Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Did it work out all well for Marcus Williams? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3192)

Jerm 06-28-2006 09:59 PM

Did it work out all well for Marcus Williams?

Let's forget about the money he has lost but this situation is the BEST situation for him. J. Kidd won't be playing that many minutes anymore and there won't be pressure on Williams to produce. I think he's the steal of the draft and some stupid teams just blessed NJ's future.

vert48 06-28-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
Let's forget about the money he has lost but this situation is the BEST situation for him. J. Kidd won't be playing that many minutes anymore and there won't be pressure on Williams to produce. I think he's the steal of the draft and some stupid teams just blessed NJ's future.

:applause: I get it - steal of the draft

hawkfan 06-28-2006 10:00 PM

It just might.

His first year, he will get 10 minutes backing up Kidd.

He will get to learn a lot and be an important role player for a Nets team looking to get back into the Finals.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-28-2006 10:02 PM

re:

Kidd will still be around 35 MPG at the MINIMUM.

because without him in critical junctures of the game.. the Nets are lost sometimes.

if Marcus Williams can hit the jumpshots that Jacque Vaughn frequently misses, then the Nets will be all right.

at times Marcus can slide over to the 2 position since at tims the Nets run a 3 guard lineup.

AIR SETH 06-28-2006 10:03 PM

I think he is in a great situation. He is going to learn so much from Jason Kidd and is going to be the next Great Pure Point Guard in the league.

Jerm 06-28-2006 10:03 PM

Stupid teams helping good teams get better. :banghead:

Rab 06-28-2006 10:05 PM

No cause he should be playing behind Nash. :mad:

GOBB 06-28-2006 10:06 PM

Stupid topic stating the obvious. You sounmd like David Stern tonight with his trade announcements that we know 45mins ahead of time. :rollingeyes:

Jerm 06-28-2006 10:07 PM

Haha...GoBB is mad Philly didn't get to pick him. Cry me a river punk. :cry:

Qwyjibo 06-28-2006 10:13 PM

It works out for NJ but not Marcus. No matter how much you want to ignore the money issue, it matters A LOT.

Marcus screwed himself out of a lot of guaranteed money it seems.

GOBB 06-28-2006 10:13 PM

Hardly mad because I like the Carney pick. And would Marcus Williams/AI backcourt have worked? Not so certain it would have. Carney/Iggy gonna be lockin down the wings ala Rjeff/Vince. They both have that kind of upside.

GOBB 06-28-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
It works out for NJ but not Marcus. No matter how much you want to ignore the money issue, it matters A LOT.

Marcus screwed himself out of a lot of guaranteed money it seems.

How did he screw himself? Because a couple gm's thought he was out of shape? Pffft, heard that story before.

Jerm 06-28-2006 10:16 PM

Carney/Iggy will NEVER be as good Carter/Jefferson. Ok maybe they can be as good as Jefferson but they can never be as good as Carter. Stop dreaming.

GOBB 06-28-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
Carney/Iggy will NEVER be as good Carter/Jefferson. Ok maybe they can be as good as Jefferson but they can never be as good as Carter. Stop dreaming.

They can never be as good based on WHAT? Cant be Vince's college career because he didnt do anything major Carney hasnt done. Get a clue.

Suns4Life 06-28-2006 10:19 PM

You talking about being as good as Carter's potential, or as good as Carter? 2 different things