Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Cats get Morrison at 3 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3183)

Timmeh 06-28-2006 09:44 PM

Cats get Morrison at 3

that's a smart safe pick at 3 for us, he probably wont be a bust but behind wallace he can score some good bench points for us

then at 50 we get some Center from UCLA....who is this guy?

Captian Solo 06-29-2006 02:15 AM

Wallace playing the 2???

ya morrison is a great pick. I would love to see wallace play the 2 or morrison play the 2 so they can both play at the same time. since the bobcats really don't have a 2.

Heretik32 06-29-2006 01:35 PM

I expect to see Wallace starting at the two, as he is quicker than 'Stache.

MikeUK 06-29-2006 11:23 PM

Think he is going to be solid scorer and just what we needed. Maybe just 15 points a game average first season while he makes the transition but then think he could be getting 20 from then on. Can fill in alongside Wallace for this coming season and then we can look into FA or drafting a 2 guy if needed next year. No point rushing it as if we at least try Morrison at the 2 (because he would struggle to defend NBA forwards) and he and Wallace play well together then no problem. If we come up against someone with a dominent SG like D-Wade, he can swap D duty with Wallace.

After the year if it doesn't look like working out they can share time at the 3 spot and we go after a 2 in FA or draft, otherwise we can look for a dominent centre.

Chamberlain 06-29-2006 11:32 PM

I've been on his bandwagon ever since the first time i saw him play in his Sophmore year. Charlotte is rising up on my favorite teams list because of him. I'll be posting here more often now.

insidehoops 07-04-2006 11:26 PM

Perfect pick. Best scorer in all of college hoops for a team that needs it

PHXsunsROCK1105 07-05-2006 07:58 PM

Morrison was the PERFECT pick for ya guys! :violin:

marny_navis 07-24-2006 10:42 PM

Solid, smart pick. Will give you immediate scoring no matter position. Won't be able to guard a bank with a machine gun (heard that one on the draft televising I think), but he could always swap duties with Wallace like someone said on this board. I think 15ppg would be good first season, possibly up to 19 or 20. Don't know much about Hollins, but from what I heard he's like an athletic Primoz Brezec or something.

DiscoThunderDunk 07-25-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Solid, smart pick. Will give you immediate scoring no matter position. Won't be able to guard a bank with a machine gun (heard that one on the draft televising I think), but he could always swap duties with Wallace like someone said on this board. I think 15ppg would be good first season, possibly up to 19 or 20. Don't know much about Hollins, but from what I heard he's like an athletic Primoz Brezec or something.

I expect Morrison to seriously contend for ROY. It will almost certainly start...and I think will be able to contribute...particularly in the first half of the season. I think with his diabetes, the rookie wall might be a bit more surmountable...but if anyone has the drive to break through it...Morrison does. I expect the Bobcats will fight for a .500 season this year. Probably not the playoffs...but I don't think it is out of the question.

ZHAKIDD532 07-25-2006 04:00 PM

morrison is gonna be really good for charlotte