Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Milwaukee Bucks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is Michael Redd a superstar? A star? A role player who can score? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3377)

insidehoops 06-29-2006 04:41 PM

Is Michael Redd a superstar? A star? A role player who can score?

Talk about Redd's game, on both ends of the floor

AIR SETH 06-29-2006 09:15 PM

Michael Redd is a tanacious defender and is excellent on the defense end of the floor. When he came out of Ohio State he was known for his defense not for his shot.

He has an excellent shot and a powerful build. He has some nice moves and can get into the lane and score. I really like him and he is a great player.
I would say he is a star.

2005-06
Statistics
PPG 25.4
RPG 4.30
APG 2.9

Spike Spiegel 06-29-2006 11:04 PM

His defense has always been looked on as pretty bad once he entered the spotlight, but statistically speaking at least he was no worse than average last year.

jmonheim 06-30-2006 03:12 PM

im a big bucks fan and i like michael redd but come on the guy doesnt not play defense and he also becomes a chucker when someone else like bobby simmons gets hot as to say this is my team and i will do all the scoring

adamcz 07-04-2006 11:33 PM

Redd's a borderline All-Star, who has improved his game every year, and will soon be considered a sure-thing all-star every year. Will never be a superstar, but he'll certainly reach the level of prime Ray Allen or Paul Pierce.

Durant Durant 07-07-2006 05:00 PM

He's definatly a star player, role players don't average 26ppg. He obviously has a strong work ethic, remember he got a $90 million dollar deal and the last season had his best year yet. Like I said he improves every season and his shooting is back after a couple years of it being down.

The reason he scored so much last year is because he went to the basket a lot more and because of the rules changes got to the FT a lot more and was one of the leaders in FT attempts last year. If not for the rules changes he would have averaged 22ppg most likely.

His defense has always been terrible, i've watched him a lot over the past few years and it's brutal. Opposing teams target him on offense and it's his only weakness. 82Games.com using all their statistics (like points given up when in the game and out...etc...) and he ended up being the worst defensive guard in the league by those numbers...Now if you believe that or not it's up to you.

dmenzion 07-07-2006 06:25 PM

Redd=Star

michael redd is star, not a superstar

stars:Shawn Marion,Michael Redd,Antawn Jamison,Manu Giniboli

superstars:

Lebron,Wade,Kobe,T-Mac,Amare,Nash,Billups,Garnett

dmenzion 07-07-2006 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
Redd's a borderline All-Star, who has improved his game every year, and will soon be considered a sure-thing all-star every year. Will never be a superstar, but he'll certainly reach the level of prime Ray Allen or Paul Pierce.

Paul Pierce is a superstar and Ray Allen was, when he was in his prime.:mad:

but i have no doubt that redd can become a superstar if he keeps excelling the way he is now

Durant Durant 07-08-2006 04:40 PM

Ray Allen when he was in his prime? Ray Allen is still in his prime right now and had his best statistical year of his career last year. Ray Allen is still an elite player.

KnicksFan4Life 07-09-2006 01:03 PM

He's got superb defense and driving abilitys, to go along with his great shot. I really like his shot, he has a quick release, and he can shoot from wherever he wants

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 07-10-2006 11:52 AM

re:

Redd is as one dimensional as they come.

adamcz 07-10-2006 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Redd is as one dimensional as they come.

That's a pretty uninformed statement. He's first and foremost one of the best shooters in the league, but he's also a great finisher around the rim. He's an overall scorer, from anywhere on the floor. He's also an average rebounder (4 rpg) and passer (3 apg). Being amazing at one thing, and average to above-average at a few others means you are a multi-dimensional player.

Spike Spiegel 07-10-2006 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamcz
That's a pretty uninformed statement. He's first and foremost one of the best shooters in the league, but he's also a great finisher around the rim. He's an overall scorer, from anywhere on the floor. He's also an average rebounder (4 rpg) and passer (3 apg). Being amazing at one thing, and average to above-average at a few others means you are a multi-dimensional player.

Don't mind him, he's just can't seem to find his way off VC's jock.

kentatm 07-16-2006 08:18 PM

he's a star. if he has another year like last, the super part may need to be added.

man, it was a sad day for me when the Bucks matched the offer the Mavs gave Redd. i was more upset than when Seattle matched the one they gave Rashard Lewis