Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Newest Laker, Mo Evans.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3297)

Spiderman08 24 06-29-2006 04:59 AM

Newest Laker, Mo Evans....

I'm going to love this guy. Finally, a great trade by Mitch. We got Evans for basically nothing.
This guy is strong, athletic, a solid shooter and a tough defender. He"ll be a perfect fit.

Nice job Mitch.

millencolin735 06-29-2006 05:12 AM

Damn you bastard you beat me to it I was just about to post this in the main forum and at the last minute decided it would be better suited in the Lakers froum. Oh well good pick up either way, the Lakers needed a good perimeter defender and Maurice is pretty good and not to mention probably the best rebounding 2 gaurd in the league, with a reliable jumper now.

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 01:36 PM

He also shoots pretty high.

Last year he shot 37% from three point range. I said this too many times but I think he is there to replace Devean George.

traditionone 06-29-2006 04:04 PM

Maurice Evans is a good, versatile defender we need on the perimeter.

What are the details of the deal?

millencolin735 06-29-2006 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Maurice Evans is a good, versatile defender we need on the perimeter.

What are the details of the deal?

The center the Lakers took with the 51st pick(who was picked with the intention of going to Detroit since earlier that morning) for Mo Evans.

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 07:10 PM

What about the other rookie we got from dallas...

i believe his name is JR pinnock.

I looked up his stats and he also looks pretty decent and can be better than von waffles

traditionone 06-29-2006 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
What about the other rookie we got from dallas...

i believe his name is JR pinnock.

I looked up his stats and he also looks pretty decent and can be better than von waffles

We got J.R. Pinnock, too? Okay, I have to look at the deals the Lakers made.

traditionone 06-29-2006 08:18 PM

Pinnock appears to be a very athletic kid who can be a really good defender. Not a good three point shooter, but okay midrange game, and he is a good slasher. He's an intriguing prospect. Von Wafer has a cooler name, though.

lakerfreak 06-29-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
Pinnock appears to be a very athletic kid who can be a really good defender. Not a good three point shooter, but okay midrange game, and he is a good slasher. He's an intriguing prospect. Von Wafer has a cooler name, though.

Pinnock came from Dallas when we traded our future 2nd rounder for them.

Wafer has a cool name i agree. But not worth MAking him a jersey.

He should play longer in the NBDL

traditionone 06-29-2006 09:59 PM

Von Wafer should start his own cookie company.

Von Wafer's Vanilla Wafers

kobe92 07-01-2006 02:07 PM

yesssss mo evans is the spark the Lakers need

lakerfreak 07-02-2006 02:33 AM

I want some Wafers now...they arent real but it sounds good..im hungry