Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Best Video Game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33531)

STelfair31 03-13-2007 11:55 AM

Best Video Game

NBA LIVE FRANCHISE
NCAA MARCH MADNESS FRANCHISE
2K BASKETBALL FRANCHISE
NBA BALLERS SERIES
NBA STREET
NBA: THE LIFE SERIES

I personally like them all y'll can't get enough of basketball games on screen

Cannonball 03-13-2007 11:58 AM

Re: Best Video Game

2k for sure. I can't even play live. I'm all about the nba so no college games. I liked nba street homecourt but it was pretty short. Nba the live is only for what ps3?

I might have to get a ps3.

Sean77 03-13-2007 12:03 PM

NBA Street series is tight because it breaks up the monotony of the simulation games. Every now and then, you just want to pull out a 3-man alley oop dunk. I still rock Street Vol. 3 to this day (saving up for the PS3 so I can get the new one.

By the way, anyone played the new Street(if it's even out now)? How is it? I hope they have a better sneaker selection, that was the only thing I didn't like about Vol. 3.

Sean77 03-13-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonball
I liked nba street homecourt but it was pretty short.

So no 2-games-a-day, 10-week summer league mode like Vol. 3?

B-Low 03-13-2007 12:14 PM

2k and Street. I was a Live boy up until this year but Live07 is unforgiveable. My gf said she was buying me an Xbox360 for my birthday so i'll probably get Street Homecourt if she does. I love my baby lol

different107 03-13-2007 12:53 PM

I've only played NBA live and NBA street. I hear the 2k series is way better than live though.

Cannonball 03-13-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean77
So no 2-games-a-day, 10-week summer league mode like Vol. 3?

Um Idk I can check that out for you when I get home.

I only did the the carrer mode. Where you get a guy and you start of playing scrubs and stuff and work your way up to the nba pretty much. It was fun but kinda short Idk It took like 2 days. I never lost. tho

Soccer10 03-13-2007 01:27 PM

Wait a second? Best video game or best basketball video game?

If it's basketball, then none. They all suck.

If we're talking about video games in general then Pro Evolution Soccer, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid take the cake.

STelfair31 03-13-2007 01:40 PM

If we're talking about video games in general then Pro Evolution Soccer, Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid take the cake.

WHAT UP WIT THE GAMES U PLAYIN??

Dan 03-13-2007 05:50 PM

NBA Live Series
NBA Street Series
FIFA 07
GTA Series

Derek 03-13-2007 05:57 PM

I like the NBA 2K games as well as Grand Theft Auto. For those who used to play arcade games, anyone remember NBA Hangtime? I used to waste quarter after quarter after quarter on that game. I used to always use the Mourning/Johnson and Kemp/Payton combos. Ah the good old days.

emsteez forreal 03-13-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STelfair31
NBA LIVE FRANCHISE
NCAA MARCH MADNESS FRANCHISE
2K BASKETBALL FRANCHISE
NBA BALLERS SERIES
NBA STREET
NBA: THE LIFE SERIES

I personally like them all y'll can't get enough of basketball games on screen

i think you just named every basketball game you can think of. nba ballers sucks, live 07 sucks, and from what i hear nba: the life does too. nba 2k7 rules all at the time :bowdown:

-primetime- 03-13-2007 06:03 PM

madden...

Derek 03-13-2007 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i think you just named every basketball game you can think of. nba ballers sucks, live 07 sucks, and from what i hear nba: the life does too. nba 2k7 rules all at the time :bowdown:

Ballers wasn't that bad but Live has always sucked. The graphics were never that great. The Sega sports have the best graphics.

Cannonball 03-14-2007 08:39 AM

Best basketball game I have ever played.

Would be nba 2k3 on dreamcast.