevin Mchale coaches down the stretch of tight games and the fact that the Rockets' perimeter defense is horrible...


I already know you've watched games. Just based off of everything you just typed. I love my team, but you're spot on. I agree with you 1000000% :applause:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy