Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Jerry Rice - A Football Life (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325776)

Rasheed1 02-14-2014 01:59 AM

Jerry Rice - A Football Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ccHb3FK3Y

Watched this video earlier tonight… Jerry Rice is the GOAT..

QUIZZLE 02-14-2014 03:33 AM

Re: Jerry Rice - A Football Life

I'm not saying this to be a troll, to be a stan, but (I'm 23, only really saw Jerry in his Raider era) tell me why you think he's better than Randy Moss, T.O's of the world? What really set him apart?

Bless Mathews 02-14-2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
I'm not saying this to be a troll, to be a stan, but (I'm 23, only really saw Jerry in his Raider era) tell me why you think he's better than Randy Moss, T.O's of the world? What really set him apart?

Lol.

Best route runner in history. Hands down.

Speed. Hands.

Unmatched work ethic. In all of sports.

Just watch it.

Rasheed1 02-14-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

He doesn't have the physical gifts Moss had (or TO for that matter)… He was a tireless worker & he was an excellent route runner.. Like Deion Sanders, Montana, Steve Young, and every one says in the video, All his routes looked the same. He didn't give DBs any hints… They all looked like go routes.. He didn't drop his hips or turn his head.. He made it near impossible to figure out what he was running until it was too late..

That takes incredible attention to detail.. Moss was too lazy to ever be that meticulous.. TO was a hard worker, but even he couldn't match Rice's work ethic

just watch the video.. the answers are in there

1manfastbreak 03-14-2014 03:45 PM

Jerry Rice has the mental fortitude and work ethic of a champion, Randy Moss and T.O. do not. Both have quit on teams in the past. IMO, Jerry Rice is the greatest to ever play the game.

MavsSuperFan 03-23-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Moss was better, he just got stuck with bad QBs the vast majority of his career.

Rice had Montana and Young for all of his prime.

WR is a dependant position.

Rasheed1 03-23-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Moss was better, he just got stuck with bad QBs the vast majority of his career.

:biggums: Moss wasn't better.. Moss had more natural talent...

Rice was better..

You say "Rice had Montana and Young for all of his prime"???

Moss played with Brett Farve and tom Brady... :roll: GTFO

He quit on plays and didn't have 1/2 the work ethic of Jerry Rice.. Jerry Rice was relentless..

I wont take credit from Montana and Young... But Rice is the constant between those two.. They both had him to rely on and he came thru time and time again

Randy Moss was not Jerry Rice's level..

GOBB 03-23-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Stupid post. Rice posted 1,000yd seasons 80 and 90 catch seasons at ages 39, 40 with Rich Gannon as his QB. Not that Gannon stunk, but he was no Montana or Young. And again check his age. You don't play that long and be that productive if you werent a great player like Rice was.

Otherwise your logic can be thrown at you. You claim Emmitt Smith was better than Barry Sanders. No Barry Sanders was better. Emmitt ran behind better OLs.

Checkmate