Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Kurt Angle Being Investigated For Steroid Allegations (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32729)

LALakerFan4Life 03-06-2007 05:49 PM

OT: Kurt Angle Being Investigated For Steroid Allegations

Quote:

SportsIllustrated.com has added an article today discussing the recent allegations of steroid/HGH sales at the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center in Florida. This story broke last week as several professional athletes were listed as customers. Sport Illustratedís story lists TNA star Kurt Angle as a new name being added to the list of people being investigated. The article says:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)"

During the time of Angle receiving these prescriptions he was under contract with WWE. Both of the drugs are said to be popular anabolic steroids. We will certainly have more on this story as we get it.

http://rajah.com/base/node/7455

MTing 03-06-2007 05:51 PM

Re: OT: Kurt Angle Being Investigated For Steroid Allegations

I would have never thought...

bigkingsfan 03-06-2007 06:15 PM

Never understood why athletes don't just have an average Joe help them attain illegal products.

Bourne 03-06-2007 06:37 PM

Angle DID get a lot bigger over the last 2 years, but he NEVER struck me as someone who used steroids. I don't buy it.

Derek 03-06-2007 06:57 PM

I've met most of the wrestlers and can honestly say 90-95% of them were on steroids at some point. Angle is clearly more jacked now then when he first debuted in 2000. Even in 2003, he wasn't nearly as big. Aside from the fat wrestlers, the ones I've met who weren't on the juice were Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, the Harts, Neidhart, the Rock, and Austin.

Bourne 03-06-2007 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek
I've met most of the wrestlers and can honestly say 90-95% of them were on steroids at some point. Angle is clearly more jacked now then when he first debuted in 2000. Even in 2003, he wasn't nearly as big. Aside from the fat wrestlers, the ones I've met who weren't on the juice were Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, the Harts, Neidhart, the Rock, and Austin.

Oh please. You have met most wrestlers? So what, you meet one in the morning, another in the afternoon, and 3 more each night?

90-95% ARE NOT on steroids. Maybe 5% are on them.

Derek 03-06-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne
Oh please. You have met most wrestlers? So what, you meet one in the morning, another in the afternoon, and 3 more each night?

90-95% ARE NOT on steroids. Maybe 5% are on them.

Trust me. Hogan, Warrior, Hercules, Hawk, Kevin Nash, HHH, Lex Luger, Bulldog, Sid, Virgil. You still want to say they weren't on steroids? The ones who weren't on steroids were mid-carders. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. If they weren't on steroids, they were addicted to painkillers. I've been backstage and have met most of them. Steroids are much more common than you think. Same with painkillers.

Bourne 03-06-2007 07:11 PM

You just named 10. With what I know, I'd give you only about 3 as being definitely steroid users. Do you know how many wrestlers there are, son? Going backstage doesn't get you to meet 90-95% of them. Maybe the 10 you mentioned. And since when does you seeing them = you knowing they're on steroidS?

Derek 03-06-2007 07:15 PM

Quote:

You just named 10. With what I know, I'd give you only about 3 as being definitely steroid users. Do you know how many wrestlers there are, son? Going backstage doesn't get you to meet 90-95% of them. Maybe the 10 you mentioned. And since when does you seeing them = you knowing they're on steroidS?

You recall the steroid scandal from '91-'92? Everyone had to come off. Hogan dropped down to 230. Warrior to about 220. Sid bolted for WCW because he had failed a test and was going to be suspended without pay. Compare Hogan from '90 to '97ish. Look at Warrior from '90 to '96. Look at Sid from '91-'96 or '97. They became noticeably smaller. Big bulging muscles with normal sized heads, extensive tanning. C'mon man. It's pretty obvious. If you weren't on steroids, you were a mid-carder at best. Bret Hart being the exception. Why do you think Roddy Piper never won a title until '92? He never juiced.

Skywalker 03-06-2007 07:15 PM

Jeff Hardy isn't on steroids. :D

One who definitely was, Spike Dudley.

SCREWstonRockets 03-06-2007 07:16 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Kurt was doing 'roids. He did get BIG all of a sudden. More wrestlers roid up than you think. To name some recent examples, Chris Masters and Test.

Derek 03-06-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
More wrestlers roid up than you think

That was the point I was trying to make. Certain guys juice the correct way, so it looks like they didn't. With some guys, it was pretty obvious.

FPower 03-06-2007 07:27 PM

Steroids in professional wrestling? Shocking.

Bourne 03-06-2007 07:37 PM

Derek you are flip flopping. Some wrestlers do steroids, yes. More than one thinks probably. But MOST don't, and you haven't met MOST wrestlers. You have met 1%, if that. k?

Derek 03-06-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Derek you are flip flopping. Some wrestlers do steroids, yes. More than one thinks probably. But MOST don't, and you haven't met MOST wrestlers. You have met 1%, if that. k?

Uh, no. I've met most. I may not have met some of the current wrestlers, but the ones that worked in WWE from around '90-'97, I met a high percentage. There are guys who juiced that you would have never guessed. Most people wouldn't have thought Hawk juiced, but he did. It leaked out after he died.