Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318950)

Foster5k 12-07-2013 08:01 PM

Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
What do you guys think? If Chris Paul was at the helm, instead of Tony Parker, would the Spurs have out gunned Miami and won the championship?

NumberSix 12-07-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Dat grammar.

Inferno 12-07-2013 08:19 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Yeah. Parker performed badly in the finals

Young X 12-07-2013 08:24 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
No question. Paul's better than Parker at almost every facet of basketball. Put him on the Spurs and he'd have at least 5 rings.

Look at the teams Parker has played with in the playoffs, then look at the teams Paul has played with. It's a joke.

The only real advantage Parker has over Paul is luck, put him on Paul's Hornets teams and he'd miss the playoffs every year. Real talk.

christian1923 12-07-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
A healthy Parker would have won that NbA finals.

Victoire 12-10-2013 01:51 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young X
No question. Paul's better than Parker at almost every facet of basketball. Put him on the Spurs and he'd have at least 5 rings.

Look at the teams Parker has played with in the playoffs, then look at the teams Paul has played with. It's a joke.

The only real advantage Parker has over Paul is luck, put him on Paul's Hornets teams and he'd miss the playoffs every year. Real talk.


Chris Paul, is that you?

BoutPractice 12-10-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
You can't use that series as an argument for anything. If Allen misses that shot, something completely independent of Parker's play, we're all talking about how Parker was the hero in both Game 1 and Game 6 and we start seeing a lot more of him in all-time PG lists... That's what so great about the 2013 Finals. They're a living example of why the way we think of basketball is completely nonsensical upon closer examination

Thechosen1 12-10-2013 02:03 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
yea, but parker wasnt the reason the spurs lost that series

PizzamanIRL 12-10-2013 02:09 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
No. I think you need to go back and watch the finals.

imdaman99 12-10-2013 02:36 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoutPractice
You can't use that series as an argument for anything. If Allen misses that shot, something completely independent of Parker's play, we're all talking about how Parker was the hero in both Game 1 and Game 6 and we start seeing a lot more of him in all-time PG lists... That's what so great about the 2013 Finals. They're a living example of why the way we think of basketball is completely nonsensical upon closer examination

I know it was a broken play, but Parker was the one who was supposed to be guarding RayRay there. CP3 goes the extra mile to get that rebound or tip it away from Bosh, or mans up RayRay better and Spurs win.

IncarceratedBob 12-10-2013 02:42 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
If you take Ginobili off the Spurs they win in 6

Black and White 12-10-2013 03:47 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
If you take Ginobili off the Spurs they win in 6


This

DMAVS41 12-10-2013 04:09 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Yes.

Paul is better than Parker on both ends.

Parker is getting to be one of the more over-rated players here and in the media. Here it's some strange attempt to devalue Duncan.

21/10/5 57% TS vs 19/5/3 52% TS

Thing is...Paul is the better defender as well. Parker has never played really efficient basketball in the playoffs.

You can call sample size or whatever you want, but I can't even imagine what the Spurs do over the last 9 years with Paul over Parker. They win more than 1 title...I'll tell you that much.

Bigsmoke 12-10-2013 04:19 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Chris Paul maybe would have told Pop in game 6 like "hey man Duncan is having a good game and the Heat have guys that can't defend in the post for shit.... maybe we should keep feeding him the ball"

TheReturn 12-10-2013 04:29 PM

Re: Would Have The Spurs Won The 2013 NBA Finals With Chris Paul Instead of Tony Parker?
 
Take Ginobili off the Spurs and they don't get past the Warriors.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy