Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Blake Bortles looking to be the top QB pick for the 2014 draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319835)

Le Shaqtus 12-17-2013 01:18 PM

Blake Bortles looking to be the top QB pick for the 2014 draft

http://knightnews.com/2013/12/blake-...tes-more-buzz/

If any of you watch college ball I'm sure you know who Bortles is, whilst UCF isn't a title contender Bortles has led us to wins over Penn State, Top 10 Louisville and going toe to toe with South Carolina. He'll also lead UCF against Baylor in their first bowl game ever.

Depending on how he does in the Fiesta bowl will probably determine his decision.

He's no Jameis Winston, but Bortles really came into his own this season. He's had some crazy game winning passes and is faster than he looks. What are you guys thoughts on him?

blacknapalm 12-19-2013 04:00 AM

Re: Blake Bortles looking to be the top QB pick for the 2014 draft

easily a top 10 QB imo. i sort of see him as a jake locker...maybe not as athletic/physical but close. he can pick apart weak defenses for sure. good luck vs. baylor, man...ya'll exceeded all expectations this season :cheers:

Balla_Status 12-19-2013 05:25 AM

Top 10 Louisville? wtf?

KingBeasley08 12-19-2013 11:24 AM

Saw this guy rip us apart. He can throw it around as good as anyone in the country

MJ(Mean John) 12-24-2013 07:41 AM

I really hope he slips to the Raiders if we decide to go QB, if not, Clowney.

Le Shaqtus 12-24-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Top 10 Louisville? wtf?

Louisville was ranked #9 when we beat them.

baseketball4life 12-31-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I really hope he slips to the Raiders if we decide to go QB, if not, Clowney.

5th pick, Manziel could be available, Clowney, Carr, Bortles... I'd be okay with any of those... preferably QB we need a franchise QB

Le Shaqtus 01-02-2014 01:19 AM

Bortles>Bridgewater

blacknapalm 01-02-2014 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
Bortles>Bridgewater

c'mon bro, i like bortles, but let's put down that jack :D

Le Shaqtus 01-02-2014 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknapalm
c'mon bro, i like bortles, but let's put down that jack :D

I'm hyped dude what do you expect!?:banana:

Jameerthefear 01-02-2014 02:05 AM

Do you know him personally SHaqtus?

RedBlackAttack 01-02-2014 04:27 AM

I like the looks of Bortles as a longterm prospect. Obviously, he has the size and athleticism. He's built in the mold of a Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco.

He has what looks to be good arm strength. On those outs or quick-hitters to the sidelines, he gets is there very quickly and looks to have a nice, quick release.

His accuracy, especially on intermediate routes, appears to be his most serious issue. He could probably benefit from another year at UCF, but I doubt he goes back.

All said, I like what I've seen of him and I wouldn't complain if he were the Browns' choice at 4. I've heard there is a lot of interest in him by the front office, btw. If he's there and Bridgewater is gone, I'd bet on Bortles being the pick.

Le Shaqtus 01-02-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
Do you know him personally SHaqtus?

I had a class with him but I didn't even realise it till the last day, I know the kicker though

Le Shaqtus 01-02-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I like the looks of Bortles as a longterm prospect. Obviously, he has the size and athleticism. He's built in the mold of a Ben Roethlisberger or Joe Flacco.

He has what looks to be good arm strength. On those outs or quick-hitters to the sidelines, he gets is there very quickly and looks to have a nice, quick release.

His accuracy, especially on intermediate routes, appears to be his most serious issue. He could probably benefit from another year at UCF, but I doubt he goes back.

All said, I like what I've seen of him and I wouldn't complain if he were the Browns' choice at 4. I've heard there is a lot of interest in him by the front office, btw. If he's there and Bridgewater is gone, I'd bet on Bortles being the pick.

Pretty much spot on here.

It'll be a long shot for him to be picked as the first QB, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. But I'm pretty much gonna follow him anywhere he goes.

In a perfect world I'd rather have him stay another year, I doubt it but I'm happy he's finally getting the recognition he deserves.

imdaman99 01-02-2014 12:56 PM

Let's see him do well so we can see his gf more often