Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Crazy NFL offseason (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33197)

GOBB 03-10-2007 03:46 PM

Crazy NFL offseason

So many moves happened.

NY Giants fans are mad that Baltimore traded for Willis Mcgahee while they traded for Rueben Droughans. :roll:

Raiders signed FB Griffith and RB D.Rhodes. Signs point to QB I believe. Was thinkin they might have been wise to draft Adrian Peterson. But eh

Eagles resigned DE J.Thomas (Eagles DL has pretty much been reupped) and the biggest signing was Will James formerly Will Peterson (former NYG CB) and *drum roll* WR Bethel Johnson! SB! :banana: :rollingeyes:

NE made some nice signing with Adalius Thomas and Wes Welker. You might say who? But he was solid in Miami. With Tom Brady throwing to him he'll make plays. White David Patton only I like Wes better.

Lots of moves made. More to come. You got the NFL draft and June 1rst cuts.

L.Kizzle 03-10-2007 03:47 PM

Re: Crazy NFL offseason

The NFL offseason is gettin' more attention then the NBA regular season.

Jerz Netz 03-10-2007 03:48 PM

fuc mcgahee went for 3 picks. we couldve given them that. instead we're stuck w/ f'in droughns:banghead:

Jailblazers7 03-10-2007 03:54 PM

What would you guys say is the most surprising offseason move?

For me its Joey Porter being released.

Howard5Dirk41 03-10-2007 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
So many moves happened.

NY Giants fans are mad that Baltimore traded for Willis Mcgahee while they traded for Rueben Droughans. :roll:

Raiders signed FB Griffith and RB D.Rhodes. Signs point to QB I believe. Was thinkin they might have been wise to draft Adrian Peterson. But eh

Eagles resigned DE J.Thomas (Eagles DL has pretty much been reupped) and the biggest signing was Will James formerly Will Peterson (former NYG CB) and *drum roll* WR Bethel Johnson! SB! :banana: :rollingeyes:

NE made some nice signing with Adalius Thomas and Wes Welker. You might say who? But he was solid in Miami. With Tom Brady throwing to him he'll make plays. White David Patton only I like Wes better.

Lots of moves made. More to come. You got the NFL draft and June 1rst cuts.

Welcome to the last 15 years, since NFL FA started....

Jerz Netz 03-10-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
What would you guys say is the most surprising offseason move?

For me its Joey Porter being released.

that the bears gave away Thomas Jones for so cheap. He took em to the Superbowl i think he was worth more than a pick:confusedshrug:

ALBballer 03-10-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
that the bears gave away Thomas Jones for so cheap. He took em to the Superbowl i think he was worth more than a pick:confusedshrug:

They didn't even get an extra pick iirc, they only move up 20 spots or so in the 2nd round.

BTW, no mention of the niners? They add the highest paid defensive player, Micheal Lewis and Lelie. Every day I'm starting to like the team more and more.

Jailblazers7 03-10-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerz Netz

They are just banking on Benson having a breakout year and coming into his own.

Skywalker 03-10-2007 07:45 PM

Vikings sitting ducks even though they need upgrades everywhere.

QB, WR, TE, CB, S all need upgrades! get to work!

Carbine 03-10-2007 09:08 PM

As much as I hate the idea of teams passing up on AP it's probably going to happen. Damn shame he's going to get passed on by the Raiders and probably the Lions. He has an Eric Dickerson-like career written all over him, he's that special.

Raiders overpaid for Rhodes. He's alright man but he's a dime a dozen. Could've had a runner like him in the second round.

Lions man they got that dude..Kevin Jones. He's nice but whatever. Maybe a two headed monster is just what the doctor ordered for Detroit.

I don't know if they draft AP though.. comes down to that thinking of well we already got a pro-bowl type guy in our backfield.

jjswifty 03-10-2007 09:22 PM

As a Giants fan...Im glad we didnt give up so much for Mcgahee with so many holes to fill. I am pissed we got Droughns and wouldve rather liked Rhodes.

I think the Pats have made huge upgrades. Walker is a very good player for the team and Thomas playing the 3-4 in New England will be huge.

GOBB 03-11-2007 02:25 PM

NE just signed Donte Stallworth to a 6yr deal worth $30mil, $12mil guranteed.

NE is having a nice offseason plus they have 2 first round picks in the draft. Add more talent to replace the ones they have there...that they may not want to keep or pay. Nice. Tom Brady WR core is back up to snuff.

JtotheIzzo 03-11-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
NE just signed Donte Stallworth to a 6yr deal worth $30mil, $12mil guranteed.

NE is having a nice offseason plus they have 2 first round picks in the draft. Add more talent to replace the ones they have there...that they may not want to keep or pay. Nice. Tom Brady WR core is back up to snuff.

forreal?

I wanted them to get Moss from Oakland

oh well

is Stallworth an upgrade from Deion Branch?
hmmmmmmmm

GOBB 03-11-2007 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
forreal?

I wanted them to get Moss from Oakland

oh well

is Stallworth an upgrade from Deion Branch?
hmmmmmmmm

The Patriots continued their offseason spending spree, adding wide receiver Donte' Stallworth to their 2007 haul, a league source told ESPN.com's Michael Smith. Stallworth will sign a six-year contract. The deal is believed to be worth a little more that $30 million with close to $12 million guaranteed, the source told Smith

Additions of Stallworth and Wes Welker makes u say Branch who?? :rockon:

TEXAS BATMAN 03-11-2007 03:20 PM

Stallworth's that kid from Cleveland, right? If so, Pats just seriously upgraded on their wing corps. It's going to be scary to see what Brady can do with some actual threats again.

Philly's getting cut every which way but loose this year. Garcia gone. Now they're deep threat lights out from under them. And a disgruntled McNabb? Philly doesn't make any noise this year that cheesesteak chomping media is going to have Donovan's head on a platter, and you can take that to the bank.

Curious to see what Oakland's going to do. Got rid of one malcontent in Porter, now they just to deal that headcase Moss, but they're going to be pretty thin on an already suspect offense. Their draft position is going to be fun to watch.